Chris Hogan Going Back to his Roots - Declares for the Premier Lacrosse League Entry Draft

This is a typical PLL publicity stunt.  The Rabil brothers are very good at marketing, and the PLL has become the best professional field lacrosse league in the world.  

That said, Chris Hogan has no business being on a PLL roster...let alone being drafted and invited to training camp.  He was a good, not great college lacrosse player 13 years ago.  

If CH does make a roster it’s all about publicity and selling a ***** ton of merchandise.  

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is a typical PLL publicity stunt.  The Rabil brothers are very good at marketing, and the PLL has become the best professional field lacrosse league in the world.  

That said, Chris Hogan has no business being on a PLL roster...let alone being drafted and invited to training camp.  He was a good, not great college lacrosse player 13 years ago.  

If CH does make a roster it’s all about publicity and selling a ***** ton of merchandise.  

So??? Haha, it’s lacrosse. They need all the publicity they can. 

my man made the NFL after one year at a little college program, made millions, and started for a SB champion. Now he might get a chance to play another pro sport? My man is living his best life. Much respect. 

43 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is exactly what the Mets have been doing with Tebow (Robert Jeffress' buddy) and I find it disgraceful.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Rabil is trying to change that with the PLL... But you get paid based on the dollars you generate. 

The version the Bandits play is such a different game than the regular version. Great sport. Hogan is going to enjoy playing a sport and not having his body need to endure the same abuse as pro football. Good way to ease into retirement. 

29, I agree with just about everything, but my oldest son had 5 concussions from Lax and was. D1 full ride player.  He was also a starting QB in some top teams I. FL.  Lax is not that easy. My oldest was a middy.  My younger was as well ,but fared better.  They both played both sports.  I’m just telling you when opponents are cheap and give you a shot in the back of the neck lower than the helmet, it’s not that easy.

I’m happy for Hogan.  It’s certainly not a non contact sport.  I’m sure hogan will figure it out.  Good for him.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

29, I agree with just about everything, but my oldest son had 5 concussions from Lax and was. D1 full ride player.  He was also a starting QB in some top teams I. FL.  Lax is not that easy. My oldest was a middy.  My younger was as well ,but fared better.  They both played both sports.  I’m just telling you when opponents are cheap and give you a shot in the back of the neck lower than the helmet, it’s not that easy.

I’m happy for Hogan.  It’s certainly not a non contact sport.  I’m sure hogan will figure it out.  Good for him.

It’s not no contact for sure... but it’s not pro football either. Let’s put it this way, I was still able to play in a full contact rec lacrosse league into my early 40s and did so relatively injury free and my conditioning was average. In 4 years of high school, I had an AC joint sprain, and probably 1 mild concussion from a x check to the head. On relative scale it wasn’t too bad. 

There are still big hits and cheap shots too, it’s just not nearly as hard on the body as tackle football though.. 

Congrats on have stud athletic kids, that must have been a lot of fun mgk! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Thx bud.  I was hoping the same.  I guess it depends on a lot of things.  I know Ian, my oldest was on Team FL, and that was reffed well.   One of his travel leagues as you know they end up getting noticed the most there, we had fouls that were ridiculous.  The worst was me at a medical conference, and he was in Tallahassee, and hit full speed by a kid in the back of the neck just below the helmet.  My wife was afraid to call me on it, and the coach who was a great one, threw the towel in on the game as the opposing team was so cheap.

That was one of several but he and his little brother were playing 12 mos. a year, so they saw the good and bad.

I loved them playing ball (football) and they were good at it, but knew as they aged, they both ended 5’9” and 5’10” so lax made sense for them.  Their choices.

Impressive you made it to you’re 40’s.  Rock on brother.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So??? Haha, it’s lacrosse. They need all the publicity they can. 

my man made the NFL after one year at a little college program, made millions, and started for a SB champion. Now he might get a chance to play another pro sport? My man is living his best life. Much respect. 

No, actually the PLL is tremendously successful relative to other leagues’ attempts at professional lacrosse.  Professional lacrosse will never be a “main stream” sport, and that is the reason why the MLL is now merging with the PLL.  The MLL went way too big and failed.  

The PLL is selling out small-medium sized stadiums with their touring model, they have a lucrative TV deal, and they’re making tons of $ off of merchandise.  Bringing in 33 year old Chris Hogan for training camp is making a mockery of the sport, IMO.

Since the MLL is essentially being absorbed by the PLL, there are approximately 200-220 former MML players vying for 24 spots in the entry draft.  If Chris Hogan gets drafted, he will take a spot from many, many players who are younger and far more talented than Chris ever was...even in his prime.

If Chris Hogan gets drafted, it’s not because he belongs...it’s for publicity and will not be good for the game, IMO.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is exactly what the Mets have been doing with Tebow (Robert Jeffress' buddy) and I find it disgraceful.

It’s a very comparable situation.