Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

👀

I showed this to my 30-year-old daughter.   Didn't tell her anything about it except it was a JJ Watt tweet with a video of his wife on their wedding day.   She looked at it for two seconds and said "He's coming to Buffalo!   Wings, those red and blue hearts.  No doubt."

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't understand why so many Bills fans think Tannehill is garbage. He had 40 total TD'S. He's been pretty consistent over his career. Played good on bad Dolphin teams. 

I think he's a lot like Alex Smith. A little more arm talent. 

I wouldnt go so far as to call him garbage, but he isnt a great QB either. And you need a QB who can be great in order to win a SB.

And I disagree that he played well on bad teams in Miami. He played poorly on some good teams down there too. Especially against Buffalo, and we weren't that great back then either.

He's definitely better now than he ever was in Miami. But that still isnt anything great, or enough to attract big name FAs who want to chase a ring.

That last part bolded, as it was the starting point of this discussion here.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I showed this to my 30-year-old daughter.   Didn't tell her anything about it except it was a JJ Watt tweet with a video of his wife on their wedding day.   She looked at it for two seconds and said "He's coming to Buffalo!   Wings, those red and blue hearts.  No doubt."

Definitely astute observations . But Houston is also red and blue and he's the best player in the franchise history

If I'm ranking based on his SB desires:

1. Green Bay: The NFC sucks and the NFC North is terrible 

2. Tennessee:  With the Colts having no QB and the Texans total dumpster situation, they should win the South easily.  I put them here over us bc I think they can out bid us.  

3. Buffalo:  If Miami doesn't get Watson and Tua doesn't improve the Bills could go 6-0 in the division again.  

That should be his list unless he plays for league minimum with the Cowboys or Chiefs.    

If you’re referring to Watt, several people have already stated GB, Pitt., and NO are most likely out as they can’t produce the cap space for him, nor Tampa as one outlet purported as they have too many URFA they need to extend.

TN and Buffalo are two viable choices.  I guess I’m biased, but we are closer than TN to a ring, and I’m sure his people have already said Buffalos two needs are a pass rush and a rushing game.  He can help with two of the glaring needs.  Besides he’d fit right into McD’s culture and probably love to be on a rotation.  Here he might play 60-65% vs. 85-90% in Houston, or maybe even less to 50%.  Probably would help an already great career as with fresh legs, he can wreak havoc on defenses.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh.

One guy is worth 5 years of a teams draft picks and has 10-15 years left...........the other is nearing the end and wasn't worth much in trade with a nearly $18M cap figure next season.   

Everyone is a comedian these days. I think they believe these stupid little videos are funny.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Do you think the Ravens front seven was a reason for the bad matchups against them?

I'm not sure what you mean?

I think in the AFC there are 4 teams that can make the Super Bowl with their roster as is today. Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and Ravens. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede