Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Attison just got 10 million last year, 15.5 for a future HOF isn’t unreasonable 

2 year, 31 million 

or 

3 year, 46 million

Name is Addison and this year the salary cap went DOWN by 30 million. Players are not going to be making market value signings.

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

riddle me this.. IF he is so good how come a team does not have him locked?

Is it 

A. Cause he is asking for to much?

B. He just aint that good no more?

C. Injury History?

I say All of the above. The thing is he is not in a hurry, he has time.

His age and him Injured to much is not going to get him far fast. He wants the money, Live cheap and retire on his last contract. Just like every other star vet his age. I cant blame him for any of this but is he going to give this team 1000%?

A question worth discussion

Maybe it's more of a Watt thing? He wants to take his time? Multiple reports have said that a dozen teams are interested 

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

riddle me this.. IF he is so good how come a team does not have him locked?

Is it 

A. Cause he is asking for to much?

B. He just aint that good no more?

C. Injury History?

I say All of the above. The thing is he is not in a hurry, he has time.

His age and him Injured to much is not going to get him far fast. He wants the money, Live cheap and retire on his last contract. Just like every other star vet his age. I cant blame him for any of this but is he going to give this team 1000%?

A question worth discussion

why should he be in a rush to sign anywhere when there are supposedly multiple contending teams interested in him?

Keep playing one team off against the other and bumping up the price... Although I think he probably should get the deal done within the next week or he might risk some of the teams moving onto other targets...

In relation to your second question.. he will give his all but his new team isnt getting the player he was 5 years ago ( obviously..).. Personally, Ive cooled on him during the past couple of weeks and think the Bills should move in a different ( ie younger and healthier) direction...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

We were one win from the Super Bowl.... JJ Watt would've put the necessary pressure on Mahomes to make him look like SB Mahomes. Also would've made Brady pay on route to our Lombardi

We were one win from the Super Bowl.... JJ Watt would've put the necessary pressure on Mahomes to make him look like SB Mahomes. Also would've made Brady pay on route to our Lombardi

Yeah I’m not too concerned about the regular season, I’m pretty sure this team is making the playoffs with or without him. Definitely need more impact players in the big games though. If Beane is sure he will step up big time in the post-season, go get him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Attison just got 10 million last year, 15.5 for a future HOF isn’t unreasonable 

2 year, 31 million 

or 

3 year, 46 million

It is when someone like watt can’t stay healthy and hasn’t played a full season in 3 years

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2021/2/25/22301170/j-j-watt-reportedly-has-an-offer-for-15-million-per-season-per-report I wonder if this was us. I’d think it would be stupid to pay him this kind of money especially when he hasn’t been able to stay healthy for 3-4 years

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It is when someone like watt can’t stay healthy and hasn’t played a full season in 3 years

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2021/2/25/22301170/j-j-watt-reportedly-has-an-offer-for-15-million-per-season-per-report I wonder if this was us. I’d think it would be stupid to pay him this kind of money especially when he hasn’t been able to stay healthy for 3-4 years

15 mil is too much but we need pass rush. He won't be playing like 90%of the snaps like Houston so he will be able to stay healthy.

Of the teams reportedly interested, only Cleveland has that kind of cash. He will get to play his brothers twice a year. I don't consider them a legit Super Bowl contender but others might.

Beane has not been one to get into bidding wars. I think Bills should focus on cheaper option like 1 year prove it deal for Clowney

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Of the teams reportedly interested, only Cleveland has that kind of cash. He will get to play his brothers twice a year. I don't consider them a legit Super Bowl contender but others might.

Beane has not been one to get into bidding wars. I think Bills should focus on cheaper option like 1 year prove it deal for Clowney

You can structure a contract to pay $15 million cash in year 1 but have a cap hit much much lower. 

If you’re going to post about not wanting Watt because he’s been hurt... that’s totally cool. Perfectly valid POV. 

But holy moly... at least do a little research and get things right. I’ve seen 6-7 different people today alone say he hasn’t played a full season in 3 years. 

He legitimately played a full season last year and 2/3 seasons dating back to 2018. Missed 8 games in 2019 but came back from the injury to play 2 playoff games. 

The misinformation is unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

If you’re going to post about not wanting Watt because he’s been hurt... that’s totally cool. Perfectly valid POV. 

But holy moly... at least do a little research and get things right. I’ve seen 6-7 different people today alone say he hasn’t played a full season in 3 years. 

He legitimately played a full season last year and 2/3 seasons dating back to 2018. Missed 8 games in 2019 but came back from the injury to play 2 playoff games. 

The misinformation is unbelievable. 

Facts really hurt several

posters arguments on here though...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1