Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If he has a dozen teams after him, then he's gonna get overpaid.

I think Beane and Co. should get busy sussing out other FA pass rushing and DL talent.

I think we are out 

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think we are out 

Not necessarily.  Keep in mind that an average of 15-16M/yr can be set up in several ways.

But, at that price, I think we'd be starving ourselves of some other pieces we need to assure success, and would be better off looking for a more "sleeper" contributor to improve our DL and pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DJB said:

I think we are out 

If guys like Trent Murphy and Mario Addison can be paid at 8 million per, even an 80% JJ Watt has to be worth 15 million per, don't you think??

I'm not saying the Bills should pay him that much, but if its money he cares most about, he will get that much from someone.

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

riddle me this.. IF he is so good how come a team does not have him locked?

Is it 

A. Cause he is asking for to much?

B. He just aint that good no more?

C. Injury History?

I say All of the above. The thing is he is not in a hurry, he has time.

His age and him Injured to much is not going to get him far fast. He wants the money, Live cheap and retire on his last contract. Just like every other star vet his age. I cant blame him for any of this but is he going to give this team 1000%?

A question worth discussion

From Watt's perspective, what's the rush?  If he has a dozen or so teams after him, he can take his time and pick and choose the best offer/situation.

Simply not worth that much money, 14-15 million for an aged player who has been often injured the last three years. 

If the guy is really that interested in that kind of money I tend to think he is looking for a last big payday before he retires. 

No thank you, next!  

JJ's recent tweet saying:

"Midday naps, loathed as a child, revered in adulthood"

Another big clue pointing in Buffalo's direction.

Buffalo/Bison not only rest during the day as they feed at early morning and dusk or nights, but they may have been hated/loathed by the __________ of the past because it allowed the ___________ to survive, yet they were highly revered by the __________ then for their for food, clothing, shelter and symbolic power, and revered now too by those _____________ and the____________who are unhappy with their endangered/minimal numbers now in existence.  (I created blanks as I am  not trying to be political here. JJ if you want to confirm, just fill in the blanks and tweet me. I promise not to tell anyone. Thanks.)

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s played 16 games in 2 of the last 3 years. 

I stand corrected. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Diana Russini report is all I'm going off of. 

If it's true, and there are offers for 15 or 16 million per year, I can't imagine him taking much less. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

If it's true, and there are offers for 15 or 16 million per year, I can't imagine him taking much less. 

I think Russini is connected and legit in what she reports

The devil is always in the details - how much is guaranteed, how much is tied up in incentives, etc.

But, I don't see how we can get into that ballpark of offer without stripping ourselves at other key positions critical for success, such as OL and LB.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The devil is always in the details - how much is guaranteed, how much is tied up in incentives, etc.

But, I don't see how we can get into that ballpark of offer without stripping ourselves at other key positions critical for success, such as OL and LB.

We were one win from the Super Bowl.... JJ Watt would've put the necessary pressure on Mahomes to make him look like SB Mahomes. Also would've made Brady pay on route to our Lombardi

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We were one win from the Super Bowl.... JJ Watt would've put the necessary pressure on Mahomes to make him look like SB Mahomes. Also would've made Brady pay on route to our Lombardi

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

I stand corrected. Thanks.

What if the Jets were the team that offered him 15-16M a year?  Or another non SB contender.  If Tenn, GB and Buff are all in the 11-12M range, my money is that he’d sign with the contender for less.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed. I’d rather see them put the money toward re-signing Daryl Williams.

Protecting Allen is my top priority, and I’d hate to see them let a very good 29 year old right tackle walk away just to have to turn around and use a premium draft asset to replace him.

• Agree 1