Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I never realized that a person’s avatar pic could reveal so much about a person, especially one as innocuous as a bison. What does your avatar reveal about you? I’m just not sure what to make if it. It’s a bit creepy. 

That he's a fan of the Mighty Ducks movies?

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I dont know how much of an impact Watt will make any whatever team he goes to, nor do I know who he will sign with, but it is nice to be in the running instead of what it was like watching from the sidelines for over a decade.

I think he has at least 1 good-to-great year left in him. And I also think he will be highly motivated to prove that at least this year as well. Assuming we're looking at a 2-3 year contract, I think it could be worth it for a star player 1 year, and a solid contributor for 2 more. Hell, we paid Murphy $10M to stand around in street clothes for most of the year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think he has at least 1 good-to-great year left in him. And I also think he will be highly motivated to prove that at least this year as well. Assuming we're looking at a 2-3 year contract, I think it could be worth it for a star player 1 year, and a solid contributor for 2 more. Hell, we paid Murphy $10M to stand around in street clothes for most of the year.

I agree with that. I'm all for Watt signing with the Bills. Even if he, like you mentioned, has a Murphy type season, a player with that type of name caliber only helps in the marketing of the franchise. Not that a 13-3 team and what seems to be a franchise QB should need, but it still helps to remove the old stigmas surround the Bills.

Also, he doesn't even have to be dominant all season. If he just has some clutch, "last ride" type moments that would be huge.

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And I wanted to toss Murphy last year and give the $10 million to Austin Hooper...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

And I wanted to toss Murphy last year and give the $10 million to Austin Hooper...

Beane allowing Murphy to stay on the roster and have the guarantee kick in was arguably his biggest mistake of 2020. Should have cut him and tried to re-sign him cheaper and not guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1

At 32 Watt still has solid years left.  Historicly, pass rushers age well.  Bruce had 5 double digit sack years 32 and older.  Strahan had 18.5 sack at 32.  Reggie White was still a beast til his final season.  Watt isnt just a bend and around the corner rusher.  He has technique and power.  I think he will warrant the money.  If Buffalo wants to win it all this is the type of move to make.  Do it before the league year starts he wont count against the supplemental pick equation.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

How am I supposed to be able to tell around here? 

For every comment meant in jest there are two or three that are completely serious. 

It’s not like we have a previous rapport I can go off of, plus your avatar doesn’t give off jokester vibes to me. It has a bit of a curmudgeonly crankster feel to it. 

All good and yes its very difficult through a message board to convey emotion so I understand. 

I'm not an old grump lol but will say most of my posts are joking type comments. 

Apologies if I offended you or anyone. Its never my intention.  :)

35 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I agree with that. I'm all for Watt signing with the Bills. Even if he, like you mentioned, has a Murphy type season, a player with that type of name caliber only helps in the marketing of the franchise. Not that a 13-3 team and what seems to be a franchise QB should need, but it still helps to remove the old stigmas surround the Bills.

Also, he doesn't even have to be dominant all season. If he just has some clutch, "last ride" type moments that would be huge.

This upcoming season will be one of the easiest for the marketing department in a long time. Besides coming off a 13-3 season, going to the AFC championship game, and having a franchise QB, the fanbase hasn't been in that stadium since Dec 2019 except for the lucky ones who went to the playoff games. If things are normal I would bet the Bills get around 60,000 season ticket holders for the 2021 season. Fans miss going to the games and tailgating.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DJB said:

All good and yes its very difficult through a message board to convey emotion so I understand. 

I'm not an old grump lol but will say most of my posts are joking type comments. 

Apologies if I offended you or anyone. Its never my intention.  :)

No apologies needed. The Superman gif cut pretty deep, but I think I just might make it through this ordeal with a mild sedative. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I never realized that a person’s avatar pic could reveal so much about a person, especially one as innocuous as a bison. What does your avatar reveal about you? I’m just not sure what to make if it. It’s a bit creepy. 

I think you’re taking this exchange a little too seriously. If my carrot top reference didn’t make it clear, I’m obviously joking around. 

I will say your avatar gives off strong hints of being a HUGE Colin Kaepernick fan. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This upcoming season will be one of the easiest for the marketing department in a long time. Besides coming off a 13-3 season, going to the AFC championship game, and having a franchise QB, the fanbase hasn't been in that stadium since Dec 2019 except for the lucky ones who went to the playoff games. If things are normal I would bet the Bills get around 60,000 season ticket holders for the 2021 season. Fans miss going to the games and tailgating.

For sure!!

I was thinking from the standpoint of other players in the NFL giving a Buffalo harder look (my post didnt clarify that :), but you are right on!

6 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

For every comment meant in jest there are two or three that are completely serious. 

It’s not like we have a previous rapport I can go off of, plus your avatar doesn’t give off jokester vibes to me. It has a bit of a curmudgeonly crankster feel to it. 

Dude....:)

You gonna hang here you gotta take a little bit a razzin

I have been here longer then most and I still get *****

15 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I've found life more serene by making one change in my life.  If I'm not sure if something is serious or said in jest I simply assume jest.  If it was a joke, well, I got it right.  And if it wasn't, and someone was being mean, well, I found treating it like they were joking tends to ruffle their feathers.  Win-win. 😁