Karen wants an apology from Brady.

Draconator

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

https://www.radio.com/971theticket/sports/florida-woman-wants-tom-brady-to-apologize-over-trophy?utm_campaign=https%3A%2F%2F971theticket.radio.com%2F&utm_content=1613313360&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=WXYT-FM&fbclid=IwAR0bf__yPwnzSqvvVxa7l4IAg6-xtcewb8eeFbFZEpMqxNYQbeJ_aL9Lxcw

Lorraine Grohs, who is the daughter of Greg Grohs, the master silversmith at Tiffany and Company from 1967 to 1994, who crafted the very first Vince Lombardi trophy, spoke to Southwest Florida Fox4 about it and she's not happy.

"It just upset me that this trophy was disgraced and disrespected by being thrown as if it was a real football," she said.

In fact, she thinks Brady should apologize.

"I personally would like an apology, not just to me and my family and the other silversmiths but to the fans, all the football fans the other team players,” Grohs said.

Brady still has not owned up to the deflated ball storie(s)   Can't see any apology on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I wouldn't have make a public deal of it were I her, but I thought it was flippant treatment of a team trophy 31 other teams yearn to claim.  Like "sure, it's the ultimate honor in NFL football, but I got so damned many of them, it's just another Party Cove Frisbee to me now! So What if I put it at risk of falling in deep water"  Sorta like Gronk using it as a baseball bat and leaving a dent in it.

It is what it is, and he is who he is.  Until someone beats the crap outta him (and the NFL stops favoring his teams IMO) he can do what he chooses, and people who admire the entitled frat-boy flex will cheer them for it.

My wife's name is Karen but spells it Caryn... not sure if that counts... but she is a charge nurse and could definitely kick Brady's ass... she doesnt whine though she orders every one around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

This sums up society today. Everyone wants to be upset by something. 

How many pages of people going after 'Karen' will this thread take up?  I guess you may be right about society today. This site included.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, I wouldn't have make a public deal of it were I her, but I thought it was flippant treatment of a team trophy 31 other teams yearn to claim.  Like "sure, it's the ultimate honor in NFL football, but I got so damned many of them, it's just another Party Cove Frisbee to me now! So What if I put it at risk of falling in deep water"  Sorta like Gronk using it as a baseball bat and leaving a dent in it.

It is what it is, and he is who he is.  Until someone beats the crap outta him (and the NFL stops favoring his teams IMO) he can do what he chooses, and people who admire the entitled frat-boy flex will cheer them for it.

This is exactly the way I feel. Gronk put a fricken dent in the Lombardi.  Marsha gets drunk for the first time away from Uncle Beli and he corn holes the trophy across a bay. Last I checked there's several NFL franchises including our own who have never hoisted one. Would it kill them to show a little more reverence? I guess not. Most responses here seem to be f- it. Who cares. Stop trying to cancel us.....yada yada yada....forget about the silversmith community, I'm surprised the Lombardi family haven't commented? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Maybe you should complain about it? This is also the definition of “irony”

nope, not gonna complain. I just find it amusing that people go to social media to complain about people that complain on social media. I'm with you though in seeing the irony of that.  One person got upset about something in part because of her fathers role with the trophy. It could have ended right there, but not in today's world.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

nope, not gonna complain. I just find it amusing that people go to social media to complain about people that complain on social media. I'm with you though in seeing the irony of that.  One person got upset about something in part because of her fathers role with the trophy. It could have ended right there, but not in today's world.

FWIW, I read your post as a complaint - including a gratuitous "chomp" at this site in the fine tradition of "bite the hand that feeds you" and a swat at society in general:

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

How many pages of people going after 'Karen' will this thread take up?  I guess you may be right about society today. This site included.

At least, the above is not how I express amusement, but YMMV

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Well I mean that is what this site is for. You take a topic and you discuss it. I’m not sure how many members we have here but I’m assuming it’s in the thousands. That’s going to bump the post count up quite a bit on certain subjects 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, I read your post as a complaint - including a gratuitous "chomp" at this site in the fine tradition of "bite the hand that feeds you" and a swat at society in general:

At least, the above is not how I express amusement, but YMMV

The post I originally replied to commented on how , this is society today... that was the swat at society. I guess I took a swat too, saying society likes to complain about society... but we are all guilty I guess. This is a nothing story and hopefully it goes away. I'll do my part and withhold further comment.

The history of the Stanley Cup is filled with incidents like this, some of which were a lot more severe.

It's been lost, found, dented, eaten out of, drunken out of, used as a baptismal font, and a lot more! 

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

The first world needs of this women are over done you might say, but being drunk as a teenager when your pushing fifty years old shows no class whatsoever, no matter who you are or what you’re celebrating,  but it’s Brady, so I expect him to act like the low life trash he is. 

• Eyeroll 1

Turns out "a Karen", spelled backwards, and in Malay (neraka), carries the meaning of "hell, destruction underworld".

[what can I say? I come up with weird s**t sometimes]

Proposed closure to this insipid matter: Ms Silversmith moves to Indonesia, lives a life appropriate to her namesake, and we all go on with the world turning gracefully.

Edited by Dukestreetking
friggin typos

27 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The first world needs of this women are over done you might say, but being drunk as a teenager when your pushing fifty years old shows no class whatsoever, no matter who you are or what you’re celebrating,  but it’s Brady, so I expect him to act like the low life trash he is. 

Ok, Karen.  You're just mad that Brady has more rings than JPP has fingers.

• Haha (+1) 1