Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

25 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not sure if JJ fits, the Bills need to get younger and more dynamic at DE. Unless they plan on releasing Addison and still brining in a younger DE. 

But I wouldn't hate JJ, I just think there are better directions to go. 

We don’t have to get younger.  We are going to be signing 2-4 players every year that are one year rentals.  It doesn’t matter which position and how old those players are.  They just have to be able to help us win a super bowl.  When the window is open and ours may never be more open that right now, the only thing a team has to do is bet better, hopefully enough to win the super bowl.  We can get younger pass rushers next year, or in 2-3 years.  As long as we sign pass rushers that can get the job done. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 5

Watt signing with the Bills would arguably put us in the top 3 SB contenders. Maybe he's lost a step, but think of the intangibles.

It's basically like getting another coach. Arguably more effective. McD is serious business, but Watt is on another level. He wants that ring. He won't accept people ****ing off. It's like when Spinal Tap turned things up to 11.

I don't think he'll sign with us but holy smokes would I like to be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Watt signing with the Bills would arguably put us in the top 3 SB contenders. Maybe he's lost a step, but think of the intangibles.

It's basically like getting another coach. Arguably more effective. McD is serious business, but Watt is on another level. He wants that ring. He won't accept people ****ing off. It's like when Spinal Tap turned things up to 11.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. 

Ed would have an All Pro season 

I took a look at the Chiefs forum on JJ Watt.  It looks just like this one, including the photoshopped picture of him in a Chiefs jersey, the claims he's past his prime, the claims he'd make the D better, that it would be good to get him if the price was right (due to cap issues), and that if he's chasing a ring this would be a great place to land.  Swap "Bills" for "Chiefs" and it all reads the same 😄

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

We are a top three SB contender. Let go of the Bills poverty mindset, Dick. 

12 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I took a look at the Chiefs forum on JJ Watt.  It looks just like this one, including the photoshopped picture of him in a Chiefs jersey, the claims he's past his prime, the claims he'd make the D better, that it would be good to get him if the price was right (due to cap issues), and that if he's chasing a ring this would be a great place to land.  Swap "Bills" for "Chiefs" and it all reads the same 😄

also probably every other board in the league. 😛 

31 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Are we not already top 3??? We finished top 3-4...

10 hours ago, Process said:

Wowza

So, is he being released outright or is he subject to waivers?  If not waivers, then isn’t he a free agent and a team doesn’t have to take on his existing contract?

Edited by ColeB