Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Available players released from other teams

Jason Laconjecture on the Baltimore FAN drive-home show was drooling over Tyrell Williams to the Ravens. FA already released and doesn't count against the extra draft picks formula, just the way they like them.

Edited by Rico

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not a big fan of Williams. I'd rather the team look elsewhere.

I remember this time two years ago this board was desperate for the Bills to sign him when he was a FA. I will say now what I said then. He is at absolute best a low end #2. He was my FA to avoid. I wouldn't go there now either.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I remember this time two years ago this board was desperate for the Bills to sign him when he was a FA. I will say now what I said then. He is at absolute best a low end #2. He was my FA to avoid. I wouldn't go there now either.

I didn't really want him then either.

As others, I'd prefer Brown back on a restructured deal but Williams is intriguing at the right price. Has size and speed. He put up ok numbers dealing with bilateral plantar fasciitis. Coming off a missed season due to shoulder not a knee or something that would affect his running. If they let Brown go, he could be a good 1 yr rental in case Davis has a sophomore slump.

18 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Tyrell Williams wouldn’t be a horrible John Brown replacement for like 4m. Different kind of player, but still could be nice in this offense. 

I'm fine with moving on from brown but if we do I prefer we replace him with a young guy. 1st or 2nd round pick.