It’s time for 90’s throwbacks

4_kidd_4

16 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Very, very old person here ... 

I live in the 60s with Jack Kemp etc.

So I shall say HATE THE IDEA

Someone’s gonna “OK boomer” you. Not me, but someone will ;)

Nothing wrong with nostalgia from your youth. But part of my point here is that you’ve seen all the uniforms in real time. I’ve seen all the uniforms in real time, via 60’s throwbacks.

There’s now an entire generation of Bills fans that have never seen the 90’s look take the field in real time.  

It’s good nostalgia, and a marketing & merchandising no-brainer.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn’t mind the idea but the players have to wear the same helmet the full season so I don’t think it’s possible. 

I am fairly sure that teams no longer paint the helmets like they used to, they are molded in that color so I don’t think changing the color is an option. 

Rules don't allow us to wear a red helmet some games and white helmet the others. The white helmets are better so therefore, this is a no from me unfortunately.

I badly want them to allow different colored helmets again though; there are a lot of great throwbacks that teams can't wear anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

I wouldn’t mind the idea but the players have to wear the same helmet the full season so I don’t think it’s possible. 

I am fairly sure that teams no longer paint the helmets like they used to, they are molded in that color so I don’t think changing the color is an option. 

You are correct.  It’s the one helmet rule.

However, the NFL is reconsidering this rule over the off-season.   I bet they will allow alternate helmets so the red helmets could be an option in 2021.

The current helmet is much better but okay with seeing the red lid one game a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

The nostalgia for the past is insufferable at points. Its a new time, new identity, new group etc.. the 90s had their time and its past. When the NFL finally dumps the stupid one shell helmet rule fine do a game or two in red but that is it.