Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Edmunds is solid on most days, nothing spectacular. He's not a difference maker. My guess is Milano is gone so they'll have to find his replacement. 

Cleveland has the more talented roster, IMO. The difference is Allen, who was incredible this past season and the reason they got to the Championship game. 

I think with how high Edmunds was drafted and these pro bowls that I don't think he deserved will make it almost impossible to sign him. He is going to ask for money that doesn’t add up with what you get on the field currently. I like Edmunds as a player and I know he is still young but if he asks to be paid as a top 5 at his position it’s going to be hard to swallow that. 

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Definitely a better defense after week 8 or so.... I think part that had to do with the quality of offenses they played after getting through some tough ones. In the playoffs I’d day they were pretty bad against the Colts, excellent against the Ravens, and awful against the Chiefs. 

Really an up and down defense that got exposed in more than a handful of games. 

i cant disagree with a whole lot of this. But my original point remains you left out plenty of solid to downright good players in your broad stroked talent comment.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think with how high Edmunds was drafted and these pro bowls that I don't think he deserved will make it almost impossible to sign him. He is going to ask for money that doesn’t add up with what you get on the field currently. I like Edmunds as a player and I know he is still young but if he asks to be paid as a top 5 at his position it’s going to be hard to swallow that. 

I agree. I like him as well and think he can still pan out. But this year is so big for him. If he doesnt fix the massive inconsistency issues theres no way in h*** i'm ok with anything close to that sort of money. Luckily i trust the bills leadership to understand that as well.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Definitely a better defense after week 8 or so.... I think part that had to do with the quality of offenses they played after getting through some tough ones. In the playoffs I’d day they were pretty bad against the Colts, excellent against the Ravens, and awful against the Chiefs. 

Really an up and down defense that got exposed in more than a handful of games. 

I thought our defense was bad against the Colts in the last half of the 4th quarter.  We held them to only 10 points until the last 2 drives.

The defense played well and then collapsed.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought our defense was bad against the Colts in the last half of the 4th quarter.  We held them to only 10 points until the last 2 drives.

right. honestly other than that one quarter collapse in the wildcard the defense was easily playing at a top ten level for a solid 2 months leading up into the AFC title meltdown.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. honestly other than that one quarter collapse in the wildcard the defense was easily playing at a top ten level for a solid 2 months leading up into the AFC title meltdown.

I think when it was 24-10.....Buffalo's defense completely abandoned playing the run and then paid for it.  

• Agree 1

At this point I don’t either.... next season is a big season for him. Regardless I expect them to pick up his 5th year option. 

I want to see 2-3 sacks. I want to see more TFL's. Sick and tired of watching him backpedal into oblivion. The youth argument is over.  Perform like an "actual" pro bowler or bu bye.....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

The Colts moved the ball all day. Think they punted twice in the game..... They turned the ball over on downs inside our 5 towards the end of the 2nd quarter after Rivers missed what would’ve been an easy TD if he hadn’t back peddled for no reason with absolutely no pressure, overthrowing an open receiver in the end zone with an off balanced throw. It turned the game around in the Bills favor..... thought it was a pretty subpar performance from the defense overall. 

So when the Bills played the Jets in the second game where we won 18-10....you were very satisfied with our offense that day?  Because we moved the ball all day and didn't punt once.  

Failed execution is part of the game on both sides of the ball for every team.  How many missed opportunities did we have against the Ravens?  

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah well your neighbors in OP will have a snowblower. This is entry level. 

Unless he stinks and has a bad game, then he will have a dick drawn in his front yard

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This was a change in gameplan from coaching...less aggressive. 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think context is important. The Colts moved the ball with relative ease throughout the game. Rivers missed a few opportunities that were there to be had. I’m not going give credit to our defense for his miscues that had nothing to do with what the Bills defense did. 

You avoided his question-it’s a fair question in rebuttal to your argument 

I think context is important. The Colts moved the ball with relative ease throughout the game. Rivers missed a few opportunities that were there to be had. I’m not going give credit to our defense for his miscues that had nothing to do with what the Bills defense did. 

We moved the ball with relative ease against the Jets.  We were in the redzone 6 times.  We were in FG range 8 times.  400+ yards of total offense and 26 first downs. And again...no punts.  So I would assume that you felt our offense played pretty damn good all day long against the Jets....right?  You wanted context....

You're right...nothing bogus happened to us in that game.  The Colts receiver clearly wasn't up when he fumbled right?  The call on the field was right?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Orly 

47 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I think that's TJ shoveling not JJ

It is TJ. But that’s neither here nor there, it’s about the context. let’s back up to when he was released. Since then he’s tweeted three pics/videos, two were snow related and one was his wife eating wings with ❤️💙 emojis. 

• Haha (+1) 1