Now THAT was a meal

EmotionallyUnstable

Had a great Saturday night out, and wanted to share the combination in hopes you share your best mix of eats, drinks and galore....

After a Saturday of chores, we celebrated Valentine’s a day early due to the in-laws visiting.

3:00-4:00 Happy hour at home with relaxing music. A banana bread beer (Eagle) and a Day Trekker (42 North)

4:00-4:15 Drove to dinner, more music

4:15-4:30 Walked around the surrounding area, took in the weather/city of Lockport

4:30-5:45 Early dinner at Stooges Stuffed Burger Bar. Went with “The Larry” a stuffed burger with peanut butter, fresh jalapeños, jalapeño cream cheese, pepper berry jam, bacon. Side of sweet potato waffle fries dipped in a sweet honey butter side sauce. Split a large Banana Pepper Mac and cheese with the wife. Washed it down with the Thin Man Parallel IPA.

5:45-6:05 Checked out a small, local specialty popcorn shop. Bought three small bags for gifts (cotton candy, caramel, buffalo wing)

6:10 Lake Effect Ice Cream Strawberry Milkshake 

6:45 Home by the fire with the wife, dogs and a full belly. 

it’s the simple things in life that can bring the most happiness, folks. It’s the simple things. 

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm playing Mario Party with the family whilst sneaking in shots of sambvca on the 1st day of a 3 day weekend. Life could be worse. 

Sambuca. White, black or red? 

I'm not familiar with Mario Party but your night sounds similar to my nights a few years back. Good times, enjoy!

Edited by SinceThe70s

Simple things beat contrived experiences every time! 

A Simple Tale Of Decades:

We had lunch with our son today. His bride as of last August was busy with friends and he was free. We had a great time and he was fussing with getting the reservation confirmed for the perfect Valentines dinner. Almost a dozen calls to get the perfect place and get it confirmed (he started a week ago). He’s very proud of himself (as are we!). 

We will be married for 36 years in 3 days. No Valentines plans, no anniversary plans, no cards, flowers or chocolates. We DID spend the morning picking out finishes to renovate our master bathroom. That won’t start until July, but then we will be in the NC mountains while the work is done. We have a renovation and a trip to look forward to, but neither are tied to an event that Hallmark has a card for. It will happen when it happens. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Sambuca. White, black or red? 

I'm not familiar with Mario Party but your night sounds similar to my nights a few years back. Good times, enjoy!

White....somewhat of an impulse buy. Got off work early yesterday and made a pit stop at the liquor store on the way home and saw it was on sale for $8.99. Between the 2 kids we had 1 soccer practice and 3 games today. Finally time for R&R. Planning on loafing tomorrow and watching the Daytona 500. 

As the OP said it's the little things. I'm not good at it, and need to be better at taking time to smell the roses. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I serviced my wife at 7:30am, 11:15am and 4:35pm today. She has that look in her eye again but I’m spent. 

If she needs that enema, I think you need to step up and be the husband she signed up for! 

13 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Had a great Saturday night out, and wanted to share the combination in hopes you share your best mix of eats, drinks and galore....

After a Saturday of chores, we celebrated Valentine’s a day early due to the in-laws visiting.

3:00-4:00 Happy hour at home with relaxing music. A banana bread beer (Eagle) and a Day Trekker (42 North)

4:15-4:30 Walked around the surrounding area, took in the weather/city of Lockport

4:30-5:45 Early dinner at Stooges Stuffed Burger Bar. Went with “The Larry” a stuffed burger with peanut butter, fresh jalapeños, jalapeño cream cheese, pepper berry jam, bacon. Side of sweet potato waffle fries dipped in a sweet honey butter side sauce. Split a large Banana Pepper Mac and cheese with the wife. Washed it down with the Thin Man Parallel IPA.

5:45-6:05 Checked out a small, local specialty popcorn shop. Bought three small bags for gifts (cotton candy, caramel, buffalo wing)

it’s the simple things in life that can bring the most happiness, folks. It’s the simple things. 

Why did you take your in-laws to Valentine's Day Dinner?

17 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Will only test a meal like that if I'm a 5-10 min. ride to home.

Admire your intestinal iron constitution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

sounds awesome! 

but a peanut butter and jelly burger though... 🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.