Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

Guys left hanging out there that I'd kick the tires on;

Geno Atkins(wouldn't mind getting him cheap and bringing him in only in pass rush situations so he can stay fresh and healthy and mentor Ed and AJ. 

Kawaan Short- basically hasn't played the last two seasons so either you think he's just gonna get injured again or he finally has the time to get really healthy and would be a solid piece in rotation at the right price.

Melvin Ingram- Patella sprain cost him 9 games last season, and his best play has been with Bosa on the other side, but is a very good edge rusher and could be gotten on the cheap as a fit in a rush rotation chasing a ring.

Houston/Kerrigan/Vernon- all could be rush options opposite Hughes, all depends on the rotations and price

Jesse James-seems like a solid player could replace smith with upside

Jordan Reed

Duke Johnson-3rd down back, camp fodder/competition

Malik Hooker

Kwon Alexander

Brian Poole- haven't watched much tape so might not be a scheme fit but could be good competition in camp, played well in the slot the last couple years

Bashaud Breeland/Gareon Conley/Rasul Douglas

Adrian Clayborn, Maurice Hurst, Daniel McCullers, Dion Jordan, Vic Beasley, LaQuan Treadwell, Kyle Peko, Deatrich Wise- fodder, depth, rotation

And theres a whole mess load of 30-40 year old linemen for camp fodder

Mostly just hope and camp fodder, a couple of long shots who could work out in a proper organization and locker room and mentors/leaders

Edited by just1hugheser
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Guys left hanging out there that I'd kick the tires on;

Geno Atkins(wouldn't mind getting him cheap and bringing him in only in pass rush situations so he can stay fresh and healthy and mentor Ed and AJ. 

Kawaan Short- basically hasn't played the last two seasons so either you think he's just gonna get injured again or he finally has the time to get really healthy and would be a solid piece in rotation at the right price.

Melvin Ingram- Patella sprain cost him 9 games last season, and his best play has been with Bosa on the other side, but is a very good edge rusher and could be gotten on the cheap as a fit in a rush rotation chasing a ring.

Houston/Kerrigan/Vernon- all could be rush options opposite Hughes, all depends on the rotations and price

Jesse James-seems like a solid player could replace smith with upside

Jordan Reed

Duke Johnson-3rd down back, camp fodder/competition

Malik Hooker

Kwon Alexander

Brian Poole- haven't watched much tape so might not be a scheme fit but could be good competition in camp, played well in the slot the last couple years

Bashaud Breeland/Gareon Conley/Rasul Douglas

Adrian Clayborn, Maurice Hurst, Daniel McCullers, Dion Jordan, Vic Beasley, LaQuan Treadwell, Kyle Peko, Deatrich Wise- fodder, depth, rotation

And theres a whole mess load of 30-40 year old linemen for camp fodder

Mostly just hope and camp fodder, a couple of long shots who could work out in a proper organization and locker room and mentors/leaders

At this point I think these guys will for the most part be post draft signings. You might get one or two teams who get a little nervous and make a move before. 
Of that list, Ingram intrigues me the most. Good teammate from what i watched on Hard Knocks and I think he has some juice left. 

agreed any signings at this point for the bigger names will be post draft, in all honesty most of these guys aren't in the conversations based off what kind of money they would want, I'd literally only bring them in for bare minimum.

Ingram and Hooker would be the two I might actually have some interest in.  Hooker only because of his age and athleticism, kind of like Treadwell maybe a proper locker room and organization and some coaching with a change of scenery and can be a reset/opportunity to show that innate, latent talent(had to sorry).