Mcshay Mock has Najee Harris to Buffalo

2 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Man think if we had Henry with the weapons at WR and Allen teams would have to stay in the box Allen could really eat. 

My thoughts exactly! If we were picking in the top ten then maybe the value would not be there, but at 30, if he is there, im running to the podium.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Each were 3rd rounders and neither is better than a 2 in this league. Watch some film on Harris if you havent. He is a beast like Henry. 

Harris is a beast. I’m sure he’ll be a good player in the league. I just think it wouldn’t be a smart idea to draft another running back when we can’t run block. They need to upgrade the trenches as that’s where the game is won. 

20 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Dang we went from afc Championship to maybe a year away to now reading all the post we need a rb TE  DE LB OL CB WR dang we’re in trouble next year 

Buffalo got stomped by a Chiefs team that got stomped by a Bucs Team. 

It does suggest the Buffalo Bills need to continue upgrading at certain positions in the process.

30 is usually a wasteland position.  Basically, not a big differance from 25 to 50.  I really think if Etinne or Harris are on the board its a very interesting position to have.  Do you take an off the ball non mike baker, edge with athletism with little production, a tackle who projects to a guard, a 1 or 0 tech DT.  Im not saying Buffalo doesnt have a need for any of those positions but there is a decent amount of risk for each.  

I feel Buffalo is going into the offense looking to get more effective running the ball and more speed on defense.  I understand dont draft a runningback til day 3 and all that.  Without a trade down I expect as pure guy to guy rb will be closer to elite players than other positions.

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So you'd rather reach for the 4th or 5th best edge, LB, or CB instead of picking the BPA and one of the top RBs?

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to be able to fill a defensive hole there. But it's not like our RBs are set at all either, and we have a shot at one of the best in the draft.

Completely agree Dr D.  (I love your user name by the way.  And you have been on here a long time)  Najee Harris is a great talent.  He was dominant at Alabama.  Singletary and Moss are not dynamic in the slightest.  We can do much better then both.  I thought we should have taken JK Dobbins in the second round last year.  Instead we took Epenesa, who did nothing for us this past season.  I would draft Najee Harris.  Cut all the trash D Lineman we signed last off season in free agency (Jefferson Butler and especially Addison) and try again signing  2 or 3 new free agent D Lineman.  And most definitely resign Darryl Williams at RT.    

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Is he a gifted runner, receiver and blocker?

Yes. 

He is the best RB in the class. A behemoth of a dude and has great speed. 

Hes solid in all 3 aspects you mentioned.

Hes similar to Matt Forte. 

would have to give him at least 15-20 carries per game and some targets to justify a pick at that position (20-25-30% of the offense)

would have to cut Singletary or Moss -  young-cheap-3rd recent picks - not likely 

a vet replacement for TJ (game day inactive) is more likely rather than a high draft choice

Edited by First Round Bust

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1 - I would love to see a stud running back on this offense

2 - Alabama skills players, minus wrs, make me nervous because who couldn’t put up numbers in that offense with all that talent

3 - after spending 2 3rds in back to back year on rbs, it seems insane to invest a 1st in one. Especially when history shows a low round or Udfa might be just as good, 

4 - with Allen and the receivers, for the first time in forever, we won’t have teams stacking the box daring us to throw. I think we just need a breakaway threat and they can be found many places besides the 1st round. 

like I won’t hate it because he was a beast in college but I feel like the pick could be used somewhere else. 

I agree, but I have an iron rule about this: you simply cannot worry about sunk costs. If you don't think your RBs (or whatever position it might be) are good enough, the the fact that you expended draft capital on the position in previous seasons is immaterial when it comes to making the team better. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You need an o-line that can block for any RB—one you draft or one already on your team.  It’s a sad testament to our running game that Josh is our biggest running threat (and each time he runs he’s one hit, twisted knee or torn ACL or MCL from the season ending, and God forbid, our franchise QB’s career from being over.  GET OUR BOY SOME HELP ON THE O LINE.  And, dump as much garbage as you can on the D-Line—trenches are where it all starts.

BTW—no one can run behind that line and make it look good (except maybe OJ—it makes me shudder to utter that name—though the inadvertent rhyme was a bonus!).

I love the off-season and all our bickering based on speculation. We have a good team, it’s a pleasure to be able to have discussions like this as opposed to discussions about overhauling the entire team instead of plugging holes. Like the Alka-Seltzer commercials from days past, oh what a relief it is!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

For those hoping for either Harris or Ettine to be on the board at 30 I think there is a really good chance. Between picks 14 and 30 there's really only three teams that would be interested. Jets, Dolphins and Steelers. 

Yeah I think there is a chance that one or both could be there at 30...

My thoughts are though ... which one do the Bills want? Who is going to be the better fit ? 

Or is either ok?

I don’t want them just taking the one  that’s still there because they “need to take an RB”...

In my very uneducated analysis to date... I think Etienne might be better for the Bills in 2021

23 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Jeremy White was saying similar things the other day..I could see other positions obviously too but it is interesting to see the national media now starting to link the Bills to RBs  

I think it's high level thinking:  Bills need more run game...therefore they need a better RB

I think Beane doesn't like to show his hand much, but when he says something you can generally count on it being a pretty close match to the way he sees things. 

And Beane said pretty clearly that he thought it was unfair to single out our backs for the problems with the run game.

I kind of go with Cover1's assessment that the majority of the problem was on the OL for poor run blocking, with the remainder split between RBs and scheme

"BPA" and all that, but unless there's someone at 30 we have much higher I'm kinda thinking we invest a high pick elsewhere.

2 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

would have to give him at least 15-20 carries per game and some targets to justify a pick at that position (20-25-30% of the offense)

would have to cut Singletary or Moss -  young-cheap-3rd recent picks - not likely

I doubt we cut Singletary or Moss, certainly not going into training camp

Remember Beane has a talent for getting draft picks for players we can't imagine someone giving up a pick for

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah I think there is a chance that one or both could be there at 30...

My thoughts are though ... which one do the Bills want? Who is going to be the better fit ? 

Or is either ok?

I don’t want them just taking the one  that’s still there because they “need to take an RB”...

In my very uneducated analysis to date... I think Etienne might be better for the Bills in 2021

They definitely each bring different things to the table.

The knock on Etienne is the mileage he has already accrued, and how much wear and tear has been put on his body.

Best case would be both are available at 30, and we get our pick. I'd be happy with either in that case, knowing that Beane got the guy he truly wanted.

But I also wont be upset if Etienne goes early and we still take Harris. I don't necessarily see that as a desperate move to fill a hole. Especially since RB isnt a huge need.

• Like (+1) 1

I just don’t see the Bills spending a 1st round draft choice on a running back especially when Beane came out as his end-of-season presser and said the problem with the running game wasn’t Miss or Singletary.

I think their improvement is tied to new additions on the OL.  The only way I see this move happening is if the team moves on from Singletary and I can’t see that happening.  

If it does, then I would welcome a new weapon to the offense 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I just don’t see the Bills spending a 1st round draft choice on a running back especially when Beane came out as his end-of-season presser and said the problem with the running game wasn’t Miss or Singletary.

I think their improvement is tied to new additions on the OL.  The only way I see this move happening is if the team moves on from Singletary and I can’t see that happening.  

If it does, then I would welcome a new weapon to the offense 

I actually think they may consider Singletary and Moss closer in performance than they thought when they drafted Moss, with Moss better at finding a few yards on his own.

What I think might happen is that Beane will try to swing a trade for Singletary and then pick up a vet running back he sees as an improvement.  But that's just a wild-assed guess.

But first round pick at RB - let's just say he'd better be a true difference making player because I agree with your assessment that to fix the run game, the OL run blocking needs fixed.

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yes and when we pass the ball to our RBs it is a wasted down. KC was giving no respect to Singletary. They begged us to throw him the ball and the result was predictably terrible. A running back with speed or power who can catch the ball in the flats is a huge weapon in the pass game. It isn't just about running. Allen needs another game breaker he can deliver the ball to.

Fair enough. I just feel this offense isnt the kind of offense, as Allen continues to evolve, that is going to dump it off to the RB 10x a game in the passing game. Allen is looking to make plays downfield. 

That being said, i do agree that a more explosive/homerun threat at rb would be nice. A first round pick though? 

Drafting a RB would be three consecutive years we draft a RB in the first 3 rounds. In a passing league,

or during any era, thats kinda nutty.