Watson vs Allen.

1 minute ago, SGA50 said:

1000% true

Ball Velocity at the NFL Combine

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

Josh Allen Wyoming 62 (Left) 62 (Right)

-------------

Hmmm...let's see here. 8 home games in cold, windy Buffalo (and a road game at Foxboro)....do I want a 45mph Noodle Arm or a 62mph Cannon? 

Tough decision. NOT

This is a silly discussion. Like I said - the Bills would not even accept TWO 1ST ROUND PICKS on top of Watson, for Josh. Watson is not a fit in Buffalo, at all. Josh is the vastly better QB in every way shape or form. It is not debatable whatsoever.

Lock this silly thread please.

1 - it is stupid because it will never happen.

2 - Not taking Watson and 2 1sts for Allen is certainly an opinion.

19 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Josh is better than Watson & always will be.  Watson was 4-12 this past season.  No team with Josh Allen as the starting QB would ever go 4-12.  Even in Josh's rookie year, with no offensive line or WRs, Josh willed the team to 5 wins out of the 11 games he started.  Watson loses, Josh wins.  Wins are the most important statistic because a QB makes everyone around him better.  Josh does that, Watson doesn't.  

...OR the defense played really well and kept us in games, despite Allen's rookie struggles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I can't ever imagine an Allen led team only winning 4 games like Watson's team did this year.  During Allen's rookie year the Bills were not a very talented team but he still won close to half of his starts.  Allen is better than Watson in my opinion.  

Again this is stupid because they are both top 5 qbs. But let’s not make up things here.

2020 - Houston’s defense was 3rd worst in yards (416.8) and gave up 29 points/ game. Watson accounted for 5200 (lost yards on sacks) yards of their 6004 total yards with the second worst running attack in the nfl. 

2018 - Buffalo averaged 298.6 yards per game, 16.8 points/ game, had the 9th best running attack, and had the 2nd best defense in terms of yards and gave up 23.4 points/ game.

This is crazy but if Watson had the 9th best running attack and the 2nd best defense this year, I think they win more than 4 games. Why people are bashing Watson is really strange. Both him and Allen are awesome and Watson is off to one of the best career starts of any qb in history. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This. I have never heard of little guy Ricco. 

Deshaun Watson is great but I wouldn't swap Josh Allen for him. 

It’s Rico.  He owns Buffalo Fanatics (iirc).  It’s a YouTube channel.  He does a show 2-3 times a week and has other podcasters do shows on the other nights.  He’s had Isaiah mckenzie, Mario Addison, John fina and other bills/former bills on the show.  Mckenzie was on a few time this year.  I believe it’s the most lucrative Bills fan channel. Pretty sure he gets more views than Erik Turner @ cover1.   I enjoy both channels.

Josh is better than Watson

Josh is better than Mahomes

Josh is better than Rodgers

Josh is better than Brady

Josh would never only win 4 games

Josh would’ve won the a super bowl if he was on the chiefs

get over it. Josh is great. Be happy.  No need to compare him to anyone and everyone.  Feel fortunate 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Again this is stupid because they are both top 5 qbs. But let’s not make up things here.

2020 - Houston’s defense was 3rd worst in yards (416.8) and gave up 29 points/ game. Watson accounted for 5200 (lost yards on sacks) yards of their 6004 total yards with the second worst running attack in the nfl. 

2018 - Buffalo averaged 298.6 yards per game, 16.8 points/ game, had the 9th best running attack, and had the 2nd best defense in terms of yards and gave up 23.4 points/ game.

This is crazy but if Watson had the 9th best running attack and the 2nd best defense this year, I think they win more than 4 games. Why people are bashing Watson is really strange. Both him and Allen are awesome and Watson is off to one of the best career starts of any qb in history. 

I didn't bash him.  I said Allen was better.  I stand by my opinion, Allen would never go 4-12 as a starter. 

3 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I didn't bash him.  I said Allen was better.  I stand by my opinion, Allen would never go 4-12 as a starter. 

He was terrible as a rookie and played with the number 2 defense. 

do you honestly believe if Watson had the number 2 defense, he wins 4 games? Or if Beane was putting together the team instead of O’Brien? They traded away the best receiver in football for a washed up rb while we used a 1st for Diggs? 

You do realize football is a team game right? Brees would be on the number 1 offense and have 7 wins. Does that mean he was the reason that team didn’t win?

Because that’s absolutely insane. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

4 hours ago, SGA50 said:

1000% true

Ball Velocity at the NFL Combine

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

Deshaun Watson Clemson 45 (Left) 45 (Right)

Josh Allen Wyoming 62 (Left) 62 (Right)

-------------

Hmmm...let's see here. 8 home games in cold, windy Buffalo (and a road game at Foxboro)....do I want a 45mph Noodle Arm or a 62mph Cannon? 

Tough decision. NOT

This is a silly discussion. Like I said - the Bills would not even accept TWO 1ST ROUND PICKS on top of Watson, for Josh. Watson is not a fit in Buffalo, at all. Josh is the vastly better QB in every way shape or form. It is not debatable whatsoever.

Lock this silly thread please.

Dude, cool your jets with the hostile snark. Jeez. Allen played in all of two inclement weather games this season - KC and Baltimore. The offense scored 17 and 10 points. As for Watson, he threw 49, not 45 (http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2019-nfl-draft/2019/03/10/ball-velocity-is-bunk/ and https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22529), but the real takeaway is that the number was wildly non-predictive of performance -- just like Allen's completion percentage in college was non-predictive. Why people have to trash one player as part of praising another player is beyond me.   They're both good players. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Dude, cool your jets with the hostile snark. Jeez. Allen played in all of two inclement weather games this season - KC and Baltimore. The offense scored 17 and 10 points. As for Watson, he threw 49, not 45 (http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2019-nfl-draft/2019/03/10/ball-velocity-is-bunk/ and https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?i=22529), but the real takeaway is that the number was wildly non-predictive of performance -- just like Allen's completion percentage in college was non-predictive. Why people have to trash one player as part of praising another player is beyond me.   They're both good players. 

I remember we used to do it with players on the bills at the same position. Like you couldn’t like Fred Jackson or Marshawn Lynch.  When did our society just become either or? It’s weird. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

but the real takeaway is that the number was wildly non-predictive of performance -- just like Allen's completion percentage in college was non-predictive. Why people have to trash one player as part of praising another player is beyond me.   They're both good players. 

It is one of the most useless numbers going.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How many yards that Watson got was in garbage time

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, SGA50 said:

Bingo.

Josh Allen would never start a full 16 game season and only win 4 games. Never!

Josh Allen would never lose a football game by a score of 10-7. Think about it: 10 to 7. Never!

All you need is basic level common sense to know that Josh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Watson. 

How about 22-0?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809300gnb.htm

21 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Josh has never had a below average defense in his career.

He has, however, commanded the 30th and 24th best offenses in the NFL.

Meanwhile, Deshaun Watson has never commanded a below average offense in his career.

I love Josh. Probably wouldn't trade him for Watson at this point. But if you have to tear down Watson because of some weird Josh Allen insecurity, you need to look in a mirror.

It's like Pats fans saying Peyton Manning sucks.  It's just embarrassing and weird.

Edited by FireChans

16 minutes ago, SGA50 said:

Rookie Year versus Year 4?

22-0 is not 10-7

You do realize Allen lost to Watson in the playoffs just last year, right? A game Buffalo lead 16-0 in the 3rd quarter.

At this point in time I take Allen over Watson if I had to choose one or the other. But let's stop pretending like Watson isn't a great quarterback.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

You do realize Allen lost to Watson in the playoffs just last year, right?

at this point in time I take Allen over Watson if I had to choose one of the other. But let's stop pretending like Watson isn't a great quarterback.

This. There are rational people who recognise this. Then there are some other people. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SGA50 said:

Rookie Year vs Year 4 tho

Wow u are reaching 

It appears he could lose any game with 0 points scored tho huh.

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

I think Josh will take his team closer to a championship because he makes his teammates better and he wants to win so bad.  Watson is probably the superior athlete but in the end Allen will definitely be the better athlete

I think Josh is the better athlete personally.

Watson is a good runner but I think Josh has the combo of size/speed that make him a better weapon with the ball in his hands.

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

You do realize Allen lost to Watson in the playoffs just last year, right? A game Buffalo lead 16-0 in the 3rd quarter.

At this point in time I take Allen over Watson if I had to choose one or the other. But let's stop pretending like Watson isn't a great quarterback.

Yeah, thanks to a TD that was negated after men in black shirts came onto the field...