Most of Brady's Super Bowl wins came when he was 37+

TheFunPolice

On 2/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, TheFunPolice said:

I've realized over the past few days that it's the Patriots who I hate more than Brady. This season the Bucs travel to NE in what you know will be a prime time game. I'm not 100% sure how I'll feel, but I think I'll want to see the Bucs drop 50 on the Pats and Belichick while their home fans cheer for the Bucs.

It's fun to see someone play this well at that age, although I don't want him to win nor do I cheer for him.

Still, he is proof that you CAN play into your 40's as a QB if you have the dedication and get a little lucky with injuries. Not many are that laser focused for that long. 

A lot of guys win a ring, try for another, but are rich, have a title, and happy. They aren't going to put themselves through what it takes for that many years. I'm not even sure Big Ben exercises anymore. 

On the other hand, Brady looks at his 7 rings and sees 13 failed seasons. 

"On the other hand, Brady looks at his 7 rings and sees 13 failed seasons."

This is a very powerful statement. This is what I feel a lot of the "haters" fail to realize.

Edited by 716
Failed reply

In the history of the Super Bowl, other than Brady, three QB’s have won four SB’s at age 37 or older.  Unitas started SB V at 37.  He was terrible, didn’t finish game and his career was pretty much over at that point. (In fact, if you want a laugh, take a look at the box score for Super Bowl V.  It may have been the worst game ever played.). Elway won back to back Super Bowls at 37 and 38 and retired. Impressive end to a HOF career.  Manning won with Denver but he couldn’t throw the ball 20 yards downfield and he retired after the game.  That’s really the thing with Brady.  Forget about everything before he turned 37.  What he’s done after that is just sick.