Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

Big Turk

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I just dont get why people want to cut Morse. 

He clearly makes us much much better. We want to cut these vets on the team but sign people like Peterson, Geno Atkins, etc... it makes no sense. Morse has been very good for us. 

I think the concussions and price tag are what are scaring people off. We need him healthy and ready to play. We can't afford OL on the IR when the cap is tight.

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

My sense is that we were better with Morse and Feliciano in, rather than Morse and Winters or Feliciano and Winters. To me, Winters was the big problem solved when Feliciano came back. It's not that Feliciano or Morse specifically made the run game better, it was putting Winters on the bench that probably did it.

Agreed - well, putting Winters on the bench and replacing him with an upgrade, so maybe the two are the same thing?

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Feliciano was awful at center this past season.  He was actually average at guard too.

He was really good his first year here, but when we played better d lineman this year, he wasn't as good.

I'm absolutely not cutting Morse for Feliciano to play center.  Morse was really solid this year.

Also, it is a no brainer to convert Morse's salary to a bonus and it saves 3 million on cap this year.

No he wasn't.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

I think the concussions and price tag are what are scaring people off. We need him healthy and ready to play. We can't afford OL on the IR when the cap is tight.

He has missed 2 games since becoming a Bill, and one was supposedly not even for injury.  You restructure his contract, he counts a little over 7 million on cap.  Middle of pack for centers.

11 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Feliciano was awful at center this past season.  He was actually average at guard too.

He was really good his first year here, but when we played better d lineman this year, he wasn't as good.

I'm absolutely not cutting Morse for Feliciano to play center.  Morse was really solid this year.

Also, it is a no brainer to convert Morse's salary to a bonus and it saves 3 million on cap this year.

He wasn't "awful".  He wasn't as good as Morse in pass protection and a couple of his shotgun snaps were scary.

I think the unknown from this year vs. last year, is Feliciano came back hella early from a serious, surgically repaired torn pec.  That was on top of an off-season limited by recovery from surgery on his shoulder.  How much did that affect him? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

He played 16 games 2 years ago and 14 last year. 

He's had 5 holding penalties in 2 years. 

He allowed 1 sack this year. 

I don't think his price tag is really that bad. If the FO sees fit, restructure.  Again, I don't LOVE Morse but Feliciano is not a better option and Morse was not our issue last year. You don't get better by cutting a 28 year old who has allowed 2 sacks in 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He wasn't "awful".  He wasn't as good as Morse in pass protection and a couple of his shotgun snaps were scary.

I think the unknown from this year vs. last year, is Feliciano came back hella early from a serious, surgically repaired torn pec.  That was on top of an off-season limited by recovery from surgery on his shoulder.  How much did that affect him? 

Seriously, what did he do good at center vs Seattle and Arizona?  Allen was sacked 7 times vs Seattle and our running backs ran for 19 yards.

Versus Arizona, our RBs ran for 35 yards.  Feliciano is no where near the pass blocker and snapper Morse is, and our run game is not better with him in there.

People seen Feliciano play center in preseason and think he is good at it.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm confused with your stance on this situation. 

You tell me X and then say this. 

So we should let Morse walk and keep a guy that wasn't as good as him and had bad snaps for a guy that has given up 2 sacks in 2 years?

What is your stance on Morse and Feleciano or are you just going to combat everyone's stance without doing "homework" or whatever you said. 

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Seriously, what did he do good at center vs Seattle and Arizona?  Allen was sacked 7 times vs Seattle and our running backs ran for 19 yards.

Versus Arizona, our RBs ran for 35 yards.  Feliciano is no where near the pass blocker and snapper Morse is, and our run game is not better with him in there.

I've already tried this with him man.

He just told me we had great running games and that even though Arizona didn't have their starting 2 IDL, we'd have to go back and see how Morse performed against back ups, etc.

Then I tell him Seattle had a bad defense (second most points allowed) and was asked to prove my homework. He's combatting everyone's argument without coming out and saying what he thinks we should do and why. 

The thing is... I like Feliciano a LOT.. He's just simply not better at center than Morse and we are better off keeping Morse than Feliciano.

Edited by warrior9

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I've already tried this with him man.

He just told me we had great running games and that even though Arizona didn't have their starting 2 IDL, we'd have to go back and see how Morse performed against back ups, etc.

Then I tell him Seattle had a bad defense (second most points allowed) and was asked to prove my homework. He's combatting everyone's argument without coming out and saying what he thinks we should do and why. 

The thing is... I like Feliciano a LOT.. He's just simply not better at center than Morse and we are better off keeping Morse than Feliciano.

Agreed.  Feliciano is vocal, so the fans like him more.  Morse is smart as a whiz and is constantly calling stuff out for Allen.  It was really evident that was missing when he was gone.  

I think Feliciano is average.  Personally, I would offer him low tier money.  If he doesn't take it, I'm starting Ford there next year.  I think that is Ford's natural position.

34 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

They were actually able to run the ball vs patsies with him at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Are you asking because you didn't actually watch those games?

Because if you did watch, you'd know that Feliciano had a decent game at center vs. Seattle.   And you'd know that our gameplan was to pass all over the place and not to run.  If you even just look at the box score, you'd see that Allen threw for 282 yds, 18 first downs, 60% 3rd down conversion - IN THE FIRST HALF, and that our RBs had 12 rush attempts total. 

I watch a lot of all-22.  I'm not one of the people who think we should improve the OL by cutting Morse and moving Feliciano to center. 

But to say he was "awful" is to not understand what awful center play actually looks like.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They were actually able to run the ball vs patsies with him at least. 

We did run the ball very effectively against the Pats, but we'll never know whether or not we could have done as well or better with Morse at C 'cuz he got knocked out.

13 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Watching the Chiefs put most of our linemen in 1 on 1 situations really showed just how weak our interior line is. 

They got crushed. I wouldnt mind him staying...but to me id be looking to upgrade our line.

This

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

I just dont get why people want to cut Morse. 

He clearly makes us much much better. We want to cut these vets on the team but sign people like Peterson, Geno Atkins, etc... it makes no sense. Morse has been very good for us. 

Agreed, I like Morse as our center and a leader for this team. He is an outstanding pass blocker and very good when pulling in the run game (unfortunately, our run scheme this season didn't really play to his strengths).

To be fair, he is overpaid especially considering his concussion history and was (maybe still is?) the highest paid center in the NFL which is likely where the 'Cut Morse!' people are coming from. I wonder if he would be open to a restructure...if we could free up $3-4 million this season and still keep him, that seems like the ideal situation for me. 

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Agreed.  Feliciano is vocal, so the fans like him more.  Morse is smart as a whiz and is constantly calling stuff out for Allen.  It was really evident that was missing when he was gone.  

I think Feliciano is average.  Personally, I would offer him low tier money.  If he doesn't take it, I'm starting Ford there next year.  I think that is Ford's natural position.

I think that's a reasonable assessment.  Feliciano is an average OLman, maybe a bit above average last year, a bit below average this year.

Has Ford actually played RG like, ever?  They tried him at RG the first 2 games this season and liked him there so much that they moved him to LG and brought in Winters after they benched Spain.  Think about that for a minute.

18 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I'm confused with your stance on this situation. 

You tell me X and then say this. 

So we should let Morse walk and keep a guy that wasn't as good as him and had bad snaps for a guy that has given up 2 sacks in 2 years?

What is your stance on Morse and Feleciano or are you just going to combat everyone's stance without doing "homework" or whatever you said. 

I have never said we should "let Morse walk".  First of all, "let walk" usually applies to a FA one doesn't re-sign and Morse is under contract.

My position is really quite clear, and if you want to know what it is you could try searching. 

Cut Morse (the savings is too tough to pass)

Feliciano to Center. 

Sign Scherff or Thuney.

Re-sign Williams 

Dawkins--Ford--Feliciano--Scherff/Thuney--Williams

Cut Butler and Jefferson.  

Let Milano go.  

Sign Barrett.  

Restructure John Brown and Hughes.   

Draft Harris or Etienne.  

Draft LBs OG or Center and DBs

Continue tweaks.  

Off season done.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Cut Morse (the savings is too tough to pass)

Feliciano to Center. 

Sign Scherff or Thuney.

Re-sign Williams 

Dawkins--Ford--Feliciano--Scherff/Thuney--Williams

Cut Butler and Jefferson.  

Let Milano go.  

Sign Barrett.  

Restructure John Brown and Hughes.   

Draft Harris or Etienne.  

Draft LBs OG or Center and DBs

Continue tweaks.  

Off season done.  

Good with this except Brown. Can do better.