7 minutes ago, Estro said:

Cut Vernon Butler ($6.8M saved)

Cut Quinton Jefferson ($6.5M saved)

Cut Lee Smith (2.25M saved)

Cut John Brown ($8M saved)

Pay Cut Mario Addison (save $2M)

Pay Cut Matakevich (save $1.25M)

Extend Diggs 2 yrs. (save $7M in '21)

Convert Morse salary to bonus (save $3M)

Total savings of nearly $30M

With that savings:

1. Franchise Milano for $15M and look to trade him for a 3rd and 5th. I'd love to keep him, I'd hate to lose him for nothing, I think given the reduction in cap this might be the smartest compromise.

2. Re-sign Feliciano ($3M cap hit)

3. Re-sign D Williams ($7M cap hit)

4. Sign J.J Watt ($9.5M cap hit)

5. Sign Curtis Samuel ($6.5M cap hit)

I have no words. Nobody is dumb enough to trade a 3 and 5 for milano and THEN pay him an extension. Or rent him for one year at 15 million 😂😂 

I won’t even get into the low ball salaries you’re offering 

• Agree 2

It will be interesting to see if he truly wants to play for a contender and is willing to sign a short-term deal, or if he just wanted out of a rebuild and is looking to maximize his cash in a better environment. His age and injury history are certainly a concern and this isn't a man who played on a rotation -- he's on the field 90%++ of the time when healthy and that certainly has taken its toll on his body. A short-term deal definitely makes sense for the Bills as improving the pass rush is the top priority for this team and he will bring that in spades playing in a 4-3 (and yes, he can play in a 4-3). He would be the only person in our front 7 that opposing coordinators have to legitimately gameplan around. 

8 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

No what the Saints did was kick the cam down the road too many times. This is the year they feel it. Salary cap definitely isn’t a myth......there are ways to get around it for a year or 2, but eventually it catches up to you. 

If the cap was going up at its normal rate New Orelans wouldn't actually be in that bad of a shape. But teams who were planning on 2021 to be a heavy accounting year are in additional trouble because of the likely cap reduction.

5 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Well, Andre Reed just sent him a note. 

9CCE62F8-0C93-47CC-BC62-E45B41ACB24E.jpeg

I could really see a push by the players and former players.  I love Andre.  It wouldn’t be a stretch to see Allen make a push, but privately.  Who better as a Bills ambassador than Kelly to reach out, and have these guys go beyond the game and what his pass rushing abilities could do on the field, and speak to how he and others stayed in Buffalo because of the people.

Bills mafia is the most well known and best fan base in all of the four professional sports.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Would you be able to sign him right now or would you have to wait until March when the FA period begins?

Right now since he was released.  Start the Pegula jet watch.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

He's on ghe other side of 30 now, but his 2 major injuries were muscle tears. He's never had a serious knee, ankle, hip or foot injury as far as I know and has kept himself in top shape all along. I say he's got 3 good years left. Offer him say $30 million for 3 years. Put the bigger cap hits at the back end when the cap is likely to go back up.

Schopp says he wants to see Curtis Samuel replace John Brown whom many expect to be gone. I'd also like that move.

I can see us going CB, OL, OL in the top 3 rounds if JJ Watt is a Bill and I think signing for 3 years instead of 2 might sound pretty good to him. I really think he's got 3 very good years left given his injury history and exceptional work ethic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Here's a question. 

Von Miller or Watt? Miller is likely to be released. Personally I think Von Miller playing the Alexander role is very attractive. Maybe Bean can get both though. I would sign Miller over Watt because of injury risk with Watt. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2WEGFk_NBsenAb7LMyXe

Porque no los dos?

21 hours ago, Process said:

Wowza

I mentioned trading for him last season and plenty of people shot that idea down saying we were good at DE.  The fact is if Beane wants to beat KC and get to the Super Bowl he will need to retool that defense including cutting Butler/Jefferson & Addsison and letting Milano walk if he really believe he deserves more than 7-8 a season.  That dude is an average LB when you compare him with star LB'S in this league,  paying him more is not going to make him better.  

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yep Watt would be an amazing addition to the team. Offenses doubled Oliver many times this year. They can't double Oliver and Watt without extra protection. With Star coming back the whole defensive line could make a resurgence in 2021.

Hughes still good too. Add JJ and Star, the front 4 is pretty impressive. FWIW, Reggie White was around the same age when he went to GB. I know injuries are an issue with JJ,but we can keep him fresh with a rotation at edge and reduce the wear and tear a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Both Watt and Miller are injury prone, Watt moreso. No thanks on either of them.

So we should sign them both given your track record.

Watt 19th in pass rush win rate.

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I gave Brandon Beane all night to take care of this..

you better get involved now, i'm expecting this done by tonight!

• Haha (+1) 2

We’re hearing lots of reports, but Ed Werner was just recirculated by WGR as the current four front runners are Pitt., Cleveland, Buff., and TN.

Should be interesting as we know they can pull it off if they really wanted and the price was right.  All four of these teams are contenders, and what was interesting is one of them was NOT GB.

Watt watch is on.

38 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Hughes still good too. Add JJ and Star, the front 4 is pretty impressive. FWIW, Reggie White was around the same age when he went to GB. I know injuries are an issue with JJ,but we can keep him fresh with a rotation at edge and reduce the wear and tear a bit.

Not to mention, we have developed a reputation of helping injury prone players get their bodies right. We have the best training facility in the league for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1