Kyle Juszczyk was set to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.

chongli

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, moved to Austin 14 years ago from Buffalo. Super exited about all the ex San Fran people moving to Austin and doing the same thing to Austin they did to San Fran because they can't afford to live there anymore. 

You're ok though since you're a Bills fan ;)

I hear you. I'm more Buffalo than San Francisco if that makes sense. It wasn't money that drove me away- I couldn't take the bad city leadership, the smug and holier than thou attitude of some groups and the rising crime. People were not neighborly and friendly there. When I got there in '94 it was not at all like the city it is today. I kept my place there, but I'll never live in it again. If a bunch of the types that I was hoping to leave behind start showing up en masse in Austin, I'll head to Buffalo and go full circle. 

Oddly, it is going to be colder in Austin this weekend than it will be in Buffalo- go figure. 

1 hour ago, SF Bills Fan said:

I hear you. I'm more Buffalo than San Francisco if that makes sense. It wasn't money that drove me away- I couldn't take the bad city leadership, the smug and holier than thou attitude of some groups and the rising crime. People were not neighborly and friendly there. When I got there in '94 it was not at all like the city it is today. I kept my place there, but I'll never live in it again. If a bunch of the types that I was hoping to leave behind start showing up en masse in Austin, I'll head to Buffalo and go full circle. 

Oddly, it is going to be colder in Austin this weekend than it will be in Buffalo- go figure. 

Yea, usually walk my dogs around 8 times a day and they are protesting the the reduced number of walks because I don't want to be out in the cold. 

There's been a large number of people coming from the bay area as Austin becomes a 'san fran lite' for the tech industry which now with covid has found out that their employees haven't considered "Silicon Valley" a selling point for many years now. Property taxes (and property value) and cost of living have gone up considerably in the last few years ion the greater Austin area. 

I was strongly considering moving back to Buffalo if my company goes fully remote, but days like today remind me of a big reason why I left.. and Austin doesn't have the wind chill factor that Buffalo does..

Edited by jeremy2020

On 2/12/2021 at 1:17 AM, chongli said:

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

Excerpt:

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

If only her name was Gina so I could tell her BYE!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I truly love the city of Buffalo. It’s got a lot of great things going for it. However, if you gave me the choice of West Coast living versus living in Buffalo, I take West Coast every day. I chose it myself without having a beautiful wife who asked that I move here. I got lucky and got one when I did, but it may not have just been the decision of his girlfriend at the time. I kind of feel for her as she has essentially been thrown under the bus.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:17 AM, chongli said:

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

Excerpt:

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

Women!