Kyle Juszczyk was set to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.

chongli

[I searched and did not find this topic anywhere here. Please delete or merge if posted already.]

Ugh. Why does this stuff happen? He was a multi-time Pro Bowler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyle-juszczyks-hilarious-reason-signed-013412205.html

Excerpt:

"It seemed all but sure Juszczyk was headed to the Buffalo Bills in 2017 after spending his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens. However, Kristin, who was Juszczyk's girlfriend at the time, was in tears the night before he was set to sign because she did not want to live in Buffalo.

So, what did Juszczyk do? He did what any good boyfriend would do, and tried to find a compromise.

"The next day, I told my agent, 'Hey, if you can get San Francisco to just match [Buffalo's] offer, I'm there,'" Juszczyk said. "So, he came to them with that, and they did it.""

Edited by chongli
  • Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

• chongli changed the title to Kyle Juszczyk was going to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.

We don’t really use a fullback so I don’t know if he would be a fit here anyway but this used to happen all the time to the Bills where other teams would use us as leverage to sign elsewhere...now after 3 out 4 playoff births and a superstar at QB we can pick and choose the free agents we target  kinda like college football recruiting 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Appreciate you sharing, but it’s history.  He could’ve helped us and I believe an effective FB would help our running game.  Look what it did for SF in their SB year.  They had one of the best running games in football.  This year was just a mess for them in injuries at critical positions.  Next year they will come back.  We won’t face them for another three years which is good.

it’s too bad as the girl would’ve probably grown to love Buffalo.  Now they live in a beautiful city, but it’s one of the highest costs of living in the country.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

it’s too bad as the girl would’ve probably grown to love Buffalo.  Now they live in a beautiful city, but it’s one of the highest costs of living in the country.

Yep, I lived in the SF Bay Area for many years. Ridiculous prices and taxes. Too much crime.

34 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

He let his girlfriend dictate the terms of his multi-million dollar contract?

PU__Y WHIPPED.

You had the guts to say what I wanted to, lol! 

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to Kyle Juszczyk was set to sign with Buffalo in 2017. We got Patrick DiMarco instead.
1 minute ago, chongli said:

Yep, I lived in the SF Bay Area for any years. Ridiculous prices and taxes. Too much crime.

You had the guts to say what I wanted to, lol!

It’s funny you say that as my ex, wanted to go there so years ago, I flew with her on vacation to LA.  We drove up and down the PCH a number of cities in CA.  Of all the places we went and all the talk about how beautiful SF was to visit, I found it older and dirtier than expected and the bums everywhere in the streets was disgusting.  There were some good parts, but several other places were much more beautiful.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s funny you say that as my ex, wanted to go there so years ago, I flew with her on vacation to LA.  We drove up and down the PCH a number of cities in CA.  Of all the places we went and all the talk about how beautiful SF was to visit, I found it older and dirtier than expected and the bums everywhere in the streets was disgusting.  There were some good parts, but several other places were much more beautiful.

Yep...and some places are so bad they reek of feces and urine from all the homeless. The only good thing is the weather. But as you say, some arts are more beautiful. Glad you and your girl got to experience it.

• Like (+1) 2

Hmmm. I lived there about 15 years, walked by homeless people all the time, helped some here and there, and didn't find it too much of a problem.  Sure a homeless problem doesn't exactly add that Disney Sheen to a city, but you know what really sucked- a bunch of overpaid digital janitors coming in and douching up a previously very vibrant and uniquely historical city.  Classic architecture, bars, music venues, family restaurants, Gold Spike, Gold Dust, Slims. Caesar's gone through greed and boringness- wine bars and douchbaggery reign supreme. The city I totally loved is just frickin dead, and it had nothing to do with homelessness.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Since they play in Santa Clara probably unlikely they live in SF.  But your point is still the same.  The peninsula is very expensive. 

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Hmmm. I lived there about 15 years, walked by homeless people all the time, helped some here and there, and didn't find it too much of a problem.  Sure a homeless problem doesn't exactly add that Disney Sheen to a city, but you know what really sucked- a bunch of overpaid digital janitors coming in and douching up a previously very vibrant and uniquely historical city.  Classic architecture, bars, music venues, family restaurants, Gold Spike, Gold Dust, Slims. Caesar's gone through greed and boringness- wine bars and douchbaggery reign supreme. The city I totally loved is just frickin dead, and it had nothing to do with homelessness.  

You call someplace paradise
Kiss it goodbye  --- Eagles

• Awesome! (+1) 1

And as she stepped from the rented town car onto the San Francisco street, looking up at her new brownstone built sideways on a hill with complementary homeless doormen, and the smell of human ***** and rotted fish wafted across the city, she knew she was home.... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember when the bills were the front runner to sign him and then it didn’t happen. But didn’t know the backstory. He probably would have caught that deep pass in the Houston playoff game!

He also would have gotten the dozen 3rd and 1 first downs that Gore couldn't get in that game.

• Like (+1) 1