Watson vs Allen.

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think there's even one single post in this thread that says Watson isn't a good QB.

I don’t think there’s even one single post in this thread that accuses others of saying that Watson isn’t a good QB.

there’s a big difference between claiming watson isn’t good and talking nonsense.  

just a few posts above yours someone is accusing him of not being a great QB.....

do you think he’s a great QB?

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He missed one game in 3 years. Qbs don’t take close to the punishment anymore that’s why they are playing until their 40s.

and there is a reason why Watson has gotten universal support in wanting to leave them. It’s a joke organization. If the Bills traded Diggs for Leveon Bell, fired the coach and GM, then told him he’d have impact on the decision and never contact him, and then let a weirdo church guy run the team, Allen would be pissed too. 

do you question Stafford’s leadership or Wentz?

Stafford didn't ask for a trade, the club didn't want him. Wentz stunk and didn't think he would be the starter. Bad examples and who cares about media gasbags approving Watson's trade requests. Could you imagine your QB giving Buffalo the finger?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think there’s even one single post in this thread that accuses others of saying that Watson isn’t a good QB.

there’s a big difference between claiming watson isn’t good and talking nonsense.  

just a few posts above yours someone is accusing him of not being a great QB.....

do you think he’s a great QB?

You keep saying people are 'trashing' Watson. If your standard for 'trashing' him is the difference between good' instead of 'great', you are being unreasonable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Stafford didn't ask for a trade, the club didn't want him. Wentz stunk and didn't think he would be the starter. Bad examples and who cares about media gasbags approving Watson's trade requests. Could you imagine your QB giving Buffalo the finger?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30880411/matthew-stafford-says-trade-request-detroit-lions-was-hardest-conversation-ever-had-surprised-landed-los-angeles-rams%3fplatform=amp

but maybe we should take your word for it over Matt Stafford

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You keep saying people are 'trashing' Watson. If your standard for 'trashing' him is the difference between good' instead of 'great', you are being unreasonable.

20 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

If you're a diehard Texan fan do you endorse your franchise QBs request. They fired the GM and the clueless coach. They want to start again building around DeSean. How do you desert your teammates after going to war with them?. The guys a good QB. A good leader not so much. 

He’s always been known as a great leader.  This comment is trashing him.  If I’m being unreasonable in thinking that this comment is going overboard, than I’m ok being unreasonable.  

there are other comments in this thread that are similar.  I don’t have to quote them all in order to be reasonable.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’s always been known as a great leader.  This comment is trashing him.  If I’m being unreasonable in thinking that this comment is going overboard, than I’m ok being unreasonable.  

there are other comments in this thread that are similar.  I don’t have to quote them all in order to be reasonable.  

So everyone must agree in chorus that Deshaun Watson is a great QB and a great leader to satisfy you. Sounds totally reasonable.

Oh and anything to the contrary is 'trashing' him. lmfao good luck with that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

So everyone must agree in chorus that Deshaun Watson is a great QB and a great leader to satisfy you. Sounds totally reasonable.

Oh and anything to the contrary is 'trashing' him. lmfao good luck with that

no.....they don’t have to agree with me, but when they say things that 90% of the football world world would disagree with, ie: Watson isn’t a good leader......than I’m being totally reasonable with my comments.  Meanwhile, you trash me, for agreeing with the majority.  If this thread were to be in a sports website, rather than a Bills website, the conversation would be drastically different.  

There are several other posters in this thread are saying exactly what I’m saying.  One doesn’t have to talk bad about one player in order for Josh to be better.  Josh is better because he’s better....not because Watson is a bad leader.  Not because his team only won 4 games this year.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Big deal, they both wanted to end it. Stafford was there 12 years and wanted to leave before the new regime went a different direction. He said it was the hardest decision in his life. Far cry from Watson jumping ship after getting payed. What is this obsession with Watson?. Is this a normal reaction to an underachieving QB getting recognition from the Bills market? Let it go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

Big deal, they both wanted to end it. Stafford was there 12 years and wanted to leave before the new regime went a different direction. He said it was the hardest decision in his life. Far cry from Watson jumping ship after getting payed. What is this obsession with Watson?. Is this a normal reaction to an underachieving QB getting recognition from the Bills market? Let it go.

You literally said that he didn’t ask for a trade.  You’re spewing nonsense.  It’s not a big deal.  Just on par for the course.  

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Lol.  He’s an underachieving qb now.  Bwhahahahaha

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

You literally said that he didn’t ask for a trade.  You’re spewing nonsense.  It’s not a big deal.  Just on par for the course.  

Instead of playing gotcha, ask yourself is your obsession with defending your point, which is what exactly, healthy. Move on. The Lions had had it with Stafford. He may have requested a trade after he knew there would be a new regime. What does this have to do with Watson?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Instead of playing gotcha, ask yourself is your obsession with defending your point, which is what exactly, healthy. Move on. The Lions had had it with Stafford. He may have requested a trade after he knew there would be a new regime. What does this have to do with Watson?

This has to do with you spewing nonsense.

Someone said that stafford asked for a trade....and you took the time to reply to him and type something that is untrue and act as if it’s fact.  

You can have the last word. Just make it fact as opposed to fiction 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Dude, you’re a dishonest person. This literally took 2 seconds.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30880411/matthew-stafford-says-trade-request-detroit-lions-was-hardest-conversation-ever-had-surprised-landed-los-angeles-rams%3fplatform=amp

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Is Josh Allen great? Because if you say he is, the guy who done it for 4 years has to be as well.

and this whole thread is stupid but it’s the offseason. 

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Dude, you’re a dishonest person. This literally took 2 seconds.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30880411/matthew-stafford-says-trade-request-detroit-lions-was-hardest-conversation-ever-had-surprised-landed-los-angeles-rams%3fplatform=amp

Is Josh Allen great? Because if you say he is, the guy who done it for 4 years has to be as well.

and this whole thread is stupid but it’s the offseason. 

Done what for 4 years. Win one playoff game in ot. The Bills should have won that game because Watson stunk up the field for almost 3 qtrs. Josh had no receivers other than Smoke who played poorly. As a 2nd year QB he struggled. Stats are for losers to use to make a player who doesn't win seem better. With regard to Stafford asking to be traded, after 12 years of being pedestrian and starting over with a new GM and coach who the ownership wanted to change the QB position, he asked out before dumping him. You got me.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  He’s an underachieving qb now.  Bwhahahahaha

Got yourself a feisty one there! :)

Carry on, I won’t bother pushing that boulder up the hill. 

P.S. - I love Josh! 

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't think there's even one single post in this thread that says Watson isn't a good QB.

Bingo.  It seems that if we say Allen is better then Watson and that Allen is a top 5 QB while Watson is a top 10 QB that somehow we are trashing Watson. I don't get it.

Then when we point out why we think Watson is say the 6th or 7th best QB compared to Allen as the 2nd or 3rd best QB they claim we're trashing Watson! 

I just don't get the passion that these Bills fans have in defending Watson.  Like you point out GoBills808, it's not like we're saying Watson sucks.  If the Bills still had Tyrod at QB and Allen was playing for the Jets I would be all over Bean doing whatever it took to get Watson.

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bingo.  It seems that if we say Allen is better then Watson and that Allen is a top 5 QB while Watson is a top 10 QB that somehow we are trashing Watson. I don't get it.

Then when we point out why we think Watson is say the 6th or 7th best QB compared to Allen as the 2nd or 3rd best QB they claim we're trashing Watson! 

I just don't get the passion that these Bills fans have in defending Watson.  Like you point out GoBills808, it's not like we're saying Watson sucks.  If the Bills still had Tyrod at QB and Allen was playing for the Jets I would be all over Bean doing whatever it took to get Watson.

Best to just consider who’s upset and feel pity.

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Your passion in this thread for Watson is downright bizarre and puzzling. 

This is a Bills forum. Why are you so passionate about defending Watson? It's really weird.

I have eyes.  I can see 

Those that call me “passionate” about Deshaun Watson are misconstruing passion for feeling the need to tell the truth about what I see.  You act like I’m the only one here “defending Deshaun Watson”......there are several.  Why?  Because he’s a great QB and we have people here who say that he’s not too 5-6....but top 10......when it’s clear that he’s top 6 minimum to just about every football fan that has a clue

here’s the question to you?  Be specific please:  What am I saying about Watson that is so weird?  Please....help me understand 

I find it weird that some Bills fans are so clueless with regards to football.  I find it weird how some bills fans can spend so much time on a message board and know so very little about the sport they’re discussing.  

On 2/16/2021 at 8:15 AM, FireChans said:

You're JoshAllenReciepts.

It's obvious you got banned or suspended 2 weeks ago and came back to do the same song and dance.

You suck at trolling.

On 2/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, FireChans said:

I reported you for circumventing your ban.

Words cannot describe the disdain I have for someone who trolls so poorly as you. There's an artistry required that you inherently lack. Go back to the PFT comment section.

47 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Your passion in this thread for Watson is downright bizarre and puzzling. 

This is a Bills forum. Why are you so passionate about defending Watson? It's really weird.

He’s baaaaaaaack!!!

37 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Wow, so much wrong here.

1) Derrick Henry does NOT make Tannehill. Go and take a look at Henry's production in the 1st half of 2019 with Mariota at QB. Then look at Derrick Henry since Tannehill took over at QB. We are in Year 2021 - The Pass opens up the Run, not the other way around. Tannehill makes Henry way more than vice versa. Tannehill's ultra-efficient and accurate passing opens up the entire Titans offense and gives Henry running lanes. Derrick Henry's production took off the moment Tannehill was inserted into the starting lineup. Not a coincidence. To say that a RB "makes" a QB in 2021 is ludicrous and impossible. No RB "makes" his QB. Absurd statement.

2) Tannehill and Watson are VERY close. They are both in the same tier. You could even argue Tannehill is better. Watson's strength is as a straight dropback shotgun passer and freelancing outside of structure. There is no guarantee that he would thrive as a play-action passer like Tannehill has. This isn't Madden. Some QBs don't like turning their back to the defense (see Big Ben, he hates play-action and wants to see the Defense from shotgun).

Just curious, what did you think of Mariota his first couple years or so in the league? :D

Myself, I’ve always thought he was garbage.