Kyle Juszczyk was set to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.

chongli

6 hours ago, chongli said:

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

Excerpt:

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

This stuff happens because a lot of people don’t want to live in the snow.  Many people don’t want to live on the east coast.  It’s just the way it is.  Why live in a cold and dreary city if you don’t  like cold and dreary  weather have to?  It can have a negative affect on some people entire life.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This stuff happens because a lot of people don’t want to live in the snow.  Many people don’t want to live on the east coast.  It’s just the way it is.  Why live in a cold and dreary city if you don’t  like cold and dreary  weather have to?  It can have a negative affect on some people entire life.  

I think I would rather live in Buffalo vs San Fran.

This team was about to enter full rebuild.

I think Juicy used the Bills to get more money else where.

JMHO but he  never intended to sign here. 

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s funny you say that as my ex, wanted to go there so years ago, I flew with her on vacation to LA.  We drove up and down the PCH a number of cities in CA.  Of all the places we went and all the talk about how beautiful SF was to visit, I found it older and dirtier than expected and the bums everywhere in the streets was disgusting.  There were some good parts, but several other places were much more beautiful.

San Diego comes to mind :)

The whole bums and derelicts thing is why I posted I would rather live in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember when the bills were the front runner to sign him and then it didn’t happen. But didn’t know the backstory. He probably would have caught that deep pass in the Houston playoff game!

He could have bought Tie Rod more time to run around like a chicken with its head chopped off in 2017 ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I think I would rather live in Buffalo vs San Fran.

This team was about to enter full rebuild.

I think Juicy used the Bills to get more money else where.

JMHO but he  never intended to sign here. 

San Diego comes to mind :)

The whole bums and derelicts thing is why I posted I would rather live in Buffalo.

you would rather live in Buffalo.  Millions of others would rather live in SF.  Different strokes for different folks.  Apparently his ex gf didn’t want to live in Buffalo.  

the niners were in full rebuild.  Brian Hoyer was their starting QB.  He certainly did join them because he was chasing a ring. Not everything we read is a smoke screen. Some people actually tell the truth don’t ya think?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Hmmm. I lived there about 15 years, walked by homeless people all the time, helped some here and there, and didn't find it too much of a problem.  Sure a homeless problem doesn't exactly add that Disney Sheen to a city, but you know what really sucked- a bunch of overpaid digital janitors coming in and douching up a previously very vibrant and uniquely historical city.  Classic architecture, bars, music venues, family restaurants, Gold Spike, Gold Dust, Slims. Caesar's gone through greed and boringness- wine bars and douchbaggery reign supreme. The city I totally loved is just frickin dead, and it had nothing to do with homelessness.  

Guess it doesn't compare to the world renowned architecture in Buffalo. People laugh when I say that but they don't laugh so much after reading how it has been pumped up by the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Toronto Sun and the architecture tours that are exceptionally popular with out of town visitors.

Sad that most people don't know how amazing the architecture in Buffalo really is and how it is among the best in the country. Buffalo was the richest city per capita in 1900 in the US and those rich people brought in a lot of famous people to build stuff here.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

B lived in Baltimore for 4 years, but cried over Buffalo.  F her and the horse she rode to San Fran.

Maybe she enjoys needles and human feces littering the roadways and sidewalks?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I mean, not to sound insensitive but damn Kyle.  

This is your contract, your career.  You only have so many years, go where you want to go first.  You obviously liked what you hear from Buffalo....

So I know some guys that a p****whipped.  But I can understand...these guys just had the hardest time with women.  They don't know how to talk to them and too scared to approach any.  So when they get one, they hold onto them for dear life because it might be forever until they find another.

Kyle is a multimillionaire athlete in his 20's.  It will not be difficult at all to get another beautiful woman.  His GF gets to live a luxury lifestyle because of him, she should be grateful....she's incredibly lucky.  But instead, what she wanted was more important.

F that.  

• Agree 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean, not to sound insensitive but damn Kyle.  

This is your contract, your career.  You only have so many years, go where you want to go first.  You obviously liked what you hear from Buffalo....

So I know some guys that a p****whipped.  But I can understand...these guys just had the hardest time with women.  They don't know how to talk to them and too scared to approach any.  So when they get one, they hold onto them for dear life because it might be forever until they find another.

Kyle is a multimillionaire athlete in his 20's.  It will not be difficult at all to get another beautiful woman.  His GF gets to live a luxury lifestyle because of him, she should be grateful....she's incredibly lucky.  But instead, what she wanted was more important.

F that.  

Just now, jimmy10 said:

San Francisco sucks. It’s a major city built on the side of a cliff, it’s always 62 degrees, and it rains every day. 

California has weird weather...a lot of places out there have their warmest month of the year in September.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

He let his girlfriend dictate the terms of his multi-million dollar contract?

PU__Y WHIPPED.

Not really. If San Fran doesn't match then he is a Buffalo Bill. He was just willing to play somewhere else, provided the money wasn't any different to make his girlfriend happy. 

Although, I don't get the hysterics by these guys girlfriends. Most of these guys don't live in Buffalo year-round. They are only there during the season and training camp, otherwise, a majority live other places. It's not like she was going to be stuck there all year with no where to go. 

Edited by Watkins90
  • Like (+1) 1

Its unfortunate but he was able to get a matched offer by San Fran.  Dollars and cents were the same for both sides and his GF preferred to live in one city compared to the other.  If he took LESS money to sign with SF I would have been more pissed, but same $$ I cant fault him too much

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This thread is worthless without pics...

12caeeff5bd5a16bd2bb9a898c3444b4.jpg

Kyle-Juszczyk-Wife-Girlfriend-Family-Hei

kristinjuszczyk_20200119_40.png-nggid051

raven3.jpg

She's his wife now, btw.

Yeah, I'd rather have her and be in SF than alone in Buffalo. I dont blame him one bit.

I'd move back to buffalo if she told me to.

• Haha (+1) 2

Whatever, but I’ll say she comes across far more SoCal than NorCal. I also saw that he’s from Ohio. It’s funny how we rarely hear these things from USC or Florida guys, but the guys who say something about not coming to Buffalo are always from places like Ohio or Western PA. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1