Cole Beasley is good with the football

Draconator

22 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

So - regardless if the Bills are threatening to cut him (though Brandon Beane was quoted about that general premise a few weeks ago), many of the posters on this board are calling for him to be cut. That is what I am referring to as stupid.

Brandon Beane's response was not about cutting players who were not taking vaccine.   This is an attempt to use what was said and expanded upon issue he did not address.  This is done very often.

Beane was talking about maintaining a football advantage in terms of practices, etc. by having required percentage of players with vaccine per NFL protocol rules.  It would not be an advantage to cut a veteran just for that reason but if Beane had 2 players who he needed to choose between to reach percentage, one with vaccine and one not, he would cut the player which would give him the advantage.  I believe all teams would do that just as they would between two players of equal ability, one causing a media crap storm and one not.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, TBBills said:

After watching Josh Allen almost break the NFL record for TDs to different players I am not worried about Beasley.

We have the QB that makes players better.

The offense of most players are healthy will still be very good without Beasley. But if this team wants to win a Super Bowl heading into a season losing your second best offensive weapon without a replacement is not a good idea. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

The offense of most players are healthy will still be very good without Beasley. But if this team wants to win a Super Bowl heading into a season losing your second best offensive weapon without a replacement is not a good idea. 

Especially this close to the season, without the ability to address in draft or FA. Fingers crossed.

14 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I just ordered my Beasley jersey. Amazing player, good head on his shoulders and make great life decisions.

I love Beasley as a player but I don’t think he has a great head on his shoulders. Just looking at his Twitter and I see a lot of questionable takes and I am not even talking vaccine or Covid stuff either.

• Vomit 2

On 6/24/2021 at 11:57 AM, LABILLBACKER said:

Losing Cole is not an option. He's way to valuable in complimenting Diggs. McB has to find a way to diffuse this issue somehow?

What would Bill Belichick do?  Jab him in his sleep and tell him the NFL made an exception just for you because they admired his courage in speaking out.  They may have to think outside the box here.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh Allen is a god and can’t lose.  Didn’t you know?  Same guys who say Josh made these players good and we don’t need them are the same guys that said Josh was always this good, but wasn’t good because he didn’t have any weapons .

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NY Nole said:

So - regardless if the Bills are threatening to cut him (though Brandon Beane was quoted about that general premise a few weeks ago), many of the posters on this board are calling for him to be cut. That is what I am referring to as stupid. In terms of the league - vaccination is not a requirement for employment - it merely waives the ginned up procedures for unvaxxed. If he doesn’t get the shot- he is still allowed to play with heightened protocols and other procedures like 2020. That he should be further penalized or ostracized is foolish. Also - if you read through this thread - there are posts that suggest he wasn’t any good anyways…it was all a product of Josh Allen… yada yada - that is foolish and stupid.

As to Beasley’s stance, maybe Cole was trying to bring attention for a perceived lack of support from his union. Maybe he is frustrated by the process and feels there can/should be a less restrictive compromise for non vaxxed. 

The Bills cannot cut someone for not getting vaccinated... So you can throw that out the window.

10 hours ago, TBBills said:

After watching Josh Allen almost break the NFL record for TDs to different players I am not worried about Beasley.

We have the QB that makes players better.

It has to be recognized that one of the reasons Allen was able to throw TD's to so many different players was BECAUSE the defense had to focus on covering players like Beasley and Diggs.    That gave other players opportunities as the defense lost track of them.

It doesn't mean the star, hard to cover players are expendable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this so bumped a thread with a title that is still accurate. Listening to Locked on NFL today, they surmised that Cole could likely take the opt out that is now available for 2021 because he stated he’s not concerned with the $ part. I’m not posting this to discuss his post, the vaccine, or anything along those lines. please refrain from any comments like that because the thread will get locked and we won’t be able to discuss Cole on the field. Rather, stick to the realistic possibility on the field and the football consequences of not having Cole either this season, or ever again. 

Yolo made a reasonable request here:

"I’m not posting this to discuss his post, the vaccine, or anything along those lines. please refrain from any comments like that because the thread will get locked and we won’t be able to discuss Cole on the field. Rather, stick to the realistic possibility on the field and the football consequences of not having Cole either this season, or ever again."

Unfortunately, the last bunch of posts indicate unwillingness to respect this and I lack the patience or time to clean up after y'all and play "Hall Monitor"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1