Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Feel they need to do more opposite Diggs if you release Brown.... look at KC and TB. Stacked at the skills position. Think we need to find a decent replacement for him if they do release him. 

Yeah, I'm with ya there. I just don't know how highly they prioritize adding a receiver. I'm sure they will via draft or FA as they always love to create competition, just not sure how much they'd spend on a FA or in which round they'd draft one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think they need to move-on from John Brown.  He's got a bad mix of age and cap number.  That being said, they need to replace his speed on offense so I'd talk to Stills and see what he'd be willing to take.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I think they need to move-on from John Brown.  He's got a bad mix of age and cap number.  That being said, they need to replace his speed on offense so I'd talk to Stills and see what he'd be willing to take.

I'm sure one of two things is true:

1) after having a 3 week look at Stills, they decided he wasn't their kind of guy

2) they've already talked to Stills and his agent; he may already have an offer in hand (Darron Lee is said to have called into a talk show and said that he had an offer in hand from the Bills)

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was thinking Short could be a potential cut and interesting add for the Bills based on his injuries the past two years and the massive amount of money Carolina would owe him in 2021. In my opinion, he's much more likely to have a Daryl Williams bounce back season than become a Vontae Davis. As the tweet mentioned, Short was previously an elite run defender and former Pro Bowler who played the best years of his career under Sean McDermott (and next to Star!). 

If we can bring him in on a one year deal (incentive-laden if possible) for $2-4 million, I would do that in a heart beat. Good risk-reward for the Bills at a position of need and good for Kawann Short who gets to play for a contender with world-class medical facilities and his former DC. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Or they could extend Brown 1 year, lower his cap his dramatically and not create another need. We can lower his cap hit significantly with some pretty basic changes in structure. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure one of two things is true:

1) after having a 3 week look at Stills, they decided he wasn't their kind of guy

2) they've already talked to Stills and his agent; he may already have an offer in hand (Darron Lee is said to have called into a talk show and said that he had an offer in hand from the Bills)

I wish they had signed Stills sooner so that he could have gotten into a real game near the end of the season.  And I'm sure they offered both cheap deals, especially Lee.

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Or they could extend Brown 1 year, lower his cap his dramatically and not create another need. We can lower his cap hit significantly with some pretty basic changes in structure. 

Again, age and availability are the key concerns.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, Doc said:

I wish they had signed Stills sooner so that he could have gotten into a real game near the end of the season. 

I expect Stills had something to do with that.  He was still earning guaranteed money from the Texans until the post-season.

I agree, for a guy to be a contributor, woulda helped a bunch to get him here earlier

And I'm sure they offered both cheap deals, especially Lee.

I don't know. 

I could have this wrong, but essentially his drafting team (Saints) moved on from him in FA and then two different teams swallowed cap hits, Dolphins in trade and Texans by cutting him with substantial guaranteed salary $, to move on

It's not like the Texans had overwhelming WR talent last year, either. 

Perhaps he just got a raw deal, or perhaps that's a giant red flag.  So Beane brought him in as a "break glass in emergency" guy for the playoffs, and the team had 3 weeks to evaluate his work ethic, practice habits, personality, etc.

Regarding any offer to Stills we've heard 🦗🦗.  Maybe there's a reason.

• Like (+1) 1