It’s time for 90’s throwbacks

4_kidd_4

I do my best to try to not live in the past, especially with hanging those 90’s teams over the heads of these new and improved Bills.

However it’s been almost 20 years since we ditched the 90’s unis for those awful dark blue, arena league lookin’ duds. I will say we currently have one of the sharpest sets in the league, I thought it was great going back to the true blue & white helmets. 

That said, the time is right for bringing back the 90’s look. There is now an entire generation of fans that this would be a true throwback for.

We also have at least two nationally marketable stars in Allen & Diggs, from a money standpoint those jersey sales alone would justify this move. Not to mention how hot “retro” is with the kids these days, they are paying big money for older gear at the vintage stores. The Bills could cash in on a whole line of official product featuring the red helmets.

If that’s not convincing enough for you, peep this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyO3C_lmjB/?igshid=1r6brk4ecmu4d

Looks amazing.

A6DA601C-E35D-457B-8DEC-3C19360AC2C6.jpeg

**edit- I meant this as a game or two, NOT a full time switch. I absolutely love our current uni’s, but man some of you guys are a little over sensitive about defending them 😂 

Edited by 4_kidd_4
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Vomit 6
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Dislike 4

Looks Good !! I always liked the Red helmets & i really love the red uni's but i don't know that the red helmet would look as good with those .

The White helmet is already kind of a throw back that is what the Bills wore when Fergy was the QB if i remember correctly .

Just as long as they don't bring back those horrid uni's when Losman, & Evans were here i don't know who thought those up but they were awful !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The uniforms are nice but I never liked the red helmet. The white helmet is better IMHO. What we have now is great except for the POS looking all blues and reds.

I agree, the logo pops much better against white. But the reds would be a solid novelty a fee times a year.

• Like (+1) 3

As long as we do the rest of the current units, I’m totally cool with the red helmets for a game or two, but the league I thought doesn’t allow that one.  I could be wrong Hap.

just don’t ever ever bring back the crap after with the stripes.  I hated that league wide, and never want to see that stuff again.

I love the 90s red, royal blue, and white. I love most teams' 90s uniforms, though. Would love to see the bucs go back to white and orange, the eagles go back to heather green and silver, the seahawks go back to silver and royal blue, etc. It's probably because I was a kid in the 90s and that's when my love of football was cemented—I've got the most nostalgia connected to that decade. 

There's been a rule in place for the past several years that requires teams to have only one helmet color, which is why we haven't seen the bucs creamsicles or old white and red patriots uniforms in a while. I believe that rule expired at the end of this season, so it's possible we could see more throwback uniforms next season. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rather have the 90’s throwback than the 60’s.

I’m not a huge fan of the standing bison.

I love the 60’s set, but they’ve had their time.

I’d choose the 90’s look for a few seasons if it was my call.

1 hour ago, T master said:

Just as long as they don't bring back those horrid uni's when Losman, & Evans were here i don't know who thought those up but they were awful !! 

I believe it was Tom Donahoe. Just another terrible part of his “legacy” here.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh, Sweet Jesus, for the love of god, NO.  The Bills' current uniforms are the BEST they've ever had and are classic.  The red helmets were stupid when they were introduced and they'd be awful now.  Stop living in the past, man!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 7

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I agree, the logo pops much better against white. But the reds would be a solid novelty a fee times a year.

I would like the red jersey with the white pants. I think that would be a sharp look just like the blue over white. All reds looks terrible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Oh, Sweet Jesus, for the love of god, NO.  The Bills' current uniforms are the BEST they've ever had and are classic.  The red helmets were stupid when they were introduced and they'd be awful now.  Stop living in the past, man!

I really like the current uniforms too, but I would like to see the 90s uniforms back maybe once a year or even every other year. 

19 minutes ago, eball said:

Some people don't feel as strongly as you. I agree the current uniforms are good. But I am totally fine with having some throwbacks, or even the all reds or all blues sometimes. I like the variety.

I think it is perfectly logical for people to want to see 90's throwbacks and to enjoy a different look once in awhile.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd like to see it for one of our Alternative uniforms. The home crowd would go NUTS.

And I love our new uniforms. But if we are going to go with an Alternative set for a game or two each season, I like this over the All-Reds, and even the 60s throwbacks.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

As long as we do the rest of the current units, I’m totally cool with the red helmets for a game or two, but the league I thought doesn’t allow that one.  I could be wrong Hap.

just don’t ever ever bring back the crap after with the stripes.  I hated that league wide, and never want to see that stuff again.

You can use alternate helmets but you need to either strip the paint and repaint and repeat that after that going other way or use what they do on cars with a wrap. 

Would not expect a team to do that except at opener or when they have Thursday night game combined with a bye giving team more time.

I bought my wife a new van which but they did not van in have color she wanted so she bought silver one.  Salesman said he can give us a reference who can do a car wrap cheaper than new paint job and it helps protect paint.

Honestly, seeing Bills in the red helmets and the Super Bowl era uniforms brings back more negative emotions than positive for me.

The trauma of four consecutive SB losses, some of which were humiliations, has taken its toll over the years.

Leave those old uniforms in the past! 

Make some BETTER memories with something new.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thought I read that we can’t have red throwback helmets because our regular helmets are white.  This true?

either way, I don’t really like the red helmets.  I’d be ok with it if it were only once a year, but I could care less either way