Is Luke Kuechly a Pipedream?

I have no idea if he has any desire to play again or how healthy he is, but if he wants to play again, if he's healthy and if he wants to chase a ring, how perfect would he be for the Bills?  He turns 30 in April, he has the Carolina connection, he would be former Defensive Player of the Year who knows how to play middle linebacker and knows how to stop the run.  Sign him to a one year deal (after acquiring rights from the Panthers) and move Edmunds outside.   Of course, this is all falls into place after we sign J.J. Watt!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I have no idea if he has any desire to play again or how healthy he is, but if he wants to play again, if he's healthy and if he wants to chase a ring, how perfect would he be for the Bills?  He turns 30 in April, he has the Carolina connection, he would be former Defensive Player of the Year who knows how to play middle linebacker and knows how to stop the run.  Sign him to a one year deal (after acquiring rights from the Panthers) and move Edmunds outside.   Of course, this is all falls into place after we sign J.J. Watt!  

Huge upgrade over Milano,  

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

I don't think Kuechley comes back. He suffered some serious concussions throughout his career and walked away to preserve his quality of life for the future. He also took a role as a scout within the organization. I think when he hung the cleats up that he did so for good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

22 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Is Willis 29 years old and one year removed from playing at an All Pro level?  If yes, sure let’s go after him too.

I get where you are coming from, I really do. I think Kuechley had the sense to walk away as a very wealthy man while he still had his wits about him. Given his history, I hope he stays that way. 

I have a friend who talks about our kids in high school football, and he had a thing about the euphemisms we use. He “got his bell rung” means he bruised his brain. He “tweaked his shoulder” is a stinger, which is neurological damage that has lasted a decade for my son after a mere high school encounter.  

He’s rich, he’s smart enough to walk away, and I don’t think OUR wishes are going to change that. I could always be wrong, but I seriously doubt that in this case. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beast said:

He is still in the Panthers organization, partly because he loves the Charlotte area and the Panthers.

If he did make a comeback, which IMO is extremely unlikely, it would be with the Panthers.

I think that's the least of the issues.  Panthers are rebuilding, if he wanted to come back, they'd likely waive his rights, or take a 6th or 7th rounder in exchange.  Not that I think he's coming back, but Panthers having his rights can be easily dealt with.  Think he's recall seeing him recently on TV down here in NC, still doing commercials.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Beast said:

He is still in the Panthers organization, partly because he loves the Charlotte area and the Panthers.

If he did make a comeback, which IMO is extremely unlikely, it would be with the Panthers.

I think he'd want to play with a contender. Why come back to a rebuilding franchise at this stage? 

It's a pipe dream.  He's a scout for the Panthers now so he has a job to get way from the wife and kids.  I doubt he'd ever play for someone else if he did come back.    Given his instincts and coverage skills he'll pry be a pretty good scout. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I get where you are coming from, I really do. I think Kuechley had the sense to walk away as a very wealthy man while he still had his wits about him. Given his history, I hope he stays that way. 

I have a friend who talks about our kids in high school football, and he had a thing about the euphemisms we use. He “got his bell rung” means he bruised his brain. He “tweaked his shoulder” is a stinger, which is neurological damage that has lasted a decade for my son after a mere high school encounter.  

He’s rich, he’s smart enough to walk away, and I don’t think OUR wishes are going to change that. I could always be wrong, but I seriously doubt that in this case. 

When I played HS football in the early to mid 90's, my coach used to talk about hitting the other team so hard we cause them to have snot bubbles.

7 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Why do I feel like this is my burner account from an alternate reality!!! I love you:wub:

8 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Also I would add Kerrigan on the other side of JJ until we can get TJ here or a Bosa

Edited by Sherlock Holmes