The free agent defensive class is really good

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Here’s another name if Milano breaks the bank... Zack Cunningham.  If Texans are in tank mode, I’d be willing to give up at least a 2nd rounder for him.  His contract is very reasonable the next 3 years ($8-10m per year over 3 years).  

I’d rather pay milano and keep the 4 year 1M contract that a 2nd rd pick receives  Cunningham’s contract is 10, 11 then 12.5 mill. Makes no sense to trade a 2nd rd pick for him

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather pay milano and keep the 4 year 1M contract that a 2nd rd pick receives  Cunningham’s contract is 10, 11 then 12.5 mill. Makes no sense to trade a 2nd rd pick for him

I’d part with a 2nd round pick to pay Cunningham $10m per year for 4 years with only $10m guaranteed than Milano $14m per year with probably at least double the guaranteed money.  Cunningham is the better player.  

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d part with a 2nd round pick to pay Cunningham $10m per year for 4 years with only $10m guaranteed than Milano $14m per year with probably at least double the guaranteed money.  Cunningham is the better player.  

Milano + a 2nd pick is a better player imo 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Here’s another name if Milano breaks the bank... Zack Cunningham.  If Texans are in tank mode, I’d be willing to give up at least a 2nd rounder for him.  His contract is very reasonable the next 3 years ($8-10m per year over 3 years).  

Why don’t Cunningham go to ownership and ask for his release too👀

18 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, he's saying don't anticipate things because they're not going to happen. He doesn't "keep expectations low." Or high or anything else. He's always been open and honest. 

You're right that if the price is right, he'd be willing to pick up spectacular bargains that fell in his laps. But the odds on it happening are miniscule.

What we'll do, we'll bring in a bunch of guys to fill holes, low- and maybe a few mid-priced guys. The money isn't there for more.

There are reports that the Bills have already inquired about JJ Watt.  One Vegas odds maker had the Bills as 4th most likely to get him.

Beane chose his words carefully and "doesn't anticipate" doesn't mean "doesn't try" or "won't happen".  The value, fit, cost, all need to be worked out. 

Doesn't mean the Bills aren't trying for Watt/Hendrickson/ or J Smith (which coincides with my wish list - quit being a negative nancy on my wish list) - just means don't count on it happening.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Milano + a 2nd pick is a better player imo 

Couldn’t agree more ..people forget that a draft pick you are giving up is not this abstract thing... a 2nd round pick is a more than likely good player with  hopes of turning into an above average player that  you go without for 4 years

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Couldn’t agree more ..people forget that a draft pick you are giving up is not this abstract thing... a 2nd round pick is a more than likely good player with  hopes of turning into an above average player that  you go without for 4 years

👍🏻 So important.  The foundation of the team.  

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

oh, wow— you just brought back some memories. We may be around the same age. I used to love building franchises and developing players in Madden 2004. Totally forgot about that. Alas, with marriage, kids, and a job— my career as a Madden GM/HC is long over! 

Haven't played in over a dozen years. Growing up is lame. I wonder how the gameplay is these days?

On 2/13/2021 at 3:31 PM, Jerboski said:

Let Milano walk and sign the best coverage linebacker in football 

And who is that in your opinion?

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-free-agency-top-100-free-agents

I guess they somehow think we're gonna be able to create enough room to pay those guys $66 million per year.

I know, right? Crazy talk.

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And who is that in your opinion?

While I know this player is far from a carbon copy of the Milano / David type linebacker, I think Tyus Bowser could be an underrated free agent acquisition. Definitely wouldn't cost as much as the aforementioned FA linebackers, but I think if given the chance could perform at a very high level within this defense

21 minutes ago, stuvian said:

we're in win now mode. We won't draft high enough to land a star pass rusher for a long time. I think Beane makes a run at Von Miller or Shaq Barrett. 

Yeah...,I tend to agree with this.  While there are a handful of pass rushers that I like pegged to go 20-60, I don’t think any of them will be the big difference maker our D needs.  

im hoping we cut Addison, butler and Jefferson and add a true difference maker in FA.  Jerry, FA pass rusher, AJ and Daryl johnson at DE-  Ed, star, Harrison, Zimmer and a draft pick at DT

• Like (+1) 3