Bruce Springsteen....Bombed in the USA?

Bill from NYC

7 hours ago, The Poojer said:

.08 is simply the legal threshold, technically anything over .00 is considered DUI, this sounds pretty stupid though, allegedly.  Took a shot with some fans who flagged him down for a picture, a park police saw him and went over and arrested him.

Awesome. I'd like to buy that park policeman a drink. :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

This news story really bothers me for several reasons:

• The arrest happened back in November.  Shame on TMZ for sitting on it and waiting to release after the Superbowl Ad.
  • And shame on Jeep too, did they not dig through Bruce's career and arrest record before having him be the front man for their ad?
  • Continuing with the shame train, if .02 can get you arrested, why don't we just make it 0.0.  Shame on the cops, lawyers, and lawmakers.  While I don't condone drunk driving having a silly limit where essentially drinking two drinks puts you over, then whats the point?  Why not install those breathalyzers in every car ignition to make sure no one driving is dunk?
  • Lastly, shame on me for reading these articles and caring.  This isn't even a news story.  Any person who has drunk alcohol has driven over the limit at some point in their lives.  You park outside any bar and you could give 9/10 people DUIs.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-hearing-dwi-charges-dismissed-1132609/

As part of a pre-hearing agreement between U.S. attorneys and Springsteen’s legal team, Springsteen agreed to plead guilty to consuming alcohol in a closed area — during the hearing, Springsteen admitted to having “two small shots of tequila” — at the Gateway National Recreation Area.

However, as the judge overseeing the case noted, up until three summers ago, alcohol consumption was allowable at the Sandy Hook, New Jersey, park.

After pleading guilty to the consuming alcohol in a closed area charge, Springsteen, who has no prior criminal history, was handed down a $500 fine. When asked how long he needed to pay the fine, Springsteen told the judge, “I think I can pay that immediately, your Honor.”

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Thank goodness there was no Go Fund Me appeal. My wife almost cancelled our main credit card after so many charges she didn’t recognize. I told her if it’s $17 and you don’t recognize it, check with me. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.