Jump to content

Texans releasing JJ Watt


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. this is what i'm talking about..... my grandpa likes ketchup on his pancakes. i dont rip him for it because its douchey to tell somebody what they should like or not like to eat.

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh please sweet baby Jesus, get it done Beane. Get it done right now

You don’t trade JJ Watt if you’re the Texans, you release him so he can go where he wants. It’s the classy move.

I think I figured this out.    1:14 AM Feb 24, 2021   1+1+4+2+4+2+0+2+1=17   Josh Allen! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?

They're both right. 

 

Leave me alone, AND eff your terrible taste. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?



If you put coke in a single malt whiskey then why are you spending all that money on a bottle of whiskey? Get a bottle of Evan Williams or even a bottle of Jack. It’s like people who get their steak well done and then drown it in A-1 sauce...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?

good on him.... i cant stand people telling me how i should like my steak, my beers/drinks, my condiments, or any other food for that matter. What one person might think is ruining a dish might be what the other feels puts it over the top. i've never understood the judgeyness behind what foods people do or dont like.

 

 

Just now, Brennan Huff said:



If you put coke in a single malt whiskey then why are you spending all that money on a bottle of whiskey? Get a bottle of Evan Williams or even a bottle of Jack. It’s like people who get their steak well done and then drown it in A-1 sauce...

or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

 

or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.


It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i've had wings in a bunch of cities and never had one that ranch wouldnt make better.... just my preference though. same goes for pizza 

i've asked for ranch in buffalo. i give no s**t about this blue cheese phenomena around there. i get that a lot of people joke about i(i do too) but i also think its ridiculous. i only live 90 miles from buffalo FWIW.

 

You might as well be in Ohio...you would fit right in there

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, came in to check to see if there were any updates on this and it's just a lot of food and whisky discussion. So I take that as a big ol no lol

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?

 

I don't even add rocks to my liquor.  I drink it straight...I want to enjoy it for all it's worth.

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

.or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

 

If you're going to do it right....Pepsi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, came in to check to see if there were any updates on this and it's just a lot of food and whisky discussion. So I take that as a big ol no lol

 

The update is JJ Watt is stalling, still holding out for the entire 17.5m

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:


It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

fair. a strong passion for something could definitely mold certain opinions. i also agree he probably doesnt eat it well done and neither do i.... i just dont care if somebody else does.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:


It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

People's palates are different.  That the chef knows better is not a good business plan.  I tend to avoid restaurants where they pair all the food and eliminate the choice for me.  Maybe I don't want squash but it has been determined that it is better that way so eat your squash.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

good on him.... i cant stand people telling me how i should like my steak, my beers/drinks, my condiments, or any other food for that matter. What one person might think is ruining a dish might be what the other feels puts it over the top. i've never understood the judgeyness behind what foods people do or dont like.

 

 

or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

You are free to eat and drink as you please. And I am free to judge the heck out of how you eat and drink, if I am made aware of it. You don't need to care what I think. But if you tell me you use ranch, or overpower expensive whiskey with carbonated corn syrup, then I'm going to comment. That's just how it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:


It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

I have it on good authority that he doesn’t even like it cooked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t even try ranch until I moved south. Now bleu cheese tastes like ranch with feta in it to me. But this is only an issue with mild or less spicy wings. Once the heat of the sauces goes past Tabasco levels, i’ll take either and be fine with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I didn’t even try ranch until I moved south. Now bleu cheese tastes like ranch with feta in it to me. But this is only an issue with mild or less spicy wings. Once the heat of the sauces goes past Tabasco levels, i’ll take either and be fine with it. 

 

Dude.  Blue cheese dressing that tastes like Ranch + Feta is BAD Blue Cheese dressing.

17 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I have it on good authority that he doesn’t even like it cooked.

 

Watt just has them walk the cow in front of a lightbulb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SDS locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...