Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Take it fwiw - on the locked on bills podcast today he had a guest podcaster named Joe Miller. Miller does the Overreaction podcast with John fina. Miller prefaced this by saying he “doesn’t have great sources” but someone who he called “close to the organization” sent him a DM sometime last week and it said 80% chance Watt was signing with the Bills. Again, just a fwiw nugget. 

Sounds like the Browns story from last week. But we have chicken wings. 

2 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Sounds like the Browns story from last week. But we have chicken wings. 

I admittedly never closely read that story but the headline just seemed to indicate that he would seriously consider the Browns as if it was a surprise they would be a factor. Almost like he or his agent was asked if the browns would actually be In the mix and they said “sure”

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I admittedly never closely read that story but the headline just seemed to indicate that he would seriously consider the Browns as if it was a surprise they would be a factor. Almost like he or his agent was asked if the browns would actually be In the mix and they said “sure”

I read alot of folks saying no way hed sign with them because theyre a division foe of his brothers.  I could see that being attractive if he wanted to play opposite Garrett and wanted a team with more security at QB, the fact that hed get to play his brothers 2x a year could be cool for guys like that... they proli fist fought each other for the last slice of pizza as kids, being rivals would be the next best thing if youre looking at the brothers angle

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I read alot of folks saying no way hed sign with them because theyre a division foe of his brothers.  I could see that being attractive if he wanted to play opposite Garrett and wanted a team with more security at QB, the fact that hed get to play his brothers 2x a year could be cool for guys like that... they proli fist fought each other for the last slice of pizza as kids, being rivals would be the next best thing if youre looking at the brothers angle

I don’t see it unless the money is too much to turn down. I think his biggest priority is a ring, and Cleveland’s sample size of looking like a potential contender is too small. They won’t even be favored to win their division. I think they have a good chance to make a WC again but their roster is shaky in too many areas. Also their salary cap situation looks better than some but they have a lot of holes and UFAs and need to pay Chubb, ward, Baker soon. They are good and I like Stefanski  but if he’s ring chasing he has better options imo

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Take it fwiw - on the locked on bills podcast today he had a guest podcaster named Joe Miller. Miller does the Overreaction podcast with John fina. Miller prefaced this by saying he “doesn’t have great sources” but someone who he called “close to the organization” sent him a DM sometime last week and it said 80% chance Watt was signing with the Bills. Again, just a fwiw nugget. 

Nothing specific to this comment, Yolo, but I don't like being the leader a week ago.  It suggests some roadblock that the parties can't get past.  I guess there can be some unique circumstances here relating to the unknown salary cap, but I would think, if the parties agreed on 2/25 (for example), they would be able to fit that in regardless.

53 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I just started following JJ on Instagram. I sent him a message telling him to come to Buffalo, virtually guaranteeing him signing here. I feel confident that this will happen within the next 48 hrs

Not all heroes wear capes.