Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

So in the end it really wasn't about being on a true SB contender then...it was about the money.

Glad the Bills didn't blow the bank for this guy.  There are other FAs out there.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, eball said:

So in the end it really wasn't about being on a true SB contender then...it was about the money.

Glad the Bills didn't blow the bank for this guy.  There are other FAs out there.

A little too rich for my blood....

• Like (+1) 1

It's a freaking joke if Arizona is where JJ Watt thinks his best chance is to get a ring over the next two years.  The Cards have the 20th best odds (+5000) to win next year's SB.

These guys always talk about the "the ring" but in the end it's always "the coin."

Not even a playoff team. I guess it was all about the $ afterall. At least he didn't just join KC or TB like all of the other ring chasers. I would have taken less $ to play for the local team in GB. Oh well, enjoy watching January football on the couch again 👍

1 minute ago, eball said:

It's a freaking joke if Arizona is where JJ Watt thinks his best chance is to get a ring over the next two years.  The Cards have the 20th best odds (+5000) to win next year's SB.

These guys always talk about the "the ring" but in the end it's always "the coin."

Yup, surely seems that way! That’s a tough division too. All about the money! 

JJ got a nice payday from AZ much bigger than the Bills or another team like the Steelers could offer. I can’t blame the guy for taking the money and a situation where the team may not be a clear contender but they should be competitive. In the NFL your window to make money is short and a 15.5 million dollar a year deal at his age and productivity is insane. 

Glad the Bills won’t be signing him, would rather trade for or draft a younger DE.

9 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Yup, surely seems that way! That’s a tough division too. All about the money! 

AZ isn’t a slouch team, they should push for 10 wins. But even adding JJ they aren’t a serious contender unless Murray hits bigger than expected. Still can’t blame a guy for taking one last big pay day and getting a shot at making the playoffs

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed.  It's actually an interesting example of how random noise is built into something that sounds true and then begins to shape the beliefs of many people.  

One of these days there will be a real report from a person with real, solid information, and then we'll know where Watt likely is headed.   Right now, there's nothing.

And surprise surprise... he ends up signing with a team never once mentioned by anyone as one of his “final 3-4 teams”...

These guys just make this stuff up and quote “anonymous sources”...

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

And surprise surprise... he ends up signing with a team never once mentioned by anyone as one of his “final 3-4 teams”...

These guys just make this stuff up and quote “anonymous sources”...

The sources aren't anonymous to the person quoting them.....

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

You're joking right?

Anonymous sourcing/quoting has been a basic tenet of reporting since there has been a free press.

Your missing my point..

Im saying these guys are taking educated guesses and presenting it as inside information or anonymous sources 

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Your missing my point..

Im saying these guys are taking educated guesses and presenting it as inside information or anonymous sources 

How do you know they weren't told that by inside sources who wished to remain anonymous?  You seem to be struggling with the "anonymous" part...