Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Life comes at you fast. They were 11-0 and now headed toward major uncertainty ... need to deal with Villanueva, juju, Dupree as FAs... Ben’s contract is an albatross ... I could see JJ watt and cam on the inside and TJ watt and dupree on the outside but Ben’s arm is falling apart and that overshadows everything 

And the Pouncey brothers just announced their retirements so that is another hole on the o-line for Pittsburgh to fill.

I’m sure Beane will check in on his interest and price. 
It makes sense to add him for any of the contending teams. 
He has to want to come here though and he has to accept a mid level short contract. Our gm’s on here seem to think you make all these cuts and just sign whoever you want. Houston released him because I’m sure he knows the top 3 where he wants to go and odds are high those top 3 would all offer contracts. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Love JJ Watt but at this stage I think he is a 3-4 end only. He could play some 3 tech in a 4 man front in Buffalo but I am not sure that is where our need really is. I don't think at this stage in his career he is a 4-3 Edge guy.

Way to kill some posters buzz Gunner.

LOL...I actually agree with this.  We need youth and quick twitch.  

I wouldn't be against signing him but I won't be upset if we don't.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Process said:

Sure we can. We have a lot of guys to cut, including the three busts on the DL we signed last year.

Agree, plus he's not getting the 17m he was due in Houston.  Maybe 10-12ish I would guess.  Thats a Jefferson and a half of Butler

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Love JJ Watt but at this stage I think he is a 3-4 end only. He could play some 3 tech in a 4 man front in Buffalo but I am not sure that is where our need really is. I don't think at this stage in his career he is a 4-3 Edge guy.

I see him as a Quinton Jefferson type on this DL- thoughts? 

• Like (+1) 1