Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I think Vrabel is actually a plus for him, and you are correct that Tannehill is a minus. JMO.

I don't understand why so many Bills fans think Tannehill is garbage. He had 40 total TD'S. He's been pretty consistent over his career. Played good on bad Dolphin teams. 

I think he's a lot like Alex Smith. A little more arm talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Many thought Suh was done, yet he was a big part of TB defense. I think Suh had 2 sacks in the SB. I remember posters being mocked on here when talking about bringing Suh to Buffalo. Think Suh could’ve helped the defense?

I honestly just assumed Watt had lost a step so-to-speak...So I went back and watched what I could from 2020...

What I saw was still pretty damn good at times. The instincts are still good, and when he sees it he can beat a single block and still knife into the backfield. He still gets his hands up and knocks down passes, and he makes big plays every once in a while too.

I really did not consider Watt much for this offseason plan. But I've moved a lot on him to the point where now I feel like IF the Bills were to go all out to bring him in for a couple years I'm AOK with it. Even if it meant blowing up a lot of the current line and Drafting a couple kids to add to him, Oliver, and Epenesa (I'm leaving a lot out from that equation because if the Bills go fishing for salary I think Jefferson, Butler, Addison, and Hughes are all possibilities to be cut...Though I realize they won't ALL be cut)...

Anyway...Come on JJ...B-)

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't understand why so many Bills fans think Tannehill is garbage. He had 40 total TD'S. He's been pretty consistent over his career. Played good on bad Dolphin teams. 

Not sure if you are referring to me but i didn’t call him garbage. I think he’s been better since he got to Tennessee. He’s starting caliber. I don’t see him as a SB winning type QB though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

JJ Watt hasn’t signed yet, and our 8-12” snow storm that was gonna get me out of work tomorrow has turned into a cute little sleet storm and maybe 4” of snow cause meteorologists are *****. What a stupid day.

They are calling for a foot across the board here in NNY

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure if you are referring to me but i didn’t call him garbage. I think he’s been better since he got to Tennessee. He’s starting caliber. I don’t see him as a SB winning type QB though.

Exactly...

He really has been much better in Tennessee...And I certainly give him a lot of credit for reviving his career. But give Josh a running game like that with Henry in the backfield and we may average 50 a game...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I compare him to Lamar. 
He’s fantastic (MVP level) when the run game dominates and they have a lead. Every success he has in Tennessee is based of henry rather its the play action or read option. However put him behind 10 points and it’s game over when teams know he has to throw he can’t make plays. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He fits very well on that team. On that team he can definitely win a Super Bowl. Let's not forget he completely changed that team the moment he took over. Derrick Henry was already there and that offense was 3 yards and a cloud of dust before Tannehill. 

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I compare him to Lamar. 
He’s fantastic (MVP level) when the run game dominates and they have a lead. Every success he has in Tennessee is based of henry rather its the play action or read option. However put him behind 10 points and it’s game over when teams know he has to throw he can’t make plays. 

Not true at all. They had many comebacks this year. Henry and a great OL was there when they were bottom of the league in scoring. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I compare him to Lamar. 

Yeah both have big weaknesses Tannehille is more average to adequate and Lamar has to improve as a passer he's just not great there yet. With both teams the plan is to force them to win as passers and when they run into teams that can do that they go from real good teams to average.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He fits very well on that team. On that team he can definitely win a Super Bowl. Let's not forget he completely changed that team the moment he took over. Derrick Henry was already there and that offense was 3 yards and a cloud of dust before Tannehill. 

Not true at all. They had many comebacks this year. Henry and a great OL was there when they were bottom of the league in scoring. 

I don’t think they are contenders to win the SB with tannehill.  Others may feel differently and that’s fine but all that matters is what he thinks. He’s played against him for years so...

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Let Henry miss a few weeks with an injury and they’d be in huge trouble. Tannehill is all play action and if that ain’t working he ain’t working. He’s played at a really high level at times there but it’s based on what he’s getting because teams are scared of Henry. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why wouldn't they be? They can score.

I just don’t see Tannehill as a difference making QB. Henry can be stopped. Their defense is abysmal, not sure watt would elevate it to SB level. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 4