It’s time for 90’s throwbacks

4_kidd_4

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not at the cost of the red standing buffalo on white. That’s too classic and represents multiple championships. 

Yes, I’m old.

I would hope they could do both throwback versions.

The Rams have said that they want to release new kits into their lineup each year for the next 3 years. We’ll have to see what the league comes up with for what they allow.

Personally, I would favor if they did an old-school throwback weekend in the Thanksgiving week games, and maybe a ‘90s throwback weekend somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Irish Dave said:

Apparently your throwback HELMET has to be the same color as your current one.  That's why during the 90s when they did throwbacks of the standing Buffalo it had to be a Red Helmet with a White Standing Buffalo, if you remember?

xpwNbg9CmRW7UV1ZfemH4Duk9OKDsSCiF1byyKgi

Nope there were no rules in 1994, the Bills were just to cheap to do a real throwback uniform.  In fact here's John Elway against the Bills wearing an orange 1966 throwback helmet. Many teams did full throwbacks.

20210213_014236.jpg

Edited by jkx2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You can use alternate helmets but you need to either strip the paint and repaint and repeat that after that going other way or use what they do on cars with a wrap. 

Would not expect a team to do that except at opener or when they have Thursday night game combined with a bye giving team more time.

I bought my wife a new van which but they did not van in have color she wanted so she bought silver one.  Salesman said he can give us a reference who can do a car wrap cheaper than new paint job and it helps protect paint.

Thanks Lime, amd good idea to do the wrap.  I’m sure you know if you repainted you’re wife’s van, it immediately reduces the value by 25% on avg., at least that’s what an old friend who owns a dealership told me.  He wasn’t selling me anything.  

I just don’t see the team putting out that kind of expense and labor for one game.  It doesn’t make sense especially in a tough fiscal year or two.

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not at the cost of the red standing buffalo on white. That’s too classic and represents multiple championships. 

Yes, I’m old.

Part of my point is that this set had had its turn. And I agree they are classic and sharp.

When the team took the field in those throwbacks, you could say to your kids or grandkids, “thats what our team looked like when I was a kid!”

Now it’s time for those of us who were young in the 90’s heyday to be able

to do the same.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks Lime, amd good idea to do the wrap.  I’m sure you know if you repainted you’re wife’s van, it immediately reduces the value by 25% on avg., at least that’s what an old friend who owns a dealership told me.  He wasn’t selling me anything.  

I just don’t see the team putting out that kind of expense and labor for one game.  It doesn’t make sense especially in a tough fiscal year or two.

Actually I did not know and if it reduced insurance because of reduced replacement value I'd probably do it. I drive cars like Urban Meyer - drive to they drop - and then donate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

I’ve always found it odd the amount of people who hate the 90’s era uniforms. Those were our “glory” years. I’m a little biased also because that’s the helmet/jersey I grew up with..

^^^This. I always felt that we had beautiful mojo with our home blues especially. What a clean, strong look that Marino and Elway learned to hate! :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There were rumors that the 1 helmet rule may change next season. I hope that’s true because I want both options as well.

Yeah I hope so too, it would open up options for a bunch of teams/

For one, Bruce Arians definitely wants to wear the creamsicle unis in TB. They are the champs, and also Tom Brady, so I can see this having some sway in the discussion.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/03/25/could-the-bucs-classic-creamsicle-uniforms-make-a-return-bruce-arians-says-yes/

21 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Can’t happen anyway as the NFL has the one shell rule. The only throwback/alternate the Bills could use with the current set would have to have a white helmet.

I wish I could remember where I heard it but I did hear that the NFL was going to allow different colored helmets again. Maybe it was bogus info but I did hear it.

Edited by Beast

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

All those who have given me a thumbs down or X....I hope your hot water runs out quickly in the shower.

I would get rid of the '70s charging bison for the old standing bison tomorrow if we could! 

Or come up with something entirely new, that would work too.

I'm not a fan of the charging bison logo...shouts out dated '70s design.

A bison skull is an interesting avenue to go down, as would be a fun, cartoonish character charging with a football or wearing a helmet or something like that.  The idea to make it deliberately quaint and old fashioned looking, like some old school sports logos.   

The old Patriot snapping the football comes to mind--one of the best logos of all time!  

Bison_Skull_820x.jpg?v=1564526534

Pat-Patriot-symbol.jpg

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The original penguins logo is also great.

The scarf on the penguin is brilliant.   

cc498174a58e4325b982ff1a34945dc3.jpg

Wait. First you complain about a dated looking logo....and then post this, which is actually older than the charging buffalo.

Come on man! 😂 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, jkx2 said:

Nope there were no rules in 1994, the Bills were just to cheap to do a real throwback uniform.  In fact here's John Elway against the Bills wearing an orange 1966 throwback helmet. Many teams did full throwbacks.

20210213_014236.jpg

If you look closely, Elways facial expression looks very similar to that of the Bronco on the side of his helmet.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/12/2021 at 3:14 PM, Irish Dave said:

Apparently your throwback HELMET has to be the same color as your current one.  That's why during the 90s when they did throwbacks of the standing Buffalo it had to be a Red Helmet with a White Standing Buffalo, if you remember?

xpwNbg9CmRW7UV1ZfemH4Duk9OKDsSCiF1byyKgi

Wrong. We started wearing the white throwback standing bison helmets again when jp Losman was the qb. This was still when we were wearing our red helmets as the regular. Hence,

no rule.

The one helmet started in 2013 according to a quick google search.