Watson vs Allen.

To all you fans out there that want to explore if Watson is better than Allen and if the Texans offered  Watson for Josh Allen the Bills should think about it.  Little guy Ricco on Bills Fanatics said Watson is better than Allen look at the Stats.    Here is the Major reason why Allen is better than Watson. Josh is  throwing in Buffalo, Watson is throwing in a Dome.  Has  Watson, ever in his career played in the cold?  He played at Clemson I don't recall their weather being blizzard like and in the pros he plays in a division with the Colts dome team, Tennessee warm weather team, and Jacksonville Warm weather team no where near the Weather Josh plays in.   Be thankful Buffalo you found the prototype QB to play in Buffalo's weather.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Watson is good but not at Allen’s level. Allen has a stronger arm and is a better runner.  Allen senses the pocket better and is more likely to survive against a great pass rush. Josh needs good but not franchise level tackles to be successful, so he reduces OL costs significantly relative to Watson. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Both are good. I don't really know why we have to compare all these guys. It's ok to like all of them, or dislikes all of them, for that matter.

We have Josh Allen as our QB. He took his first steps into the elite realm of QB's. He is going to be the face of the franchise for a long time.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

To all you fans out there that want to explore if Watson is better than Allen and if the Texans offered  Watson for Josh Allen the Bills should think about it.  Little guy Ricco on Bills Fanatics said Watson is better than Allen look at the Stats.    Here is the Major reason why Allen is better than Watson. Josh is  throwing in Buffalo, Watson is throwing in a Dome.  Has  Watson, ever in his career played in the cold?  He played at Clemson I don't recall their weather being blizzard like and in the pros he plays in a division with the Colts dome team, Tennessee warm weather team, and Jacksonville Warm weather team no where near the Weather Josh plays in.   Be thankful Buffalo you found the prototype QB to play in Buffalo's weather.

who is little guy Ricco? 

I love Watson but I’m still taking Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is better than Watson & always will be.  Watson was 4-12 this past season.  No team with Josh Allen as the starting QB would ever go 4-12.  Even in Josh's rookie year, with no offensive line or WRs, Josh willed the team to 5 wins out of the 11 games he started.  Watson loses, Josh wins.  Wins are the most important statistic because a QB makes everyone around him better.  Josh does that, Watson doesn't.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Josh is better than Watson & always will be.  Watson was 4-12 this past season.  No team with Josh Allen as the starting QB would ever go 4-12.  Even in Josh's rookie year, with no offensive line or WRs, Josh willed the team to 5 wins out of the 11 games he started.  Watson loses, Josh wins.  Wins are the most important statistic because a QB makes everyone around him better.  Josh does that, Watson doesn't.  

I agree, Watson is nice but he doesn't really seem to elevate anyone around him.

Then again, I do not watch too many Texans games zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Disagree 1

I don't really see a comparison. Watson is a nice QB and can win a lot of games.  Allen is on a different level, and there really isn't a comparison when you consider ceilings.

I don't think that's a homer take.  Watson isn't going to get much better than where he is, which is very good.  We really don't know where Allen will end up - and he's already clearly better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Ehhhhh Allen is here. There’s no trades involving him happening while he plays at this level. Not a big fan of these hypotheticals cause every system is different. We were a running team protecting an inexperienced raw quarterback the last couple years. Then we’re a lethal pass heavy team. 
Watson has never really had a run game in Houston so the stats are always gonna point his way. If we use just this year well they were losing a ton so his stats don’t tell the whole story. I don’t dislike Watson but I’m not a fan of what’s going on in Houston from him or the team. I’m happy with what we have. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Both are good. I don't really know why we have to compare all these guys. It's ok to like all of them, or dislikes all of them, for that matter.

We have Josh Allen as our QB. He took his first steps into the elite realm of QB's. He is going to be the face of the franchise for a long time.

You don't know why people want to compare athletes with each other?

Because it brings up interesting debate?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I like Josh better. I can see him getting drunker than Brady at a Bills Superbowl parade. That's the mark of a great QB!

Yes, but the mark of a HOF Bills QB is how drunk he can get the night before the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Allen is better.  It is not even close. When their careers are complete everyone will know.  

It’s still a team game, and SO MUCH depends upon what surrounds them. Part of the reason Watson wants out of Houston, I’m sure.  If, at the end of his career, Josh is viewed as the better QB that means he’s been surrounded by talent and has had abundant success. I’m good with that! 

EDIT: I am NOT saying Josh isn’t better, just that a QB needs talent around him to reach his potential. 

Edited by Augie