Mcshay Mock has Najee Harris to Buffalo

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Hopefully, the days of the Bills making stupid trades in which they get the short end of the stick are over.

The Bills have a real GM now.

It wouldn't be out of the realm to trade out of the 1st into the early 2nd and still see Najee sitting there. Taylor fell out of the 1st. This whole idea would have been unnecessary if our run game had just stepped it up. We need a stud pass rusher. We could use a better RB or TE. We need a 1tech to replace Star someday. We need that nickel hybrid LB/S. Maybe trading back is the strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I want to at least have the capacity to throw to either TE. Right now it's an inconsistent Knox and no one else. 12 personnel not only helps Josh in pass protection but it can afford him a safety valve. Davis will improve in his 2nd season but we still need to continue the search for a better RB or TE.

I agree with this last, but I don't think it translates to running more 12 personnel.   It would translate to the better RB or TE on the field in 11 sets IMO, until and unless we have 2 TE that demonstrate they're better players than our 3 best WR.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I want to at least have the capacity to throw to either TE. Right now it's an inconsistent Knox and no one else. 12 personnel not only helps Josh in pass protection but it can afford him a safety valve. Davis will improve in his 2nd season but we still need to continue the search for a better RB or TE.

That's one way of getting a 4th round pick.

Tommy Sweeney season coming up.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

The slighter better RB than Moss anology is underestimating the potential of Najee Harris IMO. I realize Alabama provides very good running conditions. Alabama also recruits some of the best RB's in the nation. In his final season with the tide Najee Harris scored 30 TD's total ground and air with 1,891 total yards ground and air. Averaging 5.8 yards a carry. ( Derrick Henrys last season with Alabama 5.7 ) I'm not sure Bama wins a Championship without the scoring machine named Najee Harris IMO.

So while I wouldn't go as far as saying generational yet. If your looking for the next Thurman Thomas Najee Harris could be that guy in my humble opinion. I realize drafting Harris is going to require reaching higher then you probably should IMO. Still, intelligent. highly motivated.  I think Harris is an exceptional athlete at the RB position that does it all and would fit very well in the process IMO.

With all due respect

Figster - I totally hear you and completely respect your take.

I am more afraid that he will be less able to do the things he did at Alabama once he gets to the NFL.  I think his Alabama play would be great, but I am not sure he translates completely to the NFL.

He loses his biggest advantage of a supremely talented OL and insane talent at WR  and I am not sure if he becomes great in a place like Buffalo where he is going to get limited runs (pass first team) and limited passes - Allen is a WR thrower and has not really developed into a check down guy.

If he is getting 10-12 rushes a game and maybe 2-3 passes - does he look like the same guy? 

I also fear what his speed will look like - to me he does not have that break away speed - so can he get the ball to the edge or pile drive the pile if the holes are limited?

For me I would prefer to see the Bills go after an absolute speed RB in the later rounds that can do some of the things McKittrick does.  Hit the edges and one cut and be gone.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, dave mcbride said:

I agree, but I have an iron rule about this: you simply cannot worry about sunk costs. If you don't think your RBs (or whatever position it might be) are good enough, the the fact that you expended draft capital on the position in previous seasons is immaterial when it comes to making the team better. 

THIIIIIIIS! Should we have kept Losman around longer?  Singletary is a definitive miss, Moss came on strong but is still unknown.  Harris would keep Chiefs secondary from sitting in soft zones, lining up 10yds off the line.  Respect the run and let Josh eat