RIP Chick Corea

Rico

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

This one hits hard. Going on a marathon now starting at the start:

Thanks. You know, I have learned to really love Spotify, but I don't see that 1st album on there anywhere, wtf

EDIT Never mind, under Chick Corea DOH

Edited by Rico

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Thanks. You know, I have learned to really love Spotify, but I don't see that 1st album on there anywhere, wtf

Glad to post it for you... never have used spotify ever. Maybe because it was a smaller label, I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

No, I guess it's not a RTF album, it's a Chick Corea album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Forever_(Chick_Corea_album)

I always consider it the first one. Last time I saw them the lineup was Chick, Al, Stan, and Lenny... this was like 10 years ago at Ruth Eckert Hall in Clearwater. Stunning how great they were then... show ended and it was like wtf did I just see and hear.

As an aside... Flora Purim did some Great work with George Duke on some of his solo albums. She heard me cry lp would be the most notable imo.

• Like (+1) 1

I was fortunate to see Return to Forever in college in 1975.  Little did I know

how good they were.  I was just a young whippersnapper then and did not know better

RIP to one of the giants in the musical world.

Edited by LewPort71

• 11 months later...

Al Di Meola 
7h  · 
The great Chick Corea left this life one year ago today but the incredible music he gave us and the meaningful memories will live on in my mind forever. Joining Return to Forever was for me a dream come true. Chick was my favorite musician and RTF was my favorite band when I was 19 years old. It was a non stop groundbreaking musical journey. We were at the forefront of a new idiom called Jazz-Rock Fusion along with WEATHER REPORT and MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA. An extremely exciting time the mid 70’s were! Thank you, dear Chick for the legacy you gave to the world and for believing in me and giving me the chance to play with you, my hero!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.