Is Luke Kuechly a Pipedream?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article242124326.html

Young man looks to have lost some serious mass since he retired. Which suggests he's not planning a comeback anytime soon.

So many football players work really hard year round to keep their weight UP. Look at and listen to Eric Wood on this subject. Think about what Gronk looked like not too long after "retiring." It's not natural, or comfortable, for many guys to maintain such bulked up build.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Beast said:

He is still in the Panthers organization, partly because he loves the Charlotte area and the Panthers.

If he did make a comeback, which IMO is extremely unlikely, it would be with the Panthers.

I think some people forget, many who have not played contact sports, that after the years of the beatings taken will weigh heavily in their decision process.

Many players are trying to make as much money as they can in a relatively short span and walking away with their health. 

Keuchley wont play another snap in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Hey, I appreciate (most) of the replies.  In starting the thread, I looked at the fact that Gronkowski sat out an entire year and came back to help lead his team to a Super Bowl win.  I don't consider the thread any dumber than the threads asking Gronkowski to "come home" and finish his career with the Bills.

16 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't think Kuechley comes back. He suffered some serious concussions throughout his career and walked away to preserve his quality of life for the future. He also took a role as a scout within the organization. I think when he hung the cleats up that he did so for good. 

He was literally Crying like a baby on one of them.

He made his decision for health reasons and is a very intelligent person.

IMO No chance he is even thinking of coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

And Bo Jackson, just do it, and yes, you’re crazy.

Last year i mention JJ  and everyone said he was done,  now he is available and we have everyone talking about him.  At the same time i mentioned JJ  i also said our defense was not good enough and would cost us against good offences in the playoffs and that is what happened.  The defense is not going to get better unless Beane replaces 2-3 starters.  If Milano wants to return then you pay him around 7-8 milll tops or find and upgrade for the type of money he wants (14 mllion)

Anyone who wastes more than five seconds thinking about this needs to get a life. 

And I've now spent thirty seconds on it. 

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Last year i mention JJ  and everyone said he was done,  now he is available and we have everyone talking about him.  At the same time i mentioned JJ  i also said our defense was not good enough and would cost us against good offences in the playoffs and that is what happened.  The defense is not going to get better unless Beane replaces 2-3 starters.  If Milano wants to return then you pay him around 7-8 milll tops or find and upgrade for the type of money he wants (14 mllion)

You are right, JJ IS done, and the Bills should take a hard pass on trying to sign him.

Edited by Dr. K
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Look, wait for the draft and hope Collins or Bolton falls to the Bills at 30.

I'm not the biggest fan of Collins. Personally, would rather have Jabril Cox or Browning.

Nick Bolton would be my ideal, over the moon LB, but I don't think he makes it to us :(

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Hey, I appreciate (most) of the replies.  In starting the thread, I looked at the fact that Gronkowski sat out an entire year and came back to help lead his team to a Super Bowl win.  I don't consider the thread any dumber than the threads asking Gronkowski to "come home" and finish his career with the Bills.

don’t think your thread is dumb but your premise has like zero chance of happening. Dude was wrecked by concussions. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

JJ Watt has never retired. That’s the big difference.