Jump to content

Texans releasing JJ Watt


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, eball said:

It's a freaking joke if Arizona is where JJ Watt thinks his best chance is to get a ring over the next two years.  The Cards have the 20th best odds (+5000) to win next year's SB.

 

These guys always talk about the "the ring" but in the end it's always "the coin."

Yup, surely seems that way! That’s a tough division too. All about the money! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh please sweet baby Jesus, get it done Beane. Get it done right now

You don’t trade JJ Watt if you’re the Texans, you release him so he can go where he wants. It’s the classy move.

I think I figured this out.    1:14 AM Feb 24, 2021   1+1+4+2+4+2+0+2+1=17   Josh Allen! 

Posted Images

JJ got a nice payday from AZ much bigger than the Bills or another team like the Steelers could offer. I can’t blame the guy for taking the money and a situation where the team may not be a clear contender but they should be competitive. In the NFL your window to make money is short and a 15.5 million dollar a year deal at his age and productivity is insane. 
 

Glad the Bills won’t be signing him, would rather trade for or draft a younger DE.

9 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Yup, surely seems that way! That’s a tough division too. All about the money! 


AZ isn’t a slouch team, they should push for 10 wins. But even adding JJ they aren’t a serious contender unless Murray hits bigger than expected. Still can’t blame a guy for taking one last big pay day and getting a shot at making the playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed.  It's actually an interesting example of how random noise is built into something that sounds true and then begins to shape the beliefs of many people.  

 

One of these days there will be a real report from a person with real, solid information, and then we'll know where Watt likely is headed.   Right now, there's nothing.


And surprise surprise... he ends up signing with a team never once mentioned by anyone as one of his “final 3-4 teams”...

 

These guys just make this stuff up and quote “anonymous sources”...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


And surprise surprise... he ends up signing with a team never once mentioned by anyone as one of his “final 3-4 teams”...

 

These guys just make this stuff up and quote “anonymous sources”...

 

 

The sources aren't anonymous to the person quoting them.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

 

You're joking right?

 

Anonymous sourcing/quoting has been a basic tenet of reporting since there has been a free press.


Your missing my point..

 

Im saying these guys are taking educated guesses and presenting it as inside information or anonymous sources 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


Your missing my point..

 

Im saying these guys are taking educated guesses and presenting it as inside information or anonymous sources 

 

How do you know they weren't told that by inside sources who wished to remain anonymous?  You seem to be struggling with the "anonymous" part...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

How do you know they weren't told that by inside sources who wished to remain anonymous?  You seem to be struggling with the "anonymous" part...


How do you know they aren’t making it up?

 

No one got the outcome correct 

Edited by Aussie Joe
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:


How do you know they aren’t making it up?

 

No one got the outcome correct 

 

So what?

 

Why would all of the NFL reporters everywhere have to had "made it up", if in the end, he went with a choice that had not been reported yet?  

 

Watt made his choice when he made it. I'm sure he and his agent were among the anonymous sources putting team names out there to stoke bidding interest.  Pretty standard stuff.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

So what?

 

Why would all of the NFL reporters everywhere have to had "made it up", if in the end, he went with a choice that had not been reported yet?  

 

Watt made his choice when he made it. I'm sure he and his agent were among the anonymous sources putting team names out there to stoke bidding interest.  Pretty standard stuff.  

 
Well... if they aren’t making it up then they need new sources .

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SDS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...