Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

20 minutes ago, cle23 said:

No one but Rudolph, Garrett and the NFL know what was said. Weird that the audio was lost for that play only. Garrett was beyond dumb with the helmet, but his off the field work speaks for itself.

OBJ has a bad rap, some of it deserved, but just saying most "me first" players aren't great teammates. OBJs teammates love him. 

Also, who said a word about Allen. Mayfield is a great teammate. All the way around. He celebrates just as much when his teammates score or make big plays as he does when he makes the play. What makes him a bad teammate?

Allen is a better QB as of today. That's got nothing to do with Mayfield being a "me first" player as you claim. What makes you say that? And how is Mayfield different than Allen as a teammate?

https://www.nfl.com/news/vets-addressed-duke-johnson-remarks-with-mayfield-0ap3000001033747

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not taking up for Mayfield by any means, just want to say I think he looked a lot more mature and more like a leader this past season than in 2018-2019. I remember some Browns fans or maybe the media in that area were saying he's Johnny 2.0 lol.

Anyways he is still a wild card imo but he did look more like the QB and leader the Browns needed him to be this past season.

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

It's amazing that you know OBJ and Mayfield are "me first." OBJ has that rep, but from the media only. His teammates love him. And Mayfield is the furthest from me first that there is. Watch his reactions when his teammates score. 

I know you’re not going to believe this, but I know someone who is directly related to a Browns player and said they’ve been told Baker is extremely me first. 

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I know you’re not going to believe this, but I know someone who is directly related to a Browns player and said they’ve been told Baker is extremely me first. 

What does that mean, "directly related?" An actual relative? A friend? 

I'm going on everything I've seen firsthand. Games. Training camp.  Even hearing John Dorsey, the same dude who was a big part of drafting Mahomes, say a big thing they loved about Mayfield was how much his teammates loved and gravitated to him.

Players don't typically love players who don't care about the team. 

13 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I'm going on everything I've seen firsthand. Games. Training camp.  Even hearing John Dorsey, the same dude who was a big part of drafting Mahomes, say a big thing they loved about Mayfield was how much his teammates loved and gravitated to him.

I mean is Dorsey going to say they drafted him and his teammates hate him? What else  is he supposed to say... 

It is a relative of a player... came over from another team with a top tier QB and said Baker doesn’t put in close to the same amount of time as the other QB does and it was frustrating for him to see. 

21 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I agree with you to some extent. I think Baker really took a big step in the right direction as well as Allen. I think one could tell he "looked the part" this past season compared to last and whenever they were saying he's just another Johnny,

He looked and acted like a leader from what I could tell. Anyway, both Bills and Browns fan bases should be very excited. Nice to see both these franchises turn the corner.

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I mean is Dorsey going to say they drafted him and his teammates hate him? What else  is he supposed to say... 

It is a relative of a player... came over from another team with a top tier QB and said Baker doesn’t put in close to the same amount of time as the other QB does and it was frustrating for him to see

Was this meant for this past season? Or one before?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Estro said:

This Browns leak is 1 of 2 things:

1 - Watt's side trying to get other teams to up their offers

2 - Watt's side trying to get the Browns to up their offer

I think its the former.  The best way to create leverage for more money is the illusion of multiple teams bidding on your service. 

Well, it is a report from a Browns beat reporter, Mary Kay Cabot

38 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It is a relative of a player... came over from another team with a top tier QB and said Baker doesn’t put in close to the same amount of time as the other QB does and it was frustrating for him to see. 

According to Progressive Insurance commercials, that field doesn’t mow itself—Baker could use some more help from those lazy groundskeepers hanging out around his house! 

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Watt is such a douche.  Trolling Bills fans with wings on Twitter.  Totally unnecessary but very much in line with his attention grabbing.

Talking about attention grabbing... Aren’t you the dude a year or so back that said winning games against NFC teams is actually a disadvantage?

• Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Talking about attention grabbing... Aren’t you the dude a year or so back that said winning games against NFC teams is actually a disadvantage?

Apparently you aren’t fully up to speed on your playoff tiebreaker scenarios.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Estro said:

This Browns leak is 1 of 2 things:

1 - Watt's side trying to get other teams to up their offers

2 - Watt's side trying to get the Browns to up their offer

I think its the former.  The best way to create leverage for more money is the illusion of multiple teams bidding on your service. 

It could also be the browns team that leaked it, if they have no plans to up their offer and want to show their fans that they attempted to sign him

The whole report seems all too familiar as a bills fan about any big name free agent

10 hours ago, cle23 said:

What in that says "me first?"

He should have kept his mouth shut in regards to Johnson himself, but his entire comment was about the team and wanting players who buy in. I think that's pretty normal.

His comment called out a teammate.... whether or not that teammate wanted to be there or not.  That’s not pretty normal....if it were, you’d be reading several other articles about other calling out teammates. But you don’t. 

you’re a browns fan and a Baker fan and you’re looking at this through a different color lens.  

At first you say he should have kept his mouth shut.  A sentence later you say it’s pretty normal. No.  It’s not normal.  If it were, why should he have kept his mouth shut?

baker has some issues character issues and likely always will. I feel that he’s a hot head that see red when people say things he doesn’t like. He has trouble controlling his temper and his mouth.  

that said, I think he’s improved and made himself into a very good QB, playing in a system that fits his style of play and has a dominant offensive line.  He and your browns have a bright future.  It’ll grow brighter as he continues to mature