It’s time for 90’s throwbacks

4_kidd_4

Should have never changed.

Bring the red end zones back as well.

35 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I know I am in the majority but I prefer these uniforms to the current.   I cannot stand the current blue jersey on white pants.  But as long as they never go back to those God awful early 2000's edition, I am good.

Amen man.

I don’t like “Bills” on front or the logo on the back, and the Buffalo on the sides of the pants.

Old Jerseys were brighter, the red helmet popped, and the red end zones looked way better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Rules don't allow us to wear a red helmet some games and white helmet the others. The white helmets are better so therefore, this is a no from me unfortunately.

I badly want them to allow different colored helmets again though; there are a lot of great throwbacks that teams can't wear anymore.

Yup, this is the rule...been discussed here many times.  Yeah, it may be dumb and colleges do it all the time, but this is the current rule.

5 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

Apparently your throwback HELMET has to be the same color as your current one.  That's why during the 90s when they did throwbacks of the standing Buffalo it had to be a Red Helmet with a White Standing Buffalo, if you remember?

xpwNbg9CmRW7UV1ZfemH4Duk9OKDsSCiF1byyKgi

This is incorrect. There was no “one helmet” rule back then. We simply half-assed the whole thing in ‘94.

And I do understand the rule is being revisited for this coming season, hence the possibility of the 90’s look.

4 hours ago, T master said:

The White helmet is already kind of a throw back that is what the Bills wore when Fergy was the QB if i remember correctly .

True for Fergie's first 11 years in BUF.  Bills went to Red helmets in 1984, his last year here to help him spot his WRs more easily.  Didn't work btw

52 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

Apparently your throwback HELMET has to be the same color as your current one.  That's why during the 90s when they did throwbacks of the standing Buffalo it had to be a Red Helmet with a White Standing Buffalo, if you remember?

xpwNbg9CmRW7UV1ZfemH4Duk9OKDsSCiF1byyKgi

Oh dear god, the Detroit game......

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Should have never changed.

Bring the red end zones back as well.

Amen man.

I don’t like “Bills” on front or the logo on the back, and the Buffalo on the sides of the pants.

Old Jerseys were brighter, the red helmet popped, and the red end zones looked way better.

Good man!  I meant to say I am in the minority, so it appears one other person has good taste!    I also loved the red end zones.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, eball said:

Oh, Sweet Jesus, for the love of god, NO.  The Bills' current uniforms are the BEST they've ever had and are classic.  The red helmets were stupid when they were introduced and they'd be awful now.  Stop living in the past, man!

Can’t happen anyway as the NFL has the one shell rule. The only throwback/alternate the Bills could use with the current set would have to have a white helmet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-contemplating-rule-change-for-helmets-that-could-lead-to-return-of-multiple-classic-throwback-uniforms/

“Although the one-helmet rule could be scrapped as soon as 2021, the league hasn't officially made a decision on what its going to do. 

"There will be no change for the 2020 season," the NFL said in a statement, via PFT. "There are ongoing discussions for a potential change for the 2021 season, but no decisions have been made." “

“Speaking of red helmets, the Bills would also have the option to wear their throwback. “

21 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I think we currently have some of the best unis in the NFL. The white helmet is key. 

I absolutely agree w this.

I didn’t mean full time switch, just a novelty game or three. 

See the above CBS article I posted, they referenced us & a bunch of teams that would be able to do throwbacks if the one helmet rule was abandoned. I think it will be- concussions & CTE etc. fell out if the news cycle years ago.

And also, think about how much the NFL loves to take your money. And then think about how much more they could take if teams had multiple jerseys, and a wider variety of licensed merch.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, eball said:

Oh, Sweet Jesus, for the love of god, NO.  The Bills' current uniforms are the BEST they've ever had and are classic.  The red helmets were stupid when they were introduced and they'd be awful now.  Stop living in the past, man!

1000000000000% agree the current all white, white with blue pants and blue with white pants are the nest the damn navy blue is gone back to royal

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I absolutely agree w this.

I didn’t mean full time switch, just a novelty game or three. 

See the above CBS article I posted, they referenced us & a bunch of teams that would be able to do throwbacks if the one helmet rule was abandoned. I think it will be- concussions & CTE etc. fell out if the news cycle years ago.

And also, think about how much the NFL loves to take your money. And then think about how much more they could take if teams had multiple jerseys, and a wider variety of licensed merch.

My favorite throwback is the red standing buffalo. Id be in favor of that