Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think the Bucs Franchising Godwin is about the silliest move I've ever heard...especially this season. 

Not a top 5 guy...these are the things that blow up salaries across the league.

Godwin is, very truly, a special WR. Having Evans opposite him has led people to not see him as elite as Evans gets the deep ball. But, if you gave me the choice of him or Evans, I would take Godwin every day. He has elite route running skills and some of the best hands in the league. He is worth that money.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

It's still significantly stronger than last year's. Last year, the top free agent on the market was Robby Anderson and Breshad Perriman. This year, you have Juju Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Curtis Samuel, and Marvin Jones, all of whom are arguably on the level of the #1 option last year. It's still a very strong free agent class of WRs, just missing the top 2 choices.

True it's better than last year.  But the majority of them are #2 WRs at best (now).

8 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think the Bucs Franchising Godwin is about the silliest move I've ever heard...especially this season. 

Not a top 5 guy...these are the things that blow up salaries across the league.

I hear you. At this point, I'm not second guessing their front office moves. They brought home the Lombardi Trophy. 

13 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Godwin is, very truly, a special WR. Having Evans opposite him has led people to not see him as elite as Evans gets the deep ball. But, if you gave me the choice of him or Evans, I would take Godwin every day. He has elite route running skills and some of the best hands in the league. He is worth that money.

Idk if I'd take him over Evans, but they're both elite WRs in my opinion. Locking him in was a no-brainer.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Was an obvious move for them since he's overpaid and it's $0 dead cap. If he comes back 100%, he's probably worth roughly half that money. Would be a nice fit here though IMO, as he's a LB that flies around the field. I think he'd compliment Edmunds pretty well.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Was an obvious move for them since he's overpaid and it's $0 dead cap. If he comes back 100%, he's probably worth roughly half that money. Would be a nice fit here though IMO, as he's a LB that flies around the field. I think he'd compliment Edmunds pretty well.

Played LB for Leslie Frazier in Tampa also. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'm suspicious of recovery from torn Achilles - not of this guy in particular but just that in general it seems like a hard injury to come back from 100%.

Am I behind the times?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm suspicious of recovery from torn Achilles - not of this guy in particular but just that in general it seems like a hard injury to come back from 100%.

Am I behind the times?

Agreed. Achilles recovery is much better now than it used to be (Marino barely being able to move in the pocket after his comes to mind), but guys are never 100% the same after that injury.

That said, I'd be on-board with Kwon.

Edited by 947

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If you can bring him in for 5.5-6.5 million a year I'd love the Bills to take the risk.  A little scary that he hasnt played a full season since his ACL.  But in terms of cuts he peaks my interest.

• Agree 1

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1369766542481575937?s=19

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This has McDermott written all over it. He loves Iowa players and he was a state champion wrestler. 

Get it done

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1