Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

17 minutes ago, The Red King said:

That's easy.  He's lifting weights in a red room.  Bills fans have had to 'wait' for a Super Bowl appearence since the days of the 'red' helmets!  It's all there, plain as day! 😁

Well, if you expand the picture, it's really more a red, blue and white bannered room on the walls/windows, so Buffalo colors. When he said it's not perfect yet, he meant they needed to change the darker blue to royal blue. And when he tweeted,  "That’s why we work. If there was no progress to be made, there’d be no point in working" that seems like a typical McDermott quote, whom JJ Watt likely studied.. Add that to his nearly fainting, clearly Watt was also saying he was looking forward to the more perfect training facility where he could yes, have hyperbaric chambers, like a recent post said. 

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but one of the guys on GMFB this morning said Watt had already received offers in the $15-16 mill per season range. Have to believe there's no way the Bills can afford that or would pay that.

5 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but one of the guys on GMFB this morning said Watt had already received offers in the $15-16 mill per season range. Have to believe there's no way the Bills can afford that or would pay that.

Makes for a good narrative when he signs with Bills for less than that.  Makes Beane’s job easier when Watt takes less money to go for a championship.  

Just now, Rubes said:

Good rule of thumb with this Watt stuff is if *anyone* says *anything* about him - it's probably been posted in here immediately 😝

But to the crux of the report, I'll say this: if JJ Watt really was getting 15-16 million offers from a contending team he's interested in signing with - he'd have signed already.

I don't doubt there are teams who aren't in contention yet have a lot of cap space that are throwing out crazy numbers trying to get him to sign with them instead. And I don't doubt he'd like the teams he's really interested in to match those crazy offers. And that's why that report exists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

John Clayton said Watt narrowed his choice to 3 teams- the Bills, Titans, and Pack.

I like our chances.

JJ has been NFL man of year and is looking for good locker room.  We have the best locker room.  The bills players love each other.  And we love them 

Bill Z. asks: How much is too much for J.J. Watt?

Jay: As mentioned above, if Watt does have offers north of $15 million per season, I’m out if I’m running the Bills. There is a legitimate question to be asked about how much he has left at 32 (next month) and with a lengthy injury history. Watt finished with just five sacks last season in playing all 16 games, so it’s fair to wonder if he’s lost a step. As with all pass rushers, though, raw sacks alone can’t be the only evaluation tool. According to ESPN Stats and Information, Watt ranked 15th out of 119 qualified pass rushers in pass-rush win rate in 2020. The three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year has 101 career sacks. He knows how to get to the quarterback, which the Bills have put a priority on this offseason when it comes to a four-man pass rush. For that reason, Watt is a good fit … but it goes both ways. The Bills are an attractive option for any free agent. They have a Super Bowl-caliber roster. Yes, it’s a small market, but for the right type of player, that’s a selling point, not a deterrent. Watt should want to come to the Bills just as much as they want him. For that reason, Beane shouldn’t break the bank. The Bills’ general manager needs to preserve as much cap space as possible.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-mailbag-what-are-the-chances-of-landing-j-j-watt/article_a840c308-787c-11eb-b438-ff9d5e5b33b1.html

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok where are today’s clues

I'm gonna say that the spot that he is lifting weights on is red and the little play button I'm seeing to play the video is blue with a white play button. 

Red, white and blue. Definitely Buffalo 

24 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

How in the ***** has this thread gone 83 pages for a beat up DE??

He’s a player in a position of need, and he’s the only guy that can be signed right now. Not to mention our team appears to be one of the teams still in contention to get him. 

Of course we’re going to talk about it. Whether you agree with the signing or not, it’s extremely relevant to the team and you’re in a football message board in the offseason. 

What would you prefer we talk about? We’re open to suggestions. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My guess is he signs somewhere around March 8, maybe the 10th.  This will maximize the time for publicity before general FA starts.  He views himself as the center of the universe and that date range is the peak for someone with the need for self promotion.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1