Feliciano: "I don't see myself going anywhere else. I see myself as a Bill next year."

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Interesting.... if it does get done I wonder what other moves they make to upgrade the interior line... 

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center.

We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boettger/FA/Draft pick battle for two starting spots.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I like that he has vocalized this and that both sides are working together to get a deal done. Feliciano is a solid starter whose real value is increased by the intangibles. 

And his real deficiencies were exposed in the AFCCG when he was easily the worst player in the field.

I love his attitude and fore but I don’t know if he’s good enough in pass protection.  I can see moving him to center and cutting Morse, but we’d be replacing a good pass protection C with a crappy pass protection C. It would definitely help the run game though. We need interior lineman that aren’t inept at run blocking and pass blocking.  More balance 

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

And his real deficiencies were exposed in the AFCCG when he was easily the worst player in the field.

I love his attitude and fore but I don’t know if he’s good enough in pass protection.  I can see moving him to center and cutting Morse, but we’d be replacing a good pass protection C with a crappy pass protection C. It would definitely help the run game though. We need interior lineman that aren’t inept at run blocking and pass blocking.  More balance 

Against Heyward in the Pittsburgh game too until they chose to double team him and stop letting him wreck the gameplan. Our unwillingness to give him help in the KC game hurt us.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don't know that one bag game, when a lot people played bad dictates the players entire body of work.

Feliciano isn't a crappy pass protector.  

Our pass protection was excellent all year and faced a lot of good defenses.  KC just owns us now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Against Heyward in the Pittsburgh game too until they chose to double team him and stop letting him wreck the gameplan. Our unwillingness to give him help in the KC game hurt us.

that was a big time halftime adjustment.  We were in trouble without a fix.  For whatever reason, I thought Hayward was lined up opposite Boettger for the majority of the first half....was it Feliciano?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know that one bag game, when a lot people played bad dictates the players entire body of work.

Feliciano isn't a crappy pass protector.  

Our pass protection was excellent all year and faced a lot of good defenses.  KC just owns us now.

I disagree.  

Sports reporters these days are more sport repeaters and article cited got information from PFT https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/11/jon-feliciano-says-he-doesnt-see-himself-leaving-buffalo/ (leaving out partner part of link since we know "partners" regarding NFL is so weak) which got it from paysite "The Atlantic" which used YouTube to host video so they did not need to spend their resources. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He actually wasn't all that good in run blocking.... He's overrated by many here. I wouldn't pay him unless it's an extremely cap friendly deal. Let him walk, keep Morse and find an upgrade there. 

Rewatch the Pitt game. Thought he struggled a bit against SF too. 

So Feliciano wasn't good in run blocking and is a terrible pass blocker yet he's going to receive a nice contract somewhere....

Maybe Brian Winters will get about $6 million a year as well?  He's also a bad back blocker and run blocker.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My bold prediction is Morse is cut.  Feliciano moves to center.

We sign at least one guard in FA/or draft one high that's starting material, I would think probably a bigger body guard.  Ford/Boettger/FA/Draft pick battle for two starting spots.

I just dont get why people want to cut Morse. 

He clearly makes us much much better. We want to cut these vets on the team but sign people like Peterson, Geno Atkins, etc... it makes no sense. Morse has been very good for us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm happy to have Feliciano back at the tight price. He is the kind of guy who might take a little home town discount to stay in a place where he knows the scheme and is valued by the staff because if he goes to the wrong situation for an extra $1m he could flame out and be a vet minimum backup again within a couple of years. Another deal around $4m per year for 3 years makes sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 1