Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If teams want Alan Robinson now they have to give up a pick. Lol Jets fans really thought they were getting him. 

Yeah I didn’t see the Bears letting him walk. What a weak free agent wide receiver crop this is going to be.

Edited by Doc

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

Just read that Chris Carson is going to be a FA.  Not a fan of paying big $ to RBs, but he is exactly the kind of back we’ve needed the past couple years.

Injury proned and overrated. Some RBs are every down backs, others are 3rd down backs- Carson, he is a 3rd game back- always ready to play in that 3rd game after coming back from an injury only to get injured again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Injury proned and overrated. Some RBs are every down backs, others are 3rd down backs- Carson, he is a 3rd game back- always ready to play in that 3rd game after coming back from an injury only to get injured again.

He has had injuries, but I think he is as injury prone as any other running back.   He's missed five games the last two seasons, Singletary who is a younger back has missed 4 in the same timeframe.

Carson is a productive back.  I would argue he is actually underrated.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Phillips position is def. 1TDT.  Butler may have been asked to play 1TDT but both he, Jefferson, and AFAIK Zimmer were signed on as 3TDT's.

So you really can't look at it as a comparison of 'production' - and what does production mean to you from a DT anyway?

Your right. I was looking at 4 DT's, not specifically 1 vs 3.. but add Star and I am guessing one in the draft. 

As to production, something like a couple of sacks, FF's or at least a good push from the middle that we are missing. 

50 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He has had injuries, but I think he is as injury prone as any other running back.   He's missed five games the last two seasons, Singletary who is a younger back has missed 4 in the same timeframe.

Carson is a productive back.  I would argue he is actually underrated.

Selective citation here. You shouldn't have to cherry pick stats.

Truth is the guy has never played a full season.  He averages playing just over 11 games in a season for his career and has played in 2/4 playoff games.

He is Mr. Glass.

Pat Macafee said something interesting today on his show. I must also mention I haven't followed the specifics of Dak's contract number this year. 

But he said something along the lines of "Do you think Jerry knows something in that the Cap is going to be much higher than we are hearing"? I just though that was interesting as isn't this week supposed to be a blood bath of players getting cut..

This could also just be Pat being Pat lol 

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This is a pipe dream for the Bills but man I would love his fit in this offense. I'm so in love with the idea I'm trying to think through how we could make it work. Let Williams and Milano and Brown all walk, cut the d-line underperformers and maybe even Hughes. Yeah probably not realistic but fun to think about. If I had to guess I'd say he goes to the Colts.

One of the most memorable games I attended as a Wyo Cowboy fan was against Kenny Golladay's UNI team in Laramie.  Evening game with a two hour rain delay that went into three overtimes.  The game was a Josh Allen vs Kenny Golladay slugfest, with Josh winning the game on a QB scramble to end the game in OT #3.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

One of the most memorable games I attended as a Wyo Cowboy fan was against Kenny Golladay's UNI team in Laramie.  Evening game with a two hour rain delay that went into three overtimes.  The game was a Josh Allen vs Kenny Golladay slugfest, with Josh winning the game on a QB scramble to end the game in OT #3.

Reminds me of when Allen played the Lions (Stafford/Golladay) a couple years ago. Golladay was amazing. Allen won. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Selective citation here. You shouldn't have to cherry pick stats.

Truth is the guy has never played a full season.  He averages playing just over 11 games in a season for his career and has played in 2/4 playoff games.

He is Mr. Glass.

You're including a season where he missed 12 games due to injury.  Missing that much time was an outlier.  Using that same logic guys like Saquon Barkley and Dalvin Cook are also "Mr. Glass."    The bottom line is runningbacks miss games.   I dont see Carson's first season as statistically relevant because again, for him to miss serious time with an injury is an outlier.

Its fine if you disagree, but the guy is a good back. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah I didn’t see the Bears letting him walk. What a weak free agent wide receiver crop this is going to be.

It's still significantly stronger than last year's. Last year, the top free agent on the market was Robby Anderson and Breshad Perriman. This year, you have Juju Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Curtis Samuel, and Marvin Jones, all of whom are arguably on the level of the #1 option last year. It's still a very strong free agent class of WRs, just missing the top 2 choices.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could get on board with him on a cheap deal. Certainly not a sexy pickup but he'd bring positional flexibility which McDermott generally likes and he's been good like 4 of the past 5 years (of course the one year he wasn't good was this past year so he could just be declining).

5 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I think the Bucs Franchising Godwin is about the silliest move I've ever heard...especially this season. 

Not a top 5 guy...these are the things that blow up salaries across the league.

He's a top 10 or so WR and he just turned 25; he was probably going to get more than this on the open market.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You're including a season where he missed 12 games due to injury.  Missing that much time was an outlier.  Using that same logic guys like Saquon Barkley and Dalvin Cook are also "Mr. Glass."    The bottom line is runningbacks miss games.   I dont see Carson's first season as statistically relevant because again, for him to miss serious time with an injury is an outlier.

Its fine if you disagree, but the guy is a good back. 

Yes- Hence Mr. Glass. I don't cherry pick seasons to support my take. I take the whole picture. Also yes Dalvin Cook is also fragile. Barkley I wouldn't quite put there yet(only played 3 seasons). 

If Carson isn't fragile then name some RB that is so we can at least establish a base for 'fragile'

Edited by MrSarcasm