Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

2 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

why are you whining? I'm so sick of weak people. he is a football player treat as such. he is not your buddy that has to agree with everything you say.

Why are YOU whining?!?!? I'm so sick of weak people whining about other peoples opinions about JJ Watt.  Scott is just some guy on a message board and not your wife that has to agree with everything you say!  I'm also sick of irony.  I HATE irony!

• Haha (+1) 6

I read right here he "annoys" alot of people for being a face of the league and constantly doing charity and loving onhis city... couldn't agree more. He should be beating broads up and breaking his kids arm! Maybe then I'd want him here 🙄 so what if our pass rush is non existent, there's definitely zero role, even rotationally and on 3rd downs, for him here. It's so good that he's going to a division competitor like Pittsburgh likely!!! Phewww really hope we dodge this

/sarcasm

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why would he? Assuming they re-sign Dupree, JJ doesnt even start there. And Ben is on his way out in a tough division, so they arent guaranteed contenders.

I think Pittsburgh is currently expected to let Dupree walk. They have a cap mess of their own to sort out before they can entertain signing JJ though and they don't really need him either.

Still, they immediately jumped to my mind as a potential suitor for him too along with Tampa, Green Bay, and us.

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I read right here he "annoys" alot of people for being a face of the league and constantly doing charity and loving onhis city... couldn't agree more. He should be beating broads up and breaking his kids arm! Maybe then I'd want him here 🙄 so what if our pass rush is non existent, there's definitely zero role, even rotationally and on 3rd downs, for him here. It's so good that he's going to a division competitor like Pittsburgh likely!!! Phewww really hope we dodge this

/sarcasm

He annoys people because his outward media persona is cringy as hell.

I don't think many people think he's anything other than a stand-up dude and a model professional. He's just cringy.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

The cool thing about being a contender is that it’s not a complete pipe dream for him to sign here.  It’s totally plausible.

It’s the new Josh Allen reality and it’s going to take a while to sink in.  For example, most in this thread are automatically assuming Watt signs with GB, Pitt, TB etc.  A relic of BBFS...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Why would he? Assuming they re-sign Dupree, JJ doesnt even start there. And Ben is on his way out in a tough division, so they arent guaranteed contenders.

I think the Steelers are a semi contender due to their defense but if he really wants a ring I don’t see it. Ben isn’t TB12. As far playing time though I actually think fewer snaps in a rotation would boost his production. 

5 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

The cool thing about being a contender is that it’s not a complete pipe dream for him to sign here.  It’s totally plausible.

Could the Bills take on his salary? He does have a history of injuries. Beane should definitely kick the tires on this but to me this is buyer beware. He isn't the player he used to be.