Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

18 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Per a source: At this point the front-runners appear to be actually the Browns and the Packers. So if a decision is made in the next   2-3 days, it will likely be between these 2. Sry can’t say more - though there can still be a last minute twist.

What source 🤔 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

It would be great if by the time Watt is ready to make a decision, everyone just passed. It’s been 3 weeks JJ, we’ve moved on without you....

Well, yes. JJ needs to understand he can wait as long as he wants to put his lightbulbs in his sockets, but he then should not be surprised if he gets zapped by a few of those. Similarly, Brandon should not put all his Beanes in one basket, as they may all jump out at the last moment, and he'd have a very sad Easter.

You guys do understand that the teams involved and Watt all have a better understanding of the situation than fans on a discussion board do, don’t you? I worry that some of you think that Watt and his guys aren’t talking to teams, or that Buffalo isn’t having meetings and discussions about guys other than Watt. In the grand scheme of things Watt taking a little bit longer than some people would like is not really that big of a deal. He’s not holding the team hostage, they are making plans with or without him. I can guarantee you no one is getting their feelings hurt because he is taking his time

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You guys do understand that the teams involved and Watt all have a better understanding of the situation than fans on a discussion board do, don’t you? I worry that some of you think that Watt and his guys aren’t talking to teams, or that Buffalo isn’t having meetings and discussions about guys other than Watt. In the grand scheme of things Watt taking a little bit longer than some people would like is not really that big of a deal. He’s not holding the team hostage, they are making plans with or without him. I can guarantee you no one is getting their feelings hurt because he is taking his time

I really hope that you’re not that worried about us. We’re fans on a message board. This is much bigger than any of us. It seems like the only person with hurt feelings is you...

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Per a source: At this point the front-runners appear to be actually the Browns and the Packers. So if a decision is made in the next   2-3 days, it will likely be between these 2. Sry can’t say more - though there can still be a last minute twist.

Well, that’s convenient.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Who the hell is points bet? Laughable 😂

Article is from February 12 😂😂😂

That’s the same day he was released 😂😂

No - these are the new odds updated yesterday. 
Points Bet is online betting platform and partially owned by NBC. It is legit. 
Obviously betting odds aren’t always right. But usually do have a pulse on what is going on. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

No - these are the new odds updated yesterday. 
Points Bet is online betting platform and partially owned by NBC. It is legit. 
Obviously betting odds aren’t always right. But usually do have a pulse on what is going on. 

There are people on here who understand betting odds, including a chap who makes his living in that industry

I am not one of them

But I thought that betting odds simply reflect trying to balance things out so the sites break even?   So it's sort of an "all of us must be smarter than one of us? thing? 

I feel certain someone will set me straight if I'm wrong

So this article says Watt has narrowed things down.  Jeremy Fowler reports Bills are front runner.    Personally I think if you're going to pay $15 mil like reported there are better/younger options like a Y Ngakoue who are projected to get similar amount of money or cheaper amounts for players one peg down in talent like a L Williams. 

The only risk with guys like that are, how many of actually will become FA on March 17th or will be re-signed prior by existing team.  Could end up with an empty bag by waiting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jj-watt-has-reportedly-narrowed-his-list-of-teams/ar-BB1e5IR6?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So this article says Watt has narrowed things down.  Jeremy Fowler reports Bills are front runner.    Personally I think if you're going to pay $15 mil like reported there are better/younger options like a Y Ngakoue who are projected to get similar amount of money or cheaper amounts for players one peg down in talent like a L Williams. 

The only risk with guys like that are, how many of actually will become FA on March 17th or will be re-signed prior by existing team.  Could end up with an empty bag by waiting.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jj-watt-has-reportedly-narrowed-his-list-of-teams/ar-BB1e5IR6?li=BBnb7Kz

think they fudged the article with saying the Bills are a front runner. Fowler never reported that 

• Like (+1) 1

1.  I’m fine signing Watt, even with the injury and age risks.  

2.  BUT...that being said...Watt is far from our most pressing need though on defense.  We were 6th in QB pressures last year and second fastest only to Pitt at getting to the QB.  

3.  Beef on the interior DL is substantially more important right now.  I would rather spend the kind of money Watt is expected to get on some big beef in the middle of the DL.

Not a slight on Watt, I’d be excited if he was a Bill.  But I’m substantially more concerned about how we were frequently dominated in the trenches, especially right up the middle. 

• Vomit 1

Just go get Leonard Williams, much cheaper and he’s still young. Paying 15-16 million for an aging veteran who at this point would be a rotational player is completely asinine. I saw him a few times last year and he definitely lost a couple steps. But then again it’s not our money and I trust in Beane

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Just go get Leonard Williams, much cheaper and he’s still young. Paying 15-16 million for an aging veteran who at this point would be a rotational player is completely asinine. I saw him a few times last year and he definitely lost a couple steps. But then again it’s not our money and I trust in Beane

I've seen Leonard Williams associated with long term $20M per year quotes.  

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

The issue I have is with the media recycling the same.. "Watt has now narrowed his search to four teams" story four times... 

Couldnt they come up with a new angle ?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've seen Leonard Williams associated with long term $20M per year quotes.  

He’s not getting that lol. He’s got high hopes if he thinks he’s getting 20 million.  But Leonard is younger and his injury history isn’t as bad as Watt’s is. But again we’re gonna have to see what happens