Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

Big Turk

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Agree to disagree is fine by me. I’m sure we’ll likely agree in some other thread on some other random topic, no love lost. I just think you’re salty over the Chiefs game. Chris Jones is what he is, probably the best DT in the NFL not named Aaron Donald.

You might be right.  There were just a bunch of times during the season where he just didn’t look like he belonged out there imo.  Completely overmatched. Kinlaw (who is a stud for sure) made him look stupid too.  

I view the chiefs as a team that we’ll likely have to play every year if we want to win the AFC. I don’t see how this matchup would be any different in years past.  For that reason, he’s worth 3-4M a year for me.  If I’m going to pay 7-8M for and interior lineman, I’d prefer one that excels in pass blocking, considering that we’ll likely be a pass first offense as long as we have 17 and 14.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You might be right.  There were just a bunch of times during the season where he just didn’t look like he belonged out there imo.  Completely overmatched. Kinlaw (who is a stud for sure) made him look stupid too.  

I view the chiefs as a team that we’ll likely have to play every year if we want to win the AFC. I don’t see how this matchup would be any different in years past.  For that reason, he’s worth 3-4M a year for me.  If I’m going to pay 7-8M for and interior lineman, I’d prefer one that excels in pass blocking, considering that we’ll likely be a pass first offense as long as we have 17 and 14.

Possibility the injury may have impacted his play maybe a little more than we think/know also. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Seems grossly negligent to not put a quality line in front of your budding franchise QB. Especially when he likes the player in question. Did we not learn from Kansas City?

If we learned anything from Kansas City it is Feliciano can't pass protect

16 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Even a slightly below average retread gets $5M. Any FA making less than that is likely a bottom of the barrel, backup lineman

Really?  And yet, there are only 10 right guards in the NFL who are averaging more than $5M/yr

Of course some of the good RGs in the league are rookies, or vets on a "prove it" deal, but still, it's pretty hard to support that contention.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really?  And yet, there are only 10 right guards in the NFL who are averaging more than $5M/yr

Of course some of the good RGs in the league are rookies, or vets on a "prove it" deal, but still, it's pretty hard to support that contention.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/guard/

Spotrac has 30.

Edited by Victory Formation

54 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

That appears to be a list of guards - what part of the phrase "right guard" was confusing to you?

If you wish to speak guards in general, then there are 64 starters and you need to make the case that everyone below #30 is, as you contend, "bottom of the barrel, backup linemen"

Note that in general, RGs tend to get compensated a little less than LG just as RT tend to get compensated a bit less than LT.

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Even a slightly below average retread gets $5M. Any FA making less than that is likely a bottom of the barrel, backup lineman who will likely be a camp body at best. Feliciano can play guard and he can also play center, that versatility is extremely valuable.

Outside of being handled by Chris Jones, which I will absolutely admit, he got handled, but outside of that he looked like a quality lineman. Not an All Pro, but a respectable lineman to put in front of Josh. Not elite, but solid. I see no need to make a hole there, won’t find a better free agent for the money and we only have so many draft picks, which we would be wise to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a few linemen as is anyways. 

Competent guard play is not easy to find. Mongo is solidly above average, has chemistry with the rest of the oline (which is vastly important) and is beloved in the locker room. Give him a similar contract to Spain and I think both sides are happy. No reason to create more holes. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

He just trolled all of us? :lol:

I mean, in a sense of: “a slightly above replacement level guard indicated there may be news with regard to his looming contract situation only to post something non-sensical thus making a fan base that wasn’t convinced he was worth paying hate him.” 

yep. 😛

Also, still less of a troll than the weathermen who shut down the entire city of Louisville with predictions of 8-12” of snow only for 1” of sleet to show up.