Watson vs Allen.

48 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Just the fact Watson has had 2 ACLs makes Josh the choice. When Watson had all his weapons he managed an overtime playoff win against a Buffalo team that had little offensive talent and a 2nd year QB in his 1st playoffs. He underachieved badly last season while Josh was an legit MVP candidate. Josh has better arm talent and is a better leader, with 2 tough playoff wins against teams with great talent, there's no question it's Josh.

Sorry, but you need to look a little deeper into Watson and what he accomplished with SQUAT around him. I love Josh, but I want to be fair and reasonable. I’m all on team Josh, but I have to be fair to Watson. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing.htm

Don’t ignore the facts. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry, but you need to look a little deeper into Watson and what he accomplished with SQUAT around him. I love Josh, but I want to be fair and reasonable. I’m all on team Josh, but I have to be fair to Watson. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-ranking-the-59-starting-quarterbacks-of-the-2020-nfl-season

Don’t ignore the facts. 

What facts? He's got that 1 OT playoff win for his 4 year career. I don't care about some skewed statistical analysis. We pay on wins in football. He had Hopkins and Fuller for most of his career and played in a dome. If you would take Watson after seeing what Josh accomplished with zero run game and the Bills schedule, you're just being a partisan fan. Dig deeper for what? Now as a leader the guy wants to jump ship. Look at the way Josh takes losses on himself and the way his teammates support him. If you're really a Bills fan, appreciate this guy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

What facts? He's got that 1 OT playoff win for his 4 year career. I don't care about some skewed statistical analysis. We pay on wins in football. He had Hopkins and Fuller for most of his career and played in a dome. If you would take Watson after seeing what Josh accomplished with zero run game and the Bills schedule, you're just being a partisan fan. Dig deeper for what? Now as a leader the guy wants to jump ship. Look at the way Josh takes losses on himself and the way his teammates support him. If you're really a Bills fan, appreciate this guy. 

He does appreciate him..... are you blind?  Stop spewing nonsense.  

Mature adults realize that we don’t have to bash one player in order to appreciate another. We can appreciate multiple players and still be a “fan” of one player/team.

What he said about Watson has nothing to do with appreciating Josh.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He does appreciate him..... are you blind?  Stop spewing nonsense.  

Mature adults realize that we don’t have to bash one player in order to appreciate another. We can appreciate multiple players and still be a “fan” of one player/team.

What he said about Watson has nothing to do with appreciating Josh.  

The topic was Watson vs Allen. My reaction was to the post putting them on the same level or Watson being better. Blind is when you can't see something that's obvious. It's not about appreciating Watson as a good QB, it's who's better for your team right now. 

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

This post does the classic issue conflation. The bolded is widely and broadly accepted by if not everyone, then almost everyone, in this thread and I would submit almost everyone on the board. 

But the top bit is trying to make the Watson isn't that good argument. Which is just not true. He isn't as good as Allen. But he is a fair bit better than, at minimum, 26 NFL starting Quarterbacks. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Just the fact Watson has had 2 ACLs makes Josh the choice. When Watson had all his weapons he managed an overtime playoff win against a Buffalo team that had little offensive talent and a 2nd year QB in his 1st playoffs. He underachieved badly last season while Josh was an legit MVP candidate. Josh has better arm talent and is a better leader, with 2 tough playoff wins against teams with great talent, there's no question it's Josh.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Don’t ignore the facts. 

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

The topic was Watson vs Allen. My reaction was to the post putting them on the same level or Watson being better. Blind is when you can't see something that's obvious. It's not about appreciating Watson as a good QB, it's who's better for your team right now. 

You responded that the 2nd quote......

where does he say they are on the same level.....

Can you please explain where the “or Watson being better” comes from regarding the post you quoted, hence were replying to.  This should be interesting

He was giving credit to Watson after you said that he “underachieved badly last season”.  Watsons team underachieved last season.  Watson did his 1/11 as well as he ever has, with less weapons and half the game being played by a god awful defense, while he sits on the bench.  

Where does he insinuate that Watson is equal to (and even funnier, better than) allen?

I think blacked out and saw red before you can even comprehend what he wrote.  

Again....you don’t have to disparage one player in order to prop another up.  Watson did not “underachieve badly” last season.  Your comment is missed the mark and he let you know why.  It had nothing to do with allen vs Watson.  It had to do with Watson underachieving badly.  Get it?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This post does the classic issue conflation. The bolded is widely and broadly accepted by if not everyone, then almost everyone, in this thread and I would submit almost everyone on the board. 

But the top bit is trying to make the Watson isn't that good argument. Which is just not true. He isn't as good as Allen. But he is a fair bit better than, at minimum, 26 NFL starting Quarterbacks. 

Can't disagree, but in all fairness, there's a lot of pedestrian QB play out there. 

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You responded that the 2nd quote......

where does he say they are on the same level.....

Can you please explain where the “or Watson being better” comes from regarding the post you quoted, hence were replying to.  This should be interesting

He was giving credit to Watson after you said that he “underachieved badly last season”.  Watsons team underachieved last season.  Watson did his 1/11 as well as he ever has, with less weapons and half the game being played by a god awful defense, while he sits on the bench.  

Where does he insinuate that Watson is equal to (and even funnier, better than) allen?

I think blacked out and saw red before you can even comprehend what he wrote.  

Again....you don’t have to disparage one player in order to prop another up.  Watson did not “underachieve badly” last season.  Your comment is missed the mark and he let you know why.  It had nothing to do with allen vs Watson.  It had to do with Watson underachieving badly.  Get it?

With all this anger and knitpicking an inconsequential nuance in my response you might want to consider a hobby. As to Watson, you neglected the fact that he wants to jump ship when things go sideways. That’s a quality you want out of your franchise QB. By the way where's the big victories in his resume before this past lost season?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

With all this anger and knitpicking an inconsequential nuance in my response you might want to consider a hobby. As to Watson, you neglected the fact that he wants to jump ship when things go sideways. That’s a quality you want out of your franchise QB. By the way where's the big victories in his resume before this past lost season?

you just don’t get it.....as you continue to move the goal posts.

one post ago, you said that this was an allen vs Watson thread...and.....everyone has agreed (me included, several times) that allen is better than Watson.

So as it stands, you’re not arguing about who is better between the two.....now you’re only discrediting Watson just to discredit him.  Proving my point even more. Carry on

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

you just don’t get it.....as you continue to move the goal posts.

one post ago, you said that this was an allen vs Watson thread...and.....everyone has agreed (me included, several times) that allen is better than Watson.

So as it stands, you’re not arguing about who is better between the two.....now you’re only discrediting Watson just to discredit him.  Proving my point even more. Carry on

No, I get it but at the same time the original poster said to be fair to Watson you have to dig deeper. He referenced a statistical analysis that I dismissed because Josh brings more to the equation with leadership and production. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eastport bills said:

No, I get it but at the same time the original poster said to be fair to Watson you have to dig deeper. He referenced a statistical analysis that I dismissed because Josh brings more to the equation with leadership and production. 

It’s way over your head at this point my man.  You still don’t get it.  Really

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

You are just making up things about Watson. Allen was great this year. Watson has been great since entering the nfl. Not one single teammate has questioned Watson leadership. 

we all love the Bills here and obviously there will be biases here. But it would be nice to not just see people make up stuff. Watson has been a borderline top 5 qb for 3 years. Allen was one this year. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It’s way over your head at this point my man.  You still don’t get it.  Really

What point am I missing young fella. Enlighten me. Watson is flawed by injuries and poor leadership in his resume. You want me to say he's great. Sorry 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You are just making up things about Watson. Allen was great this year. Watson has been great since entering the nfl. Not one single teammate has questioned Watson leadership. 

we all love the Bills here and obviously there will be biases here. But it would be nice to not just see people make up stuff. Watson has been a borderline top 5 qb for 3 years. Allen was one this year. 

I guess playoff wins or lack there of, along with demanding trades leaving your teammates out to dry, defines leadership and big time production in your eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

What point am I missing young fella. Enlighten me. Watson is flawed by injuries and poor leadership in his resume. You want me to say he's great. Sorry 

I guess playoff wins or lack there of, along with demanding trades leaving your teammates out to dry, defines leadership and big time production in your eyes.

I have already attempted to enlighten you.  

Sometimes you just have to move on to the next project when the one you’re working on is deemed a waste of time.

good day sir

• Dislike 1

Please site an example of one teammate questioning Watson’s leadership?

Allen and Watson both missed games their rookie year. Allen hasn’t missed a game since and Watson has missed 1 in 3 years. You’re making things up. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Please site an example of one teammate questioning Watson’s leadership?

Allen and Watson both missed games their rookie year. Allen hasn’t missed a game since and Watson has missed 1 in 3 years. You’re making things up. 

Maybe you need an interpreter. I said he demanded a trade after getting a contract that is commensurate with top 3 or 4 QB in football. He has two ACL surgeries making him more vulnerable to knee injuries. These are facts Cbuscuit.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe you need an interpreter. I said he demanded a trade after getting a contract that is commensurate with top 3 or 4 QB in football. He has two ACL surgeries making him more vulnerable to knee injuries. These are facts Cbuscuit.

He missed one game in 3 years. Qbs don’t take close to the punishment anymore that’s why they are playing until their 40s.

and there is a reason why Watson has gotten universal support in wanting to leave them. It’s a joke organization. If the Bills traded Diggs for Leveon Bell, fired the coach and GM, then told him he’d have impact on the decision and never contact him, and then let a weirdo church guy run the team, Allen would be pissed too. 

do you question Stafford’s leadership or Wentz?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He missed one game in 3 years. Qbs don’t take close to the punishment anymore that’s why they are playing until their 40s.

and there is a reason why Watson has gotten universal support in wanting to leave them. It’s a joke organization. If the Bills traded Diggs for Leveon Bell, fired the coach and GM, then told him he’d have impact on the decision and never contact him, and then let a weirdo church guy run the team, Allen would be pissed too. 

do you question Stafford’s leadership or Wentz?

If you're a diehard Texan fan do you endorse your franchise QBs request. They fired the GM and the clueless coach. They want to start again building around DeSean. How do you desert your teammates after going to war with them?. The guys a good QB. A good leader not so much. 

• Like (+1) 2