Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes on Mr. Cook I know he’s 33 but I’d give him a 1 year deal to play with Josh still very productive down there with NO 

Cook as a replacement for Kroft or Smith would be good.

I still think Knox is going to be our best option as TE1, and I fully expect him to take his game to the next level. He is, by far, the most athletic TE compared to any other guy that will be floating out on the market.  Can he finally put it together?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I completely disagree. The NFL isn't a profit sharing organization. The owners make the profit and the players are their employees. The coaches and executives and other employees won't be impacted, just the players. More to the point if teams have to release quality players it means the product will be worse and there will be a bunch of 1-year deals which will hinder long term development. It isn't a good look for the NFL no matter how you cut it.

Nah, it just raises up the have nots. Should be an interesting year. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Does this mean Golliday/Jones Jr. could be had in FA???

I’d take jones if he could be had for less than John brown money,

but I think he’s gonna get paid 10M+.  Golladay is gonna be too much $ unless he wants to come to Buffalo to win a ring and thrive playing opposite Diggs,

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

James Connor not expected back with Pitt.

He’s only 25 

I don't think he brings much more than Moss, no thanks.

10 hours ago, Rubes said:

Yeah, on top of teams releasing guys to get under the cap, teams will release some guys to get cheap upgrades. It will be interesting to see how this year will effect the next CBA negotiations. 

8 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Yeah, on top of teams releasing guys to get under the cap, teams will release some guys to get cheap upgrades. It will be interesting to see how this year will effect the next CBA negotiations. 

It will be interesting to see the impact and how teams exploit it to get cheaper contracts for the year, but I doubt this has any impact on the next CBA because that agreement was just signed.  The players would need to hold on to this for the next 8 years and that will be nearly impossible.

If revenue returns and the new TV deals kick in - next years cap would have been 225-235+ million - it will be slightly lower as the they pull out some for this year.  Suddenly every team is going to be flushed with cash and next years FA will be given stupid deals as competition heats up.  A few years of that and this cap drop will be a long forgotten nightmare as every position rises with the new contracts.

18 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

James Connor not expected back with Pitt.

He’s only 25 

Connor is a turd at this point in his career. He had a good year or 2 when Pitt's OL was elite, but he was awful last year. He doesn't bring anything we don't already have at RB & will cost more than a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

It will be interesting to see the impact and how teams exploit it to get cheaper contracts for the year, but I doubt this has any impact on the next CBA because that agreement was just signed.  The players would need to hold on to this for the next 8 years and that will be nearly impossible.

If revenue returns and the new TV deals kick in - next years cap would have been 225-235+ million - it will be slightly lower as the they pull out some for this year.  Suddenly every team is going to be flushed with cash and next years FA will be given stupid deals as competition heats up.  A few years of that and this cap drop will be a long forgotten nightmare as every position rises with the new contracts.

Laywers + millions of $$ at stake = memory.

What I'm generally referring to is the owners claim that they can't share more of the pie because they take a risk owning the business so they are entitled to their cut. I think this pandemic fallout will throw water on that argument, if they even decide to use that as a negotiating point.

The nice thing about all the players being cut this offseason is we could conceivably fill our needs in free agency without going against the comp pick formua. Assuming Milano and a couple other free Bills free agents get re-signed elsewhere, maybe Williams too, this should be the first offseason in a while that we actually earn comp picks.

• Like (+1) 1