Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

I keep going back and forth. My fan brain says go for it and sign him, but my normal brain says don't. My common sense says they will keep what they have (Addison, AJ, Hughes, Love, Cox, Johnson),draft one early and use the savings to sign our own. I am so confused.  Might have to schedule a DR. For this one... Thank Goodness I have all of you...😱

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This thread is getting all moldy now...

I'm mostly getting tired of waiting. I'll pop in and out of this thread to see if there's any news headlines. 

The JJ sweepstakes is starting to get pretty tired for me, even if I know it's going to be a little while longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This thread is getting all moldy now...

16 minutes ago, delirious said:

I'm mostly getting tired of waiting. I'll pop in and out of this thread to see if there's any news headlines. 

The JJ sweepstakes is starting to get pretty tired for me, even if I know it's going to be a little while longer. 

My fingers after F5 since the news Watt was released...3090kx.jpg

I'm now having to use another unit and let's just say I should have taken it easy upon hearing the news Watt was interested in us:cry:

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

It’s like that thing you find in the back of the fridge a month later and it’s all fuzzy but you can’t just throw it away cause there’s nothing else in there and you’re hungry...

Would you drink a whole curdled milk container if it meant JJ Watt would sign with us? 

48 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

My fingers after F5 since the news Watt was released...3090kx.jpg

I'm now having to use another unit and let's just say I should have taken it easy upon hearing the news Watt was interested in us:cry:

You can always amputate and not miss a beat. 

anEPqeW.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This seems like a pretty big deal if true. I’m surprised it’s not causing a bit more of a ruckus on here.

This report with quotes from the same interview seems to indicate that he thinks Green Bay is actually the front runner. I see nothing in what he said to imply that it's the Bills. Fowler is probably just speculating anyway so I wouldn't put much stock into it.

https://247sports.com/Article/JJ-Watt-Packers-perfect-fit-NFL-free-agency-signing-timeline-Bills-Titans-Texans-Wisconsin-161626432/

Edited by vincec

23 minutes ago, vincec said:

This report with quotes from the same interview seems to indicate that he thinks Green Bay is actually the front runner. I see nothing in what he said to imply that it's the Bills. Fowler is probably just speculating anyway so I wouldn't put much stock into it.

https://247sports.com/Article/JJ-Watt-Packers-perfect-fit-NFL-free-agency-signing-timeline-Bills-Titans-Texans-Wisconsin-161626432/

Green Bay has no cap room at all. No way JJ takes the vet min, yeah he wants to win but he also wants some money as well. Plus there’s too many egos in Green Bay starting with the HC butting heads with Rodgers etc

53 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This seems like a pretty big deal if true. I’m surprised it’s not causing a bit more of a ruckus on here.

It’s the same comments that have been already been recycled a lot..

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Watt doesn’t pick Green Bay, it won’t have anything to do with the salary cap.  They could easily make it work if they want it to.  

I don’t see how. First off Rodgers would have to take a massive restructuring to his contract, plus Green Bay has always been known to be cheap when it comes to Free Agency, they don’t like to spend money.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how. First off Rodgers would have to take a massive restructuring to his contract, plus Green Bay has always been known to be cheap when it comes to Free Agency, they don’t like to spend money.

sure there is. Give Watt a 3 year deal, small base salary. Upfront signing bonus in year 1 . Bam low salary cap number , big signing bonus, easily cuttable year 2 and 3. Minimal impact on this years salary cap

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

$8m over the cap isn’t much.  Could easily convert Rodgers salary and roster bonus to a signing bonus.  He’s probably due a new contract coming off an MVP year anyway.  Maybe that’s what Watt’s waiting on.  Can’t see Watt going to Green Bay unless Rodgers is a happy camper.